Bad
Good

My son is currently in 12th grade at MCSM. The school is truly excellent and has helped him to fully unfold his potential. The administration cares a lot about the students and the teachers are great and very dedicated. Many teachers spend long hours after school coaching the numerous extracurricular activities such as the Robotics and the Greenhouse Club. It is a great school that I can highly recommend.

i think it can be best school.and good school has good things.if i go to good school i may bceome smart student.also i may get smart student.because i want to be smart person.

My Son is new to the school he was a transfer from another school. he's a 10th grader and he is doing so much better in this school . His global class he's received first marking period a 96%, geometry 88% and hie loves his chemistry class he feels his chemistry teacher is like the smartest person he knows. its just awesome to see him doing so well

It is a good school. the school can be lot better if school administration (especially principal) and some stabborn teachers can forget their personal grivences and work for the students. Parents participation is also very low - especially fathers! there were hardly any father present in PTA meetings for the last 4 years i was associated with the PTA. presence of students very much needed especially in SLT(school leadership team) meetings and they must have an opportunity to express their problems/solutions without fear of repercussion! this school has lots of potential please try to keep it up.

It's average. Way too many students. Some of the teachers are really good, while others are just waiting until their retirement comes up.

I went to this school it was called Benjamin Franklin , I am 61 now, I still miss the old neighbor hood and my teachers and just being in school and being young again wow dont I wish

I attended this Highschool . It was called Benjamin Franklin HS. I managed to get through College and medical school, and attended law school. Typical PR hispanic boy. Went through the USAF and retired. I learned a great deal here. There was only one problem that I remember; bad kids in classes who should be in jail, not in school. Thank God, back then there was tracking....

Manhattan Center is a great school because it offers many opportunites which when used effectively can result in a great High School career. However, this school is overcrowded and that issue does extend on to the staff and the student who sturggle to strech out limited resources. The area is also not very good, but the school does attempt to make the school as safe as possible. Overall, in my personal opinion and experience, Manhattan Center is a great school for fostering a good education to those students who desire to be successful and who put in the effort.

I now have three children attending this school now. I have one senior, one freshman and one in the middle. This year I have seen a notable drop in school quality and student s altitudes. Some great programs are disappearing and some cut down. The student body is starting to appear as average. My oldest child use to have a great summer selecting from programs to volunteer ant the hospitals to attending CCNY classes. Some teachers these days have the opinion of more homework rules over better quality homework. My kids were overwhelmed with homework during this past Spring-break. There are more and more crazy project deadlines and unreasonable workload. So now my children are overworked and have to deal with lower standards in student body. I changed my previous rating from 4/5 stars to 3/5 stars.

I love MCSM. My parents wantedme to transfer out of the school before they learned anything about it. Now they regret the decision, and so do I. I want to stay there. The staff are incredible. The principle and deans are strict but cool. I love my guidance councler. I love Manhattan Center!

Last modified Manhattan Center for Science & Mathematics is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.