Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are great at challenging the students that are advanced and helping those who need assistance!

The KG Teacher Ms. Pappas for the G and T program is superb. Perhaps one of the best there is. Teaches the kids with a very gentle but firm hand. Cannot say enough good things about her.

If you are looking into the G+T program, it is outstanding. The first grade G+T teacher was a 2014 Blackboard Award nominee. The Kindergarten G+T teacher exceeded our expectations as well. Besides the quality education my child is receiving, the PTA is great. Above all, the child loves the school!!!!

I had my reservations based on past reviews but when my child was accepted to the full-day preschool, I enrolled him. And, wow, this school blew my expectations out of the water! I was flabbergasted by the depth and diversity of what my child learned. His teacher was top-notch and the other parents cared about their children's development just as much as me. The enrichment programs (art, music, gym, media lab) are amazing. The administration is hands-on and nurturing and the PTA is blossoming. There were many opportunities to get involved and get to know the school, the staff and the fellow parents. My child loved going to school every day. He learned by leaps and bounds and I had absolutely no reservations when he was accepted into the school's gifted and talented program for kindergarten. As a testament to this school's strength, nearly all of my child's classmates will be attending PS 198 next year!

PS 198 G+T program is fantastic. The kindergarten teacher more than adequately prepared the kids for first grade. They were excellent readers and writers mid year. She was a fantastic teacher, as well as warm and nurturing. My child ran to school every day and was very excited to go to science class, art, and music as well. They have a great program there called PLAYWORKS, in which the coach teaches the kids games that help build self esteem at recess. The enrichments to the curriculum are wonderful. The PTA plans so many wonderful events for familes to enjoy. We are truly happy with the school!

PS198 is blossoming!!! My child is in Kindergarten and has progressed tremendously. Our neighbors have their children in a parochial school and he is doing the work infirst grade that my child is in Kindergarten. The Science teacher is phenomenal and really puts her all into teaching. The art teacher is very knowledgeable and has exposed the children to a variety of artists. Every single teacher and administrator takes their job seriosuly and gives 100 percent. The kids are all treated like family and the Principal takes the time out to greet the kids in the morning and will always take the time to speak with parents. The PTA is strong and plans plenty of activities throughout the year. My child loves her Yoga class and Music.

My son started Kindergarten this year and is BLOSSOMING. His teachers, the responsiveness of the administration and the overall school culture has exceeded my expectations. My son is reading and doing yoga and excited about his own learning. If you have reservations about this school based on past reviews, I suggest you take a school tour and talk to other parents.

School has a nice community of parents and children and excellent PTA. Really enjoying sending our child to 198 and pleased with the education our child is receiving.

We have been at 198 for two years and are extremely happy with the schools. Our teachers have been amazing. They really got to know our son and his abilities and targeted his learning to his skill level. He has absolutely thrived in the school. The PTA has really taken off this year and has done some amazing fund raising. The parental involvement has grown tremendously - which was very welcomed by the admin staff and the teachers. Overally - very happy with our experience at the school.

P.S. 198 is a great school, the staff is a caring group, wants to see all kids succeed, and go as far as they could, the administration staff cares for every child in the school, this is my second family member going there.

Last modified Ps 198 Isador E Ida Straus is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.