Bad
Good

The registrar at this school does not know about serviced apartment or rental mail box. What should I say? We are still looking around for a place to stay after moving into this city. I stay at a serviced apartment for now. It seems she has never heard of it. It is okay not to know. People are not all smart. My 13 years old understands what a serviced apartment is , just in a second. The registrar is so sure that I am lying about the address. Very rude. It is unbelievable that this kind of uneducated woman get a job at a school . I think NYC should reevaluate their staff. I tried to explain but she won't understand. As a registrar, she should actually know that some people live in temporary housing.She is not doing her job.Please, don't accuse people without any reasons.. I hope she knows to apologize at least? Probably not? I think she needs to go back to school to get more knowledge and better manner. Please don't accuse someone of something if you are the one who does not have enough capabilities to understand. BTW, serviced apt and rental mail box is not something new neither rare. Looks like she lives in a tiny eggshell with no window/door to outside world.

Everyone has been saying that their are bullies and teachers only care about sp students, well I dont believe that im going to find out myself this september. And by the way I cant wait!

I am a student in the SP program at Wagner. I feel like you are only cared about in the honers program. There is bullying at this school but the guidance counselor and assistant principals at each grande level do a lot to get people through it. My teachers have favorites and give more opportunities to them opposed to other students. Very unfair. Other than that there are nice people and if you get Ms. Dansky as a teacher you are very lucky. This school is average if you are not in the honers program, nothing too special about it. Also being in a big school is hard so, choose a smaller school to go to if you have the option.

I think that Robert F. Wagner is an amazing school academically and in terms of student support. To the extent that a parent reported bullying, if you contact Dean Eldridge he will be completely on top of it and will work to resolve it expeditiously. The school is very on top of these kind of issues and my son has had a wonderful experience at this school.

My son started from 6th grade. It's a messy school, Dean and most of teachers don't know how to deal with teens, only blame the students. Home work system is good, but some teachers don't post home work on the system, it make students and parents difficult to follow and finish the HW, and the missed HW were all counted to student grades. If you want to keep a good grade, please be careful to write down all class assignments. And the school don't know how to support students for SHSAT test, and high school applications for prep test and recommendations. The school is not well organized, the HW loaded little in grade 6 and 7 grades, 8th grade turned out a lot as usual during SHSAT prep time, teachers don't care about your test, they only care their teaching schedules. I recommend that don't go the big school if you can find other smaller school.

Hi I'm a former student of this school I graduated in 1970,it only seems like yesterday,I always tell my children and grandchildren if only I could turn back the hands of time,I would give up everything to go back to my 8th and 9 th grade with the same students and teachers.Wagner was the best years of my life.Remembering the principal Mr. Bernard Walker who I loved so dearly and that good looking gym teacher Mr. John Whittekin,who later in years became the principal ,I loved all the fun,all the learning just loved everything about wagner,I moved out of NY but if I was there my children and grandchildren would have attended Wagner.Giving thanks to my 8th grade math teacher Ms. Joan campbell who thought me to love math later in years I became a bookkeeper.5 stars for the school

Both my sons attended Wagner Middle School. One is going to Brooklyn Tech and the other will be starting at Frank McCourt this year. The school is well run, the teachers are approachable, helpful and they respond when you email them. The administration is equally responsive and approachable. I have nothing but praise for Ms. Torres, Mr. Eldridge and particularly Ms Renn-Losarda.

What a terrible school. My son and daughter were both victims of bullying at this school. Bullying seems to be a great problem at this school for many children. If you don't want your son or daughter to become a victim of bullying, I highly recommend that you avoid sending them here. The school also only seems to care about the honors classes and no effort is made for the regular classes. I am greatly disappointed by the school's lack of commitment.

My son entered sixth grade here recently and was the victim of a bullying incident almost immediately. The school's response was slow and lacked transparency with the Dean of Students trying hard to discredit my son's story and shield the bullies. The principal, Ms. Losquadro, only took part in the investigation on my insistance and threat of applying for a safety transfer for my son. Send your kids to East Side Middle School if possible. Avoid this place.

The building looks like a jail. Some students have behavior issue that administration can't control. The administration seems to be overwhelmed by the situation and does not aggressively address the problem. The information from school to parents are not always transparent ( advanced program, music program, other activities .. ) Thanks to its diversity (mostly Asian), the school is academically well performing in Math/Sciences. The school is mostly over rated above but better than many middle schools in the city.

Last modified Jhs 167 Robert F Wagner is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.