Posted October 12, 2014
My Son is new to the school he was a transfer from another school. he's a 10th grader and he is doing so much better in this school . His global class he's received first marking period a 96%, geometry 88% and hie loves his chemistry class he feels his chemistry teacher is like the smartest person he knows. its just awesome to see him doing so well

Posted October 18, 2013
It is a good school. the school can be lot better if school administration (especially principal) and some stabborn teachers can forget their personal grivences and work for the students. Parents participation is also very low - especially fathers! there were hardly any father present in PTA meetings for the last 4 years i was associated with the PTA. presence of students very much needed especially in SLT(school leadership team) meetings and they must have an opportunity to express their problems/solutions without fear of repercussion! this school has lots of potential please try to keep it up.

Manhattan Center for Science & Mathematics 3

Posted November 24, 2012
It's average. Way too many students. Some of the teachers are really good, while others are just waiting until their retirement comes up.

Posted March 22, 2011
I went to this school it was called Benjamin Franklin , I am 61 now, I still miss the old neighbor hood and my teachers and just being in school and being young again wow dont I wish

Posted February 20, 2011
I attended this Highschool . It was called Benjamin Franklin HS. I managed to get through College and medical school, and attended law school. Typical PR hispanic boy. Went through the USAF and retired. I learned a great deal here. There was only one problem that I remember; bad kids in classes who should be in jail, not in school. Thank God, back then there was tracking....

Manhattan Center for Science & Mathematics 3

Posted April 14, 2010
I now have three children attending this school now. I have one senior, one freshman and one in the middle. This year I have seen a notable drop in school quality and student s altitudes. Some great programs are disappearing and some cut down. The student body is starting to appear as average. My oldest child use to have a great summer selecting from programs to volunteer ant the hospitals to attending CCNY classes. Some teachers these days have the opinion of more homework rules over better quality homework. My kids were overwhelmed with homework during this past Spring-break. There are more and more crazy project deadlines and unreasonable workload. So now my children are overworked and have to deal with lower standards in student body. I changed my previous rating from 4/5 stars to 3/5 stars.

Posted April 11, 2010

Posted March 30, 2010
I love MCSM. My parents wantedme to transfer out of the school before they learned anything about it. Now they regret the decision, and so do I. I want to stay there. The staff are incredible. The principle and deans are strict but cool. I love my guidance councler. I love Manhattan Center!

Posted February 25, 2010

Manhattan Center for Science & Mathematics 1

Posted November 04, 2009

Manhattan Center for Science & Mathematics
260 Pleasant Ave, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Manhattan Center for Science & Mathematics is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manhattan Center for Science & Mathematics Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top