/ School Profile
New York, NY

Ps 173 5

Posted April 19, 2014
Mis hijas se sienten muy a gusto en esta escuela y lo q a mi me ha grada es las personas q trabajan en la oficina Siempre son muy atentas y los maestros Siempre dispuestos ayudar a nuestros hijos, lo unico q hace falta en la escuela es mas participacion de los padres pero espero q eso cambie

Ps 173 4

Posted June 07, 2010
I like this school; my daughter has had good teachers; since pre-k, and 1st grader. And now my son is going there.

Ps 173 4

Posted May 26, 2010
I love this school; my daughter has had good teachers; and this year her teacher has been the BEST: Ms. Martin! She has brought out so much good out of her. The school is clean, ppl in the cafeteria r nice, so is security. ---Went there as a child!

Ps 173 0

Posted April 20, 2010
My son has a stigma over him... He has a learning disability which often makes his behavior problematic... Communication with the school has failed for years.... Teachers mean well but are lead by an incompetent principal... There is now a middle school for non-english speaking students inside of the school. At dismissal time you see these older students lingering, cursing loudly, and even fighting near the younger children.

Posted March 07, 2010
My daughter has never improved. P.S 173 has good teachers that mean well, but school is lacking on education and technology. My daughter loves going to school, but is not that interested in learning

Posted July 30, 2007
- a former student

Ps 173 0

Posted June 28, 2007
I feel that the school shouldn't only accomadate or focus on hispanic children as one parent mentioned, schools are designed for all children of different cultures and they also have english and spanish classes for those who needs it.

Ps 173 3

Posted September 19, 2006
My experience as a parent of 3 children has been up and down. The school cut off alot of extracurricular activities. Safety for my daughter was unacceptable. There are no sports available in the school. As a working parent I get involved as much as I possibly can. I attended this school myself, but it is not the same............

Posted July 08, 2006

Ps 173 5

Posted January 12, 2006
PS.173 I would say has a wide selection of academic programs & activities available for all children. They especially accommodate the spanish speaking children. I believe that they have good, caring,enthusiastic teachers. Some are new and most are veterans. The music programs are great. My son learned how to play the recorder in no time. He turns to his recorder when he feels sad or happy. In ways it's become a therapeutic tool to alleviate some of his everyday challenges. They also offer violin lessons,dance and even have a soccer team. Because of my 150 word limit I'm not able to mention the many more activities..etc at P.S. 173. I'll conclude my note by saying that it's a great school and they have a great staff & teachers!

Ps 173
306 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, NY  10033
Last modified Ps 173 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 173 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top