/ School Profile
New York, NY

Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson 5

Posted July 31, 2014
Hi, I attend the school currently and I have to say that the school is way more than just a school it's a family yes many children that attended the school were not successful graduates but thats because of them making the wrong choices I honestly love the school it's the best place to be all teachers are kind open hearted and I promise all they want is the best for us students and every DOE workers helping to faze out the school is out of there mind they think there just closing down a school but they are ending a great friendship among the whole school I'm only in 7th grade and I want to speak up just watching the staff leave little by little hurts me it's crazy how people that are suppose to care about our education is ending just like that the school taught me more than just math and ELA it taught me how to be a person in the world to find my voice and speak out and all I have to say is that they are extremely wrong for fazing the school out I went from grades 70's and 90's to 90's and 100's.THE BUILDING IS NOTHING IF WE ARE NOT THERE !!!!

Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson 0

Posted June 15, 2009
This school has some really good teachers and staff - however the Principal Mr. M leaves alot to be desired. I've had 2 kids go thru the school since he's principal - and although he may have some good ideas - he's not great at follow thru or motivating staff, students or parents. One of the biggest problems anyone can easily see upon entering this school is the lack of discipline and respect exhibited by the kids. It's not that they're bad kids, but there's no consistent follow thru on focusing on this issue by the principal. I think teachers and others in school want more help in getting the school where it belongs - but he focuses more on blaming others - and an inefficient operational style.

Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson 1

Posted March 13, 2009

Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson 5

Posted December 07, 2007
The staff at this school is committed to excellence. We provide a united force and we are providing our students with the best educational experience possible.

Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson 3

Posted October 30, 2007
- a administrator
I'm not a parent or a staff member of JHS 13 - however, I have been a regular visitor to this building over the past few months and strongly disagree with the person who wrote in claiming to be a teacher - in April, 07. This school - under the leadership of principal and support staff are working very hard to improve the school in every area mentioned. The staff - teaching, administration, support and office staff and PTA - overwhelmingly work so far hard on behalf of their students. Maybe instead of just negatively complaining - this individual should get him/herself involved in any of the numerous school improvement committees / activities going on. I've visited numerous schools in NYC & outside the city over the years & find the positive spirit in this building so very refreshing! I'm not an employee - just another very experienced educator!

Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson 4

Posted May 31, 2007

Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson 1

Posted April 04, 2007
Academically this is the worst functioning middle school I have ever worked in. Parental involvement is nil. Academics is not the core issue here, safety and discipline need to be first and foremost so that learning can take place.

Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson
1573 Madison Avenue, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 13 Jackie Robinson Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top