/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted May 05, 2014
Why on earth does this school have a 10 rating? Except for its physical appearance the true rating should be no more than 5. Leadership is poor, curriculum is poor, atmosphere is dull. So glad be won't be back next year.

Posted November 06, 2012
PS89 is a wonderful school. My oldest son is in 2nd grade and has been attending PS89 since kindergarten. My youngest is in Kindergarten there and has attended PS89 for Pre-K as well. Ronnie, the principal, knows every student by name and most parents too. She is kind, loving and respectful to them and those ethics shine in her teachers as well. Ronnie is very hands on and I always feel confident that she is on top of everything at the school. My husband and I feel very blessed and grateful that our children have the opportunity to attend PS89.

Posted May 25, 2011
My two children attended from pre K- 5th grade (my youngest still at 89) and have been very pleased with their years at PS89. It has a sense of home away from home in which they felt happy and safe going to school. They made the curriculum interesting for a young child to get excited about. They have truly created an enviroment for a child to get a love for learning!

Ps 89 4

Posted May 24, 2011
both my wife and i found p.s.89 to have well prepared and caring teachers. our daughter (our 2nd child to go thru nyc public schools) felt comfortable, enjoyed her teachers and classmates and improved academically. she also participated in an active arts and sports program. it is an all around good, neighborhood school.

Posted April 10, 2011
Horrible school with a horrible principal who hires impossibly bad teachers. Our child had 3 teachers who were hired at the school and lasted one year only.

Posted March 26, 2011
i go to this school and i absoulutley love it! it has some great programmes like the ballroom dancing program and also other fansastic events like potluck and talent shows. not just that but it has a great education proggram and pretty much all the teachers are awesome!!! i love this school and i dont want to graduate this year! :( ps. it also has amazing things like aabout 50 mac availible to every student and its alsoo really clean and the atmosphere is amazing!! i really recommend it! :D

Posted November 02, 2010
I graduated from PS 89 in 2008 and I have been here since kindergarten. It's a great school - the principal knows everyone's name and occasionally stops by each classroom. I've had a great time here and I have learned many new things. For example, in my 6 years here, I have went aboard a police boat, created a bookstore, went on an overnight trip, held a bakesale, and so much more. We have homework daily and you can approach the teachers or staff at any time if you need any help. Let me just say... this is the best school ever; you should definitely come here.

Posted August 16, 2010
We relocated to this school from Atlanta. While I felt less welcome to be involved in the classroom, I have to say that I absolutely found the teachers to be of the highest caliber. My son is very bright, but can be a slacker as he has dyslexia, yet his teachers managed to keep him engaged and encouraged his input, focusing on his abilities. The depth of research and study in the class has been amazing to see. I also found the satisfaction of the other parents in the class to be on par with my own, which does give me comfort that others feel the same way. When I see a review by a parent, where they slag off the school, I wonder what bar they are using to measure. Was that parent being objective? Have they had other experiences (not preschool)?

Posted April 27, 2010
This is an Academically poor school. We live right in the building above the school but we will not be sending our daughter back to P.S. 89 for the next school year. Our other disappointments with this school have been the lack of disipline and not much of a physical education program.

Ps 89 2

Posted December 18, 2009
Not the school we expected when we enrolled our children last year. It is hyped as one of the best but leaves much to be desired. The wacky Principal sets the stage for what tends to be a cold atmosphere. The school does have some good teachers if you are lucky enough to get one of those. There are good and bad teachers at all schools.

Ps 89
201 Warren Street, New York, NY  10282
Last modified Ps 89 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 89 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top