Ps 145 The Bloomingdale School 5

Posted October 05, 2014
I'm rating this school based on my experience in Pre-K. Which was amazing my son's teacher was passing Pre-K standards and working on kindergarden standards by the middle of the year. He is excelling right now in Kindergarten and it's due to the great start he received at P.S 145.

Posted September 09, 2014
I went to this school, and for so have my sisters and now my stepdaughter and soon my own daughter. The school has many changes over the year but recently it has been better for all the students. The teachers are great. The princip too, she is making changes thats are good for the kids. I personally love this school. I seen other school in queens and some in manhattan. P.s 145 in manhattan is better than any school in Queens .

Posted September 29, 2008

Ps 145 The Bloomingdale School 3

Posted June 26, 2008

Posted April 11, 2006
My daughters are enrolled in the G&T program(grades 1 & 4). We have been in the school for the last 3 years. They love their teachers and I'm very pleased with the program. The teachers are creative and fun! The projects are challenging and innovative. I appreciate the small class sizes. The school offers a music program that is taught by an amazing instructor. She really understands how to work with children and has organized some beautiful assemblies. For additional music education I have enrolled my daugthers at the Bloomingdale School of Music. The school does offer Art and Chess instruction. I haven't heard of any official sports programs. As an active parent I notice not many other parents are involved. The parent involvement is low but there is a group of committed parents that are continually involved raising funds for classroom grants and so other activities.

Ps 145 The Bloomingdale School 1

Posted November 28, 2005
My daughter has been in The Gifted and Talented Program since 1st grade and she is now in the 5th grade. Since then, the school now has its third principal, Mrs. Ivelisse Alvarez. She does not value the G & T program. There were always two G & T classes for each grade. This year there is only one G & T class for the 5th grade. There is a total of 37 students in the class and 1 teacher. My daughter complains that it is impossible to learn with so many students in the class.

Ps 145 The Bloomingdale School 5

Posted October 17, 2005
This school has been through many progressive changes,from being having mediocre principals during 1999 - February 2004. Not providing sufficient extracurricular programs or reaching out to its parents. Not until the newest principal which I will name Ms. A. who began as an IA in P.S.145 in February 2004 til present added programs and the spirit of the school has been lifted and blossomed tremendously. The school also has a Gifted and Talented program, soccer,computer classes and other programs for enrichment. The school also has a very involved Parent Coordinator and together with the principal has increased the level of parent involvement. The school will help brighten future of children who attend.

Ps 145 The Bloomingdale School
150 W 105th St, New York, NY  10025
Last modified Ps 145 The Bloomingdale School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 145 The Bloomingdale School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top