/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted October 28, 2014
Too many chefs in this school and no knows what the other is doing!!! They don't teach very well, especially if you have a child in special education. They're not really parent friendly, they just do the bare essentials to get them by. This school really needs a over haul, better administration and better teachers. This school has always had problems and to this date has gotten worst, in my opinion. I would not recommend this school to anyone I know.

Posted March 13, 2014
this school is horrible just like p.s 325 its the Spanish schools that's messing up schools and districts shut these schools down

Ps 153 Adam Clayton Powell 5

Posted June 27, 2013
PS 153 is a great place for quality education. The principal is not only super smart, but humane and caring. Its clear that there mission is to urgently provide quality education to all children.

Posted September 14, 2011
My son is in the Dual Language program in first grade, this being his second year there, and my daughter just began in pre-k. I overall have been very happy with this school. The teachers are kind and friendly to students and parents. They are very much helpful in questions and concerns about my children's education. The arts programs are fantastic; last year my son took piano, vocal, general music class, drama, and art. They have a string orchcestra and a specialized arts intensive program for gifted children. There is a Dual Language program which teaches in both English and Spanish and a Gifted and Talented program. The drawback to this school is lack of parental involvement. If only more parents would get involved, this would definately be one of the top NYC public schools.

Posted March 24, 2010
My daughter has attended this school since September 2009 and this is an excellent school. The principal and teachers are very caring and always willing to talk to you about your childs progress. P.S. 153 is a very warm and nurturing school, my child has made so many new friends. This school has a very good Arts program. We are so blessed to be a part of this school.

Posted October 14, 2009
My son has attended p.s. 153 for 2 years and we are fully satisfied and over joyed with his progress and abilities. Not only has he made nice friends but the staff and system has been enriching in both the arts and sciences. the teachers are caring, disciplined and enthusiastic. we are very lucky to be a part of a great public school.

Posted September 11, 2009
My daughter is in this school and i have her there because i have no other option but i think is the worst school, they don't have organization and they do not teach at all !!

Ps 153 Adam Clayton Powell 3

Posted August 11, 2009
they dont teach that good but they have lots of activities. my daughter is in dance, she learned how to play the viola. so is good. the teaching is so so.

Posted October 05, 2008
my son just started school Sept 2008, ,great Pre-k Program he has advanced in all his skills in 1 month, ,and its free. They also have dual language, ,he is learning spanish too. School really encourages parents to get involved, they want parents to brings ideas. great mix of chiildren, reflective of emerging neighborhood. I am happy so far

Posted September 06, 2007
The school and it's faculty staff has improved tremendously. I had remove my children from the school, and decided to return them this year...the grass is not alway greener. They offer a number of programs not offered at many other 'proforming' schools, and parent involvement has improved. They have a number of workshop for parents during days, and weekend. They offer weekend classes for kids who need extra help....The staff is open to suggestions, and appreciates volunteer assistance.

1750 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY  10031
Last modified Ps 153 Adam Clayton Powell is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 153 Adam Clayton Powell Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top