PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The Sacred Heart School is a wonderful environment for children to learn and grow due to a large extent to the Principal Mr. Morano. A gifted and wise educationalist his ability to value and encourage each pupil is an inspiration. He is a credit to Catholic education and his method's will inspire children long after they leave the classroom. I will always be eternally grateful for the head start this school and Mr. Morano has given to my own children. A brilliant head teacher!

My 4 year old daughter was having a hard adjusting to UPK so I decided to change her school and enrolled her at Sacred Heart of Jesus School and from day one she loved it! As a parent you care for your kids safety and you get that as soon as you arrive since you have to be buzzed in to enter the school. Than the enthusiastic greeting from the front office to the morning greetings from the teachers. Her teacher Ms. Christina was very loving and sweet that she immediately felt welcomed and stayed. Then when I picked my daughter up on the first day, she was happy and stated that she liles her new school. Now she even says she loves her school. Every morning she wakes up looking forward to going to school. Also, the school keep the parents informed from sending weekly letters by te school and teachers. The school also offers opportunities for parents to volunteer and for kids to be able to participate in weekly activities. I just love that we feel welcomed at school and that my daughter can feel its like home.

SHJS is a wonderful school! The principle is very engaged with the students and the parents. She is very smart and sharp! This school has made great improvements since she came on board a few years ago. The teachers at Sacred Heart really care about the children and they challenge them academically on a daily basis. However, the children appreciate the challenge and enjoy learning rather than see it as a burden. How many schools do you know who can pull that off? My son loves SHJS and his Dad and I do too. Class sizes are smaller than in neighboring schools and the school staff knows all the kids by first name. It an amazing learning community and I am blessed that my child is a part of it.

As a former student, I am shocked at the positive reviews. When I attended the teachers were horrible and rarely, if ever, actually taught. And I'm 100% certain that almost every teacher working there now was there when I attended. The teachers have no idea how to take control of their students and they have no idea how to properly discipline. The building itself was always infested with rodents and other pests. I wouldn't give this school any stars, but apparently you have to.

My children have just started their third year at this school and we continue to be happy with our decision to enroll them here. Our children enjoy going to school and are developing a great sense of respect towards others and a wonderful sense of ethics. Although the extra-curricular activities are lacking, the Principal is always eager to make changes necessary to provide a better quality of well-rounded education for the children. I would highly recommend this school to parents who wish to have their children continously challenged in their academic life.

I left Holy Cross and enrolled my children into Sacred Heart. It was a hard decision at first considering I loved the teachers at holy Cross. But It was the best decision I made. The work is a bit harder but they are doing well. The ladies that work in the office are great. The Prinicipal is great as well. I feel that my children are safe while at school.

Sacred Heart of Jesus School (SHJS) is a wonderful school with a safe and nurturing environment. The academics are rigorous compared to public school and the students appear to take pleasure in learning. The teachers, staff and the Principal Ms. Beale, are very committed to the school and care about each student. Mrs. Beale is supportive and can usually resolve any school and/or student related issue and the teachers are supportive and communicative as well. Our child is a second grader and has been at SHJS for two years. He continues to excel in his academic subjects and is developing into a more confident and respectful individual. Due to financial problems stemming from the current economic crisis, we recently withdrew our child and enrolled him in public school. Our child did not adjust well - he missed the nurturing atmosphere, the challenging academics as well as friends, teachers and everyone at SHJS. Mrs. Beale and SHJS worked with our situation and welcomed our child back warmly and our child is delighted to be back. SHJS is amazing --we highly recommend this school!

I have two children attending this school. This is their third year. Both have excelled in respect and grades. The school makes sure to let you know each time issues arise. As a single working mother I am a complete ease knowing each day both my kids will be respected, taught and taken care of by excellent staff. I highly recommend it to any parent trying to get back into working full time with a pre-k age child.

My son graduated last year from SHJS. I am very satisffied with the education he received. Now he is a First Honor student at La Salle Academy. The Principal and staff really care about each student. I recommend this school highly.

I am a new parent to a PreK-4 student for 2008-2009. The principal, Mrs. Beale, is wonderful. She definately makes time for parents and works hard to ensure the educational experience is stellar. Initially, there were a few minor 'hiccups' in the beginning of the year that concerend me, but once I managed my expectations differently, I am more relaxed and happy. My son is doing extremely well and so far, there are no problems. I've established an excellent communication system with the new teacher and assistant teacher. Therefore, I would recommend this school for the PreK levels, for I cannot comment on the upper grades.

Last modified Sacred Heart Of Jesus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8