Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted June 05, 2015
Why can't Ms 104 teachers post the homework on Engrade like the rest of the world? Some do, most don't. Unfair and ridiculous.

Posted November 21, 2014
I am a student here in Simon Baruch and this is my last year in 2015. I love this school since we changed the principle into a new one. He is trying his best to lead this school. The teachers here are super nice and they try their best to help you guys prepare for the SHSAT,SATS, and the state test. Although the homework is not too much or too little, you would have homework every single day. The club activities are very interesting especially the tech crew, drama club which makes amazing plays by the drama teacher Mr. Ko. (A very funny drama teacher and very fun class.) My favorite 8th grade teacher is Ms. Banke, if u do see her you will automatically smile at her warmness. A very good SCHOOL!!

Posted September 16, 2014
I attended JHS 104 from when it first opened in may of 1956 until I graduated in June of 1959 and went on to graduate from the New York High School of Printing in 1962

Posted September 08, 2014
Seems from the posts the math continues to be horrible! My son went here 7 years ago.

Posted May 23, 2014
This is the worst school ever!!! My child was bullied when he first got there he got jump and none of the kids got in trouble. Now it is his last year and my son gets suspended for defending him self. My son went from being in the talented and gifted program to failing his all his classes. But if he played basketball they would have made sure he passed his classes. Why do you need to play ball for the school to actually get help?

Posted April 05, 2014
Simon Baruch Middle school is an excellent school with teachers who are experienced, professional and care.

Posted January 21, 2014
My daughter started here in 7th grade. She studied things she had previously studied at Epiphany but she was ok w/that. She was put in the SP program which we were happy abt. There are so many Asians at this school, it's amazing! I guess the Tiger moms want their kids in SP? Anyway, she's made lots of friends and is excelling. She struggles in math but the teacher is always there in the morning to tutor her. She hears "language" but it's the age I spose. Overall, she says she likes it and the kids don't fight and the teachers are really nice. The drama teacher plays favorites unfortunately but the Drama Dept. is a godsend considering most schools lack this. There is ample notice when my child is falling below the mark in grades. A letter is sent home promptly FOR AN 85! So I feel as a parent, the school is organized, good teachers who really care and sweet students.

Jhs 104 Simon Baruch 3

Posted December 31, 2013
MATH teachers are not helping students - MOST ARE FAILING. Beware of Math here. bad bad bad. No one helps kids in this subject and kids are failing. No one cares.

Jhs 104 Simon Baruch 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My child transferred to M.S 104 in the 7th grade. Overall it was a very good experience for both of us.I felt the parents I met in the PA were both welcoming and helpful. While my child has mentioned some fights in the school, fortunately she not been a victim. I feel the teachers were available to both of us when we reached out, emails were returned the same day. If my child or I requested additional help teachers responded positively. I think the principal is pretty amazing. I was surprised that she personally met with me when my child entered the school. I am surprised by the comment from the AA recent grad, that has not been our experience. Why only 4 stars? Five stars would mean they are perfect just the way they are an no school is perfect, but it has been a very good place for our family.

Posted August 14, 2013
I HATED Simon Baruch Middle School with every fiber of my being. I would give this school a 0 out 5 if I could but I have to give the school at least one star. I HATED IT SO MUCH. Everyone there is racist, fake and straight up mean. If you are Black, DO NOT go there. Even one there was mean to me and I was talked about behind my back. Also, the faculty will not help you. I was able to get into a good high school because my own persistence not because the teachers were great. A lot of them wouldn't even fill out my recommendation forms. The people there are so racist and A LOT of them DO NOT LIKE BLACK PEOPLE AND THEY THINK WE'RE ALL STUPID. So of course when I was in an SP class a lot of the people there were surprised that I got some of the best grades in the class. Going to Simon Baruch Middle School was the worst decision I have ever made in my whole life. I came to that school an innocent child and I left as a person who had experienced firsthand how cruel people can be. I am making it my mission to warn people about this school. But for many of the people who are already there, it is too late. However, if you still end up going to this school, remember to stay true to yourself

Jhs 104 Simon Baruch
330 E 21st St, New York, NY  10010
Last modified Jhs 104 Simon Baruch is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 104 Simon Baruch Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top