/ School Profile
New York, NY
Students enrolled: 1,121

Posted October 25, 2012
This is a great school. Everyone in the building cares about the well being of each child. From custodians to principals, from school aids to teachers, everyone takes time to meet the needs of the students. My son is currently in the third grade and enjoys learning very much. He even comes home practicing the typing skills learned in computer class and the songs learned in music. I love this school.

Posted October 25, 2012
Excellent teachers and administrators. I went to this school and really love how great it still is. My brother currently attends the fifth grade and it's unbelievable how much effort his teacher puts so that he succeeds. I commend the school and the people who work there for a great job.

Posted January 10, 2011
good school, good teachers, clean, secure, challengin academic progrmas, strong principal and staff, good comunication

Posted September 15, 2010
This is my older daughter`s first school and she is learing a lot and now she is in 4 grade and my middle one is now staring in the same school as her older sister,this a great school.

Posted May 19, 2010
I am an alum of this school and now my son is attending. This is a very good school, it shows students the fundamentals they need to succeed. I have seen many people including myself prosper because of this school. The principal i s excellent, the teachers are excellent and even the school aides are excellent.

Ps 189 0

Posted October 01, 2009
I love p.s.189 cus everybody in this school will try to do what right for your kids and help the kids what they need to do and learn even more each day.

Posted March 03, 2009

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted May 12, 2008

Posted February 28, 2008

Ps 189
2580 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY  10040
Last modified Ps 189 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 189 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top