/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted April 06, 2015
I'm one of the original students from grades 4-8 that graduated in 1989 from Mott Hall on the original campus at City College. This school has always promoted high academic standards the 1st week I attended I had ~2hrs of homework each night in the 4th grade. This is great prep for college the core of this schools curriculum is Science, Math and Technology and it's focus should remain so I graded as salutatorian of my 8th grade class at Mott Hall and my H.S. in SC when my family moved and did very good in college. I am a Senior Accountant at one of the largest MGA/insurance brokers on the East Coast and it has done with the foundation I achieved at Mott Hall. All those complaining about the hard work it really pays off.

The Mott Hall School 4

Posted June 20, 2014
Under a new principal, the school is beginning to move in the right direction. Good teachers. I am glad my son is going to the 7th grade in that school.

The Mott Hall School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
I currently attend this school i am in seventh grade and this is a great school but the only two things is that since its a small school there is only lockers for only 7 and 8 graders and they give summer homework

The Mott Hall School 1

Posted June 26, 2013
This school is horrible the principle had no leadership promotes harassment and bullying. She has brought many issues to the school and doesn't deserves to be principal.she has gotten rid if all the good teachers the students respect love cherish .

The Mott Hall School 1

Posted October 15, 2012
I go to this school it is my last year here and i just want to say the school is not what it is put up to be many of the teachers are rude to the students and the two vice principal always scream at you just for using the bathroom before you go to the lunch room and a teacher had called me a jerk. This school is good education they have no sports

Posted June 25, 2011
I attend this school and even though they give a lot of homework, this school is amazing. This school is like my second family, because since the school is so small, everyone knows each other. You could wave at some random person in the school, and they would wave back and smile because they're just that friendly. We welcome everyone and we grow together. We might not have much money, but we don't need it to have fun and do what we need to do.

Posted October 09, 2010
Good school but they cut the budget and the kids do not get sports activities.

The Mott Hall School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
I recently graduated from MHS this year. I went to this school for 5 years, from to 8th grade & was miserable the whole way through. I have few positive thngs say about this school. Because the student body is so small, you do build strong endships & thats great. This school is good in the field of academics but not good anything else. They overload you with homework, crazy deadlines & too many ojects all at the same time. The current dean is very disrespectful- she yells at the dents at the top of her lungs with a bullhorn. NO STUDENT WANTS TO BE IN AN VIRONMENT LIKE THIS. A certain math teacher also gives detention for the ORST reasons. If you are walking too slow in the hallway, he will give you tention. Many of the teachers have bad attitudes. Plz dont send ur kid here!

Posted November 12, 2009
I am an actual student at Mott Hall and I think that the school has done pretty good on their low budget cut. However, they must include more athletics becuase we are really falling behind in P.E. Great Job Ms. Arndt

Posted March 26, 2009
I'm graduating this year. And I love MHS! I have learned so much an dhave had fun over the past years I will truly miss it and all of the people. Although they should fix the building but apart from that its an awesome school.

The Mott Hall School
71 Convent Avenue, New York, NY  10027
Last modified The Mott Hall School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Mott Hall School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top