/ School Profile

Ps 166 Henry Gradstein 5

Posted July 04, 2014
My child has attended PS 166 for 2 years. This far we've been very satisfied with our teacher, staff, and our principal.

Posted February 24, 2014
My son is in kindergarten at this school and we are very pleased with it so far. His teacher is warm, caring, creative and inspiring to the kids. The principal is a true leader, who promotes a child-centered learning environment at the school. My son also has some special health issues requiring accommodations at school and I have found the entire school staff to be excellent on this issue.

Posted February 18, 2014
My daughter has been attending PS 166 for two years and I've found the school, administration, and teachers to be incredibly warm, caring, and accessible. Principal Geller is fantastic--she's very engaged, open to parent involvement, and she literally knows every single one of the students by name. My daughter's teacher this year is excellent--she gives the kids constant, positive reinforcement and her classroom is a calm yet vital space for learning. My daughter has made amazing friends and has been really happy.

Ps 166 Henry Gradstein 1

Posted November 24, 2013
Ms. Geller is a phoney. She walks around and smiles at the parents, but in reality she is incompetent. She is NOT in tune to the cultural diversity and can't get rid of the horrible teachers because she is weak and used to work with them. I'm looking into moving to P.S 122 and not waste anymore of my child's educational time.

Posted October 20, 2013
Ms. Geller used to be my reading teacher when I was in like 2nd; 2-225 or 3rd grade; 3-225. She then became assistant principle and now is the principle. I don't do to that school anymore because I am in Middle school now. Ms. Tomais was my third grade teacher and she was the best teacher. She was so nice. I don't know if she still teaches or not

Ps 166 Henry Gradstein 1

Posted September 28, 2013
My child started kindergarten this September 2013, what I realized in ps166 is nobody wants to do anything , from the first time I went to hand in my child's application, one of the ladies was very rude & gave me a run around just to hand in a application & ignored me standing at the desk for over 15 minutes. Now my child has been attending ps 166 for about 2 weeks & I been having problems with the assistant principal harassing me every morning & their after school program don't want to deal with the children, they will call you at work to come pick your child up for any little thing. These are suppose to be workers/ counclers who are able to handle children . I was told from one of the workers of the Jacob Riis program that their counclers aren't equipt to handle my child. My child who is only 4 years old attended the Jacob Riis program for only 4 days & they kicked my child out of the program. Nobody in this school wants to do anything , they just wanna brush the children off to somebody else ,instead of trying to help . I can't believe this school operates this way.

Ps 166 Henry Gradstein 2

Posted September 10, 2013
My child go to this school. Teacher was wonder full last year . This school was good school years back now is falling behind because good parent dosen't want deal with the office stuff ! Some of them are really rude ! I think parent are the vital roll of success for school and the kid ! I think office stuff dosen't who comes and who go they will get paid anyway !

Posted January 09, 2013
I was a student at this school, I really liked it. It is clean, some teachers are fun but others are strict. This school is good. I started at second grade. I miss this school. M.s Geller, the new principal is nice, understanding, very qualified. If you behave good you wouldn't have a problem. I liked the way they teach. This school has dual language. In gym, my class played fun games. The teacher quality is pretty good . Any one who goes to this school will love it. I recommend it.

Posted September 30, 2012
This school used to be really good with nice teachers and bright children.But over the years they started hiring rude teachers that sometimes cursed and talked in slang.The school progress report went from an A to a D.Some teachers also have no patience.They lose their temper easily.Ever since they and the rude lunch ladies were hired it started becoming a bad school.It wasn't the principal's fault the children's fault or the teacher's fault.Hopefully, the new principal,Mrs.Geller, can turn thing around.I am a 6th grader that just bothered to review and I went to this school since kindergarten.All my teachers were nice.They were Mrs.A (I forgot her full name),Mrs. Calpakis, Mrs. Davenel, Mrs. Hoar,and Mrs. Agosto and Mrs. Seitz..I forgot my kindergarten teacher but her name started with a C.This is a fair school.

Posted February 29, 2012
My daughter attend to dual language program and she loves her teachers. She enjoys going school, and learning very well. There are many good teachers there but it is true that there are some teachers who does not seem qualified. Some of the office staff are very rude and speak with no courtesy to the parents or visitors (I often want to cover my daughters ears.) It is unfortunate to have these people who destroy the reputation of other great teacher's hard work. It seems former principal, Mrs. Janet Farrell did not care those too much. I hope new Principal I.A., Mrs Geller will act quickly for change and hire appropriate teachers and office staff. Like Reply

Ps 166 Henry Gradstein
33-09 35th Avenue, New York, NY  11106
Last modified Ps 166 Henry Gradstein is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 166 Henry Gradstein Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top