/ School Profile

Ps 175 Henry H Garnet 5

Posted December 06, 2009

Posted May 02, 2009
This is my child's 2nd full year in this school. I've watch this school go through growing pains and a new administration in Ms. McClendon. I am happy with the progress that I see the school making. The security staff always have a smile on their face. The secretaries are great. I love my daughters teachers in Ms. Miles and Ms. Yunie. If I had my way my child would be in their class until she leaces P.S. 175. Now if the parents association would step up their game then we would be one of the best school in the district.

Posted April 29, 2009
The moment I stepped into P.S.175, I loved the reception that I got from the security to the parent coordinator. The principal is awesome, and her office staff is great. Kudos to Ms. Hardy, she has a wonderful personality. My daughter's Pre-K teachers Ms. Diaz & Ms. Pajamps are wonderful and extremely helpful. I see great improvement in my daughter's developmental skills.

Ps 175 Henry H Garnet 3

Posted September 03, 2008
This school could really be great if the administration stepped up its game. There are some great teachers that really motivate our children and make them want to learn and acheive greatness. But the adminstration lacks in planning and efficiency. They are organized and it takes th parents to get the ball rolling often on things that the adminstration should be leading.

Ps 175 Henry H Garnet 0

Posted September 11, 2007
My daughter came to this school in April 2007 after transfering from a Charter School. What a great improvement in terms of parent friendly Principal, Office Staff, School Base Suppport Team and Ms. Tatiana the School Based Parent Coordinator, I find that when I have questions and not sure what to do, I can always approach her in the morning, she is always the first face I see next to Security every morning. This will be my daughters first year in P.S. 175, I am very hopeful that this school year experience will be much better then last years. I want to thank the staff for making it such a smooth transition for my family. Submitted by: Eula M. Young, parent of 2nd grader

Ps 175 Henry H Garnet 5

Posted September 10, 2007
Great involvement between staff members and parents. Keep up the good work. Kudos to Ms. Tatiana

Posted October 05, 2006
This is my 2nd grader's 2nd year in PS 175 and Principal Foster is the best. She has made great strides in turning this school around from the prior leadership. The staff is kind and encouraging and the parent teacher coordinator Ms. Tatiana is right on point with adressing the needs. The school lacks security in certain places like the perimeter and stairwell, but is overall a good school.

Ps 175 Henry H Garnet 3

Posted July 08, 2004
The information that you have on the site is from 2002, therefore, you do not have the wonderful progress that our students have made on the state exams. The schools environment has improved dramatically this past year thanks in large part to the new parent coordinator Tatiana Sampson. My child has been in the building for over 6 years and she is graduating this semester. She has done well academically thanks to the great teachers that Ms. Foster the principal has.

Ps 175 Henry H Garnet
175 West 134th Street, New York, NY  10030
Last modified Ps 175 Henry H Garnet is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 175 Henry H Garnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top