/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted September 01, 2010
My child attended last school year and the proffesor even though he had a large class he manage very well. The downside to that was when he had to leave for medical reasons. The proffesor left less than half school year and was replaced by a temp who did not wanted to be there. Her attitude was so detrimental that even we did not wanted him to finish the school year with her. Favoritism and lack off communication was a daily issue...

Posted December 02, 2009
I have never really liked the teachers in this school! They seem not to be very knowledgeable or friendly. However; I had a wonderful experience last year when my son had a wonderful teacher; Ms. Echavarria!!! She was my son's 5th grade teacher. Boy, this teacher was on point; she was so knowledgeable and incredible with behavior management!! I thanks her so much!! The bad thing is that she is only one teacher she can not teach all grades, because that would be a plus for the school!

Ps 192 Jacob H Schiff 2

Posted August 13, 2009
My son has been going there since 2006, the 1st half of the yr his teacher was horrible for the 2ndt half of the yr there was a significant improvement when they placed Ms. rincon as the teacher(really nice lady).The following yr. the teacher wasn't the best given the fact that my son barely brought homework home, as for last year it was slighlty better nothing to brag about. My point is this school needs to improve in all aspects, focus more on discipline(my son is well disciplined and knows better than to act up in school)hiring teachers that are willing to take things to another level(no offense to those that already are great as they are)but through my experience I've come across 2 out of 3 teachers which were not at all there and didn't really do their job. Now they changed the uniforms to white and wine. Why?

Posted May 18, 2009

Posted May 04, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009

Ps 192 Jacob H Schiff 5

Posted April 01, 2009

Ps 192 Jacob H Schiff 5

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted June 10, 2008
I have a chils in ps.192 and there has been a great improvement. My daughter has great teachers. The only thing that I have to say is that the children have to be a little more disciplined and taught by their parents that they have to treat others as they want to be treated. Feelings get hurt a lot because I have seen it myself and i DO NOT think that's fair to other children treat each other that way. But that comes from home not school.. The children also play too rough and the supervision is not that great at recess because i've seen it. Mrs. Pacheco is doing a great job and I thank her for that. She's great.

Posted April 18, 2008
The school is in desperate need of a complete major overhaul. I have been a parent there since 2001 and I have seen the changes so far the only thing that has changed has been faces but the fact remains it is still not parent friendly.

Ps 192 Jacob H Schiff
500 West 138th Street, New York, NY  10031
Last modified Ps 192 Jacob H Schiff is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 192 Jacob H Schiff Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top