PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

St. Mark's is a great school that promotes values and develops character. The curriculum for Kindergarten is great! But, Mrs. Gordon is GREATER! The way her and Ms. Levie engage the students and encourage them to be better human beings is exceptional. They are attentive and communicate well with parents. I also love the fact that Mr. Allen the Principal knows all of the kids by name. Yes, St. Mark's is a good choice.

My daughter is currently in Pre-k4 and she's already reading, adding and subtracting! She's doing exceptionally well! Mrs. Kelly is awesome! She's caring, attentive and super passionate about her job, or better yet; her babies as she often refers to them. True to her word, my daughter has become very independent and not only is she learning new things but she's understanding the concepts as well. I'm very pleased with her pre-k experience. Mrs. Kelly is the best, hands down!!!

Excellent Pre-School education. My daughter attended Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 and at the end of Pre-K4 she is reading simple books, doing basic addition, subtraction. She also learnt values on being a good human. Teachers, Ms. Kelly, Ms. Gillian, Ms. Denise, Ms. Allison are very loving and caring and pay great attention to students. This school is a hidden gem in harlem.

Great school. New principle is excellent with kids. My daughter went to this school a few years back and I didn't like the old principle. She didn't seem to care about the kids future. Once she left I put I her back in. She has come a long way thanks to the staff at St.marks.

My Daughter has been in this school since she was 3 yrs. LOVE the teacher to parent relationship. Excellent teachers, I love Love what the new principal has brought, may he continue to have such a stron will power to help our children. cant wait for my son to start his education there.

My son and my daughter have attended St. Mark the Evangelist since Pre-K 3. They are now in first and second grade and I have been impressed with the St. Mark the Evangelist faculty and how they are pushing the envelope academically. I'm a public school teacher and I see how the St. Mark the Evangelist faculty have been teaching above the new Common Core Standards before they were implemented. In comparison to public schools, both of my children have been performing one full year to two years above grade level at St. Mark the Evangelist. I'm not only impressed with how the faculty pushes the envelope academically, but my husband and I appreciate the sense of family and community at St. Mark the Evangelist. My children feel loved and safe at school. My husband and I are proud to say that our children attend St. Mark the Evangelist and we would recommend St. Mark the Evangelist to other families that want a faculty that pushes the envelope academically while providing a nurturing environment.

I am more than impressed with St. Mark's! My daughter is in Kindergaten and I cannot praise Mrs. Gordon enough! I am pleased with the curriculum, the staff, and the new principal. Everyone is friendly and warm and my daughter is being taught moral values that we reinforce at home. Even the older students demonstrate manners with both parents and the school staff. I satisfied with my choice to send her here; even after others warned me that I should strongly consider the charter schools. I am glad that I trusted my own instincts.

St. Marks needs to make changes to the curriculumn, some teachers, and most importantly the support staff(teachers aides) alot of them are under qualified and do not know how to interact with the children. Hopefully the new Principal will see these problems and fix them sooner than later.

St. Marks offers a warm and friendly environment for the children to feel loved and secure. My son has been in St. Marks since Pre-3 and he's now in the 6th grade. St. Marks communicates weekly with the parents so you know how your child is doing on an ongoing basis. There is a new Principal who started last year by the name of Mr. Allen and impressed is an understatement of what I ve seen him accomplish in that year. Educationally the school is growing in the right direction. Mr. Allen has partnered up with various organization and brought various extracurricular activities to the school such, as ball-room dancing, piano and chess just to name a few.

My son successfully completed Third Grade! He was a new student to St. Marks. He is now looking fdw to a following year and so am I. I love the progress in his reading. The Principal and staff are all very supportive making me and my son welcomed into this new educational family.

Last modified St Mark The Evangelist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8