Posted June 25, 2014
As the school year comes to an end, I would like to say how grateful I am as a parent to have my children attend this OUTSTANDING school! The teachers are extremely dedicated in helping their students achieve. It is evident that they care. The parent coordinator, Ms. Spears is ALWAYS available to help & assist in any way that she can! Ms. Spears has a way of reassuring us as parents that our children are safe & in good hands when we drop them off. That's extremely comforting to know making it easier to start our day. Ms. Spears has a great rapport w/ many parents & many of us greatly depend on her for our children. Thank you for never getting tired of giving of yourself & endless days of waiting until the last student is picked up. We recognize your commitment, love & support to our children & parents. PS/IS 171 is so fortunate to have you! I hope everyone has a restful & enjoyable summer!! See you in September!

Ps 171 Patrick Henry 3

Posted June 20, 2014
Try speaking with the "hands on principal" and you are quickly redirected to the guidance counselors or the A.P.'s. Don't get me wrong they are lovely people , especially Mr. Martinez , but it is interesting how selective the principal Mr. Pantelidis could be when you call , not to praise and compliment but asked the your child's rights be respected. Middle School selection is basically a "Charter School type" admissions at this school. Even when you follow the Chancellor's Regulations and do everything by the book,you still get the run around and are mislead. Public Education should be available to all, not just those that are pleasing to some principals. Will continue to try to get a meeting with the ever elusive Mr. Pantelidis. Will be doing it with my son so that he could explain why he tried to mislead us regarding rankings and returning 5th graders. Great school academically but boy do you have to be proactive and assertive to get what is rightfully yours! Mr. Pantelidis once told me that the beauty of being a principal is that you run your school your way. My response to that is that ''PARENT AND STUDENTS'" RIGHTS OVER RIDE YOU "EXECUTIVE DECISIONS" AS PER DOE REG"!

Ps 171 Patrick Henry 2

Posted December 10, 2013
I would not recommend this school for child if he/she has a learning disability. My child felt isolated and when I needed help, none was to be found. I NEVER met with the "hands on" principal. I had two other children who went to this school and didn't have any problems so needless to say I am very shocked and disapointed in the school.

Posted November 14, 2013
My daughter is in 3rd grade now (has been in the school since Pre-K) and I can absolutely say I love this school. The entire staff is wonderful. The principal (Mr. Pantelides) welcomes and greets each and every student outside of the school doors every morning. The curriculum is very hands on and educational. My daughter enjoys coming to school everyday and learning.

Posted November 08, 2013
Hi all, I am a parent looking for a middle school for my daughter I always heard great things about Henry Partick, So I decided to inquire more about the school. My husband and I attended a open school visit on Oct. 22 we was very impressed by what we saw and heard. Mr. Pantelidis was so proud of his school with all they have accomplished and done through out the years. The school is very clean the kids are organized and so are the class rooms, the science labs are beautiful. The class size are large but coming from a charter school where the classes are smaller this school is much organized than my daughters school is I say that to say smaller classes are not always better. I wasnt sure of the school we (my daughter, husband, I ) was going to pick but after visiting this school, it will be picked as our 1st choice if any parent is looking for a school you should deffinetly consider visiting this school. The next open house is Nov. 19th. @ 9am. Good luck to u all, including us.

Posted October 24, 2013
What does it mean to be an "A" RANKING school? Today, teachers and schools follow a new framework which is composed of four domains - the ability to be prepared and well planned, the environment (both physical and emotional), the instruction and professional responsibilities of the staff. As obvious as these domains may seem, there are many schools lacking in more than one of these areas. Mr. Pantelidis, along with his assistant principals Mrs. Zararis and Mr. Gaffney, continuously guide and support their staff to reach and maintain the highest levels of these domains. They have hired specialists to train us and support us in the new common core curriculum. There is constant reflection and professional feedback as well. Long before this framework, Mr. Pantelidis made it his personal business to create a warm and inviting environment by greeting students daily as they walk through the doors of P.S. 171. Patrick Henry Prep doesn't need the banners to tell you how good we are. The students, our country's future leaders, at any given point of the day will tell you how they love being a part of the P.S. 171 FAMILY.

Posted October 08, 2013
My experience with this school has been the best I've had so far. My daughter is a first grader whom joined the school while entering Pre-K. Her vocabulary is amazing! Her work work ethic is that of an older child. She is dedicated to her studies and really enjoys learning. I thank Mr. Pantelidis and the wonderful staff of PS/IS 171 for this. I feel very fortunate to have found a great school amongst all the other less than acceptable choices in East Harlem.

Posted October 05, 2013
First of all, YOU need to learn grammar before you write a review online. Secondly, you don't know anything about the best principal NYC has ever had. That's my principal Mr. Pantelidis. Before you judge a person would you PLEASE learn how to spell his name. If you want your child to receive a mediocre education go to another school because PS 171 is a school for kids who love to learn. Also, Mr. Pantelidis is a wonderful human being who cares more about how the children grow. What can I say about the staff. The only things I can say is that they are incredible, professional and caring. I understand you feel frustrated because maybe your child came from a school where they do not receive structure and a real education but parent I'm telling you if you push your child and work together with the staff your kid will be successful . Do not be negative and please DO NOT talk bad about my PRINCIPAL. My son receive the best education in this school. PS 171 is a school for a great academics. This is the school your child should apply for.

Posted September 27, 2013
P.S. 171 is a rare gem in that learning actually takes place. Classrooms are outfitted with leveled and age appropriate libraries, updated technology, and other supplies. The principal greets parents and children by name. Teachers, and other staff, contact parents as needed.

Posted August 01, 2013
I have never met such a dedicated person. Principal Pantelidis is an exemplar individual. He greets students by name every morning. He is truly shaping the lives of all the young people whom are fortunate enough to cross his path. With his compassion for people and his love for education he has truly developed a strong academic program that will impact every student in the school. He demands hard work and matches every success with great opportunities. I am truly blessed to be receiving the results of all his hard work. My daughter is receiving an amazing education through the public system. I commend him and the great teachers who carry out his mission.

Ps 171 Patrick Henry
19 E 103rd St, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Ps 171 Patrick Henry is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 171 Patrick Henry Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top