/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted October 04, 2014
My child just started freshman year at the NYC Museum school and is very happy. Caring and dedicated teachers who want to see all the children succeed. Modules on Wednesdays are a wonderful way for children to learn. Wednesday morning classes are followed by an afternoon out in the field to reinforce the lesson taught. Excellent opportunity children.

Posted September 24, 2014
NYC Museum school has great teachers and provides an interesting and excellent education. Students don't need 3 hours of homework, but they do need 1-2 hours of worthwhile homework each day. The homework at Museum school is thought provoking and prepares students for college. The teachers and administration work very hard and care for the students. The Wednesday trips are educational and teach life skills as well as academic. My son is lucky he got into NYC Museum.

Nyc Museum School 2

Posted July 17, 2011
School provides students insufficient education and does not prepare students for their futures. But, very safe and nice place. If you are hoping to get into an excellent college don't apply to this school.

Nyc Museum School 4

Posted April 18, 2011
My son seems very happy to attend this school..he is now in the 10th grade.

Posted November 07, 2009
All the teachers and students are very helpful and nice. I am a freshman and I like museum school. Its better than stuy or bronx science. At museum school we are a family.

Posted June 06, 2009
the teachers help you afterschool and sometimes on the weekends and if you need help they tell you in advance before you get your grades, the teachers are very friendly and are really nice to everyone. Teachers help with homework and usually stay afterschool for students who want to study for tests, they help you with your projects too. The students are extremely friendly and kind. The only bad thing is that I hardly see the princibal in the school

Nyc Museum School 4

Posted December 12, 2008
At NYC Museum School, sure the teachers may not give the kids a hour of homework everyday but they can relate to the teachers, and they understand what students need to improve on and what they are exceeding in. The teachers always know student's names by the second week of school. What makes this school a 'above average' school is the trip they go on every friday, they have fun but students always have work to do and learn about new things. Students have projects based on what they learned in the marking period and they learn great social skills.

Posted September 18, 2008
My child just started the ninth grade and I am horrified about the lack of homework given at this school. She is getting about 15 minutes a day and tells me the teachers are chit chating with the students all day. I am very concerned. I will be looking for another school.

Nyc Museum School 3

Posted March 13, 2008
This school has a terrible principle. Much like the student who wrote a few days ago, our current principle has driven away the best teachers this school will most likely ever see. 75% of our 10th grade class failed the earth science regents due to this principles hireing incapabilities. I fear my lack of education will effect me greatly when i leave for colleg. Of course getting no homeowrk is a students dream, until you get to about 10th or 11th grade and you realize your nightly work load (usually nonexistant) is not preparing you enough for your futue. I am very greatful to be tought by the great teachers i had when they still worked in the school, however it's saddening that many other classes will not have the same wonderful teachers as other did. However, this school's cericulum is very intersting. So I can't complain too much.

Nyc Museum School 3

Posted March 02, 2008
i have been attending museum for the past four years and im happy to say that im in my last. i have seen the school go through many changes and most for the worst. we never go on field trips. we barely go to the musuems anymore. the whole staff who knew about our modules and etc. have been replaced by teachers who are overwhelmed and do not seem to grasp the concept of modules.. the promising module that all seniors were suppossed to partake in at the south street seaport has been removed. all of the school spirit events {spirirt day, carnival, student/teacher bball games} have been elimnated. It's gotten really bad and it makes me sad.

333 West 17th Street, New York, NY  10011
Last modified Nyc Museum School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nyc Museum School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top