Posted November 23, 2014
My daughter attended SOF for Middle School and loved it so much that SOF was her only choice for HS. Small student body and small classes means everyone knows each other. Unlike our Elementary School, there is Zero Bullying tolerated here and no one is marginalized. Fabulous teachers, every one! I have not met one yet who wasn't highly imaginative, caring and dedicated professionals. Demanding curriculum but expectations/rules are made clear. Excellent focus on Writing & on Special Ed. I have found the HS principal to be fair and compassionate. We love this little school...makes learning fun!

Posted June 22, 2014
Great school if you are not Latino or of African American descent. Especially, if you do not have an household income below of $80,000.00. Minority boys don't exactly flourish here. The school will want to transfer them to City-as-School instead of finding a better way to help the child. Don't get me wrong, they do have very dedicated teachers here, but for how long? The school showers those students who are not minorities with so much accolades and acclimation. Proof was made during graduation. The majority of awards given to students during graduation ceremony was given to students of Caucasion or Asian descent. My daughter was so happy and relieved to graduate from this school. I pray that she is prepared for the University she will attend.

School Of The Future High School 4

Posted May 02, 2014
This is a great school. I have a son who went to Salk and loved it and I have a son at SOF and loves it. Despite what people say this is a traditional school. The teachers are very engaged and so is the principal. I have to say that you need to be prepared for at least 2-3 hours a night of homework. It is a very diverse student body both in nationalities and level of academics. there are kids who are super smart to kids who have been left back a few times I have to say that my son at SOF is much more prepared academically for high school then my son that went to Salk. I have to say the negative is administration. All in all great school!!! Best of all the school goes through high school. I have met many of the high school teachers and they all seem super involved and look like they genuinely like their jobs. Not sure my son will stay but it is a great option to have!

School Of The Future High School 3

Posted February 17, 2014
SOF is an interesting school. Honestly, the high school is much better than the middle school. Not only that, but its teachers are amazing, the most dedicated and inspiring people you will ever meet. SOF is not the most academically-rigorous school, but you are made to think critically and speak clearly of your opinions. However, many of the kids are unmotivated and live life by strolling through their classes with low grades. SOF overall, is a good school. Definitely not the best, but it is good. You will be more or less content here (if you are only here for the high school).

Posted February 17, 2014
School of the Future is a little off the radar but it is a gem. The teachers and the principal are the most creative and dedicated educators you will find anywhere, and seem to really care about each student. The study body is extremely diverse and small enough that there is a strong sense of community. It is a school that emphasizes critical thinking and writing over traditional test taking. The exhibitions the students do in 11th and 12th grade really prepare them for college-level work.

School Of The Future High School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
My two kids graduated from the school, they are now struggling in college - they were not prepared well in school.

Posted September 09, 2013
I am a sophomore student at SOF and on the first day of school, they have completely forgotten to transfer my student i.d. to the 10th grade on pupilpath (how can you forget a student??). Because of this, I had to go through so much trouble (And no student metro card?). They also raise the amount of class fees every year (Poor School?). Not to mention some teachers are rude and are restricted. It's a small crowded school and people are always pushing each other for the elevator and most of the time the elevator doesn't even work at all! Hello 10 floors of hell. Classrooms are very small and there is barely any space. Wish I went to Beacon or Lab.

Posted May 14, 2013
This school is great is you are female. The school used to be an all girls school way back when. The info is in the main lobby. I have witnessed girls behaving in les than respectful manner and their behavior is over looked by the principal and teachers. I feel for the parents of the boys who attend this school especially boys who are not Caucasian as they are not treated with them same understanding and their self esteem diminishes as each day passes. There are a few very few great male role models in the school but this school is really catered to girls no matter how you put it. Boys don't flourish here as much as the girls. It lacks understanding of the adolescent male mind. Hence the female principal (middle school). Enough said. If you have a boy DO NOT SEND HIM HERE EVER.........

Posted March 13, 2012
I went here. It has a great small personal community to it. The teachers and principal really care about your educational growth here and want to see you go off to college.

Posted September 09, 2011
Small class size, dedicated teachers and in depth study are the best features of this school. My son loves it and is highly motivated. I believe it is best for self starters and students interested in humanities.

School Of The Future High School
127 E 22nd St, New York, NY  10010
Last modified School Of The Future High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School Of The Future High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top