/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted December 21, 2009
good school & very great teachers.

Jhs 52 Inwood 3

Posted August 28, 2009
this year im fnally i a senior year of 2010. the teachers are great and there alot of extra things to do after school and the bad is awsome

Posted May 21, 2009
this school has lots of program that kids love and the teacher are excellent.

Posted March 20, 2009
this school is great fotr those who come looking for art and is also good because it isnpire you into things you never knew you can achieve.

Jhs 52 Inwood 4

Posted October 30, 2008
Hi.. I graduated 52 last year Class of Oh Eiight (2008) the schools great and the teachers are awsome Mr.Matos is the best the Principal is a great Principal we had good memories and bad ones too. But this school is great and the graduation and Prom were the best Ohh and Pasco too i wish i stayed in this school the programs and talents were great

Jhs 52 Inwood 4

Posted April 10, 2008
oikay...im a senior at i.s.52! so ill be graduating this year {hopefully} and who better 2 tell u bout is. 52 then a senior? i started in 6th grade. the teachers r nice...they want you 2 do ure best nd the princibal is man nice! he has so many things planned out for all grades and the talents are great. Band gets standing obations and the dance is awsome! the art programs are great aswell as ms. mc.Keon {cooking} awsome teachers at the skewl is great... from my point of view the students get along fine! love DR. FERNANDEZ! awsomest person ive ever met -Aimee- 8A4 BAY-BEE! class of 2008

Posted November 24, 2007
This is an excellent school where the teachers greet us in an orderly mannered way. The school has given me a lot of things to think about including my future. They have prepared the students including myself to great performances including dance, drama, band, culinary arts, visual arts, and portfolio art.

Jhs 52 Inwood 3

Posted October 08, 2004
My son just started 5th grade in the alpha program at IS 52.This is a gifted program. I consider that the amount of homework my son is getting does not meet the corroborate with the name 'gifted'. Teachers should demand more effort from the students. The academic of this program should be more advanced than a regular fith grade class. I do not think that the academics is good enough to prepare them for the citywide math and reading tests. I am trying to speak with the people in charge of the program to see how the academics can be improved. I understand that they are trying to work on the discipline and behavior.The school has had a long term history of bad conduct, however, the academics has to be pushed and students should have more homework. More parents should know about this website so they can present their ideas.

Posted June 02, 2003
I'm actually not a parent. I attended this school last year. I was in the ALpha program which is for studenst who are gifted (smart). The school has many extracurricular activities. There is: Dance, Chorus,a great String program (in which I was headmistress of), there is also commuity service that can be done on Saturdays and the school is a meeeting hall for the community in the afternoon and on weekends.

650 Academy Street, New York, NY  10034
Last modified Jhs 52 Inwood is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 52 Inwood Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top