/ School Profile

St Rose Of Lima School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
My kids attended this school since kindergarten. The reason I kept them in this school is because Is close to where we live and my kids can walk there. This school was great when my kids started, but than a new Principal was hired and everything changed. The principal Lacks professionalism and teachers have been in and out of that School. Students talk about how their teacher curse in the classroom. Teachers are now texting when they're suppose to be teaching. Students are being challenged less because of the lack of class work and homework they receive. Not enough Information is being introduced to put children.

St Rose Of Lima School 2

Posted April 13, 2014
I am currently enrolled in St. Rose of Lima and I don't like my school. The school lacks in extracurricular activities and the school doesn't challenge you. It's not a bad school, but it's not an excellent one either.

Posted September 24, 2013
Great School & Teachers! My daughter was in Pre K 3 last year and everyone has notice tremendously how much she has learned in only a year(Thank you Ms. Betty and Ms. Yolanda!). I love how they motivate and challenge our little ones. Even though most might think Pre k might not be all that challenging, it s curriculum is very structured yet nurturing and is paving the way for her to excel if the future. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 09, 2010
There is so much to say about St. Rose of Lima School, I am utterly blessed being able to be apart of the school's memory. I've attended the school since Pre-K and graduated on June 13, 2008 and I can tell you there is no place like St. Rose that is my second home where I grew up to become who I am today the teachers show their effort and determination in making students understand things in a better prespective. In St. Rose I became wiser and now I make better decesions, if there is any school parents want to send their child too it should be St. Rose, and i want to thank Mr. & Mrs. Lopez, Ms.Lopez, Mrs. Grant, Ms. Diaz, Mrs. Kwan, Mr. Cynthia, Ms. Joyce, ms. Spinks, Mr. Majeed, as well as Mr. Alvarez for all their hardwork God Bless.

Posted June 20, 2009
Being in this school has really shown me a lot. Ive been here since 6th grade and i have learned to love this school. I met many friends here which helped me become a better person. I will really miss st.rose and there teachers.I will never forget them because without them i wouldn't have been able to succeed. I will my my classmates and i love them a lot. class of 2009 will never be forgotten -Y.V (class of 2009)

Posted May 27, 2009
Being in this school for so long since Pre-K, I saw all the changes it has undergone. At one point I disliked St.Rose a lot but there were many reason to love it like my friends and teachers. I gained a lot of friends in St.Rose and I'm glad to graduate with all of them. They have become like family to me. I love them dearly and I don't know how I'm going to deal next year being without them. I love all of my teachers. All of my teachers put a lot of effort to teach the students. The school has made me what I am and I'm glad to graduate from a school like St.Rose of Lima. I will miss the school a lot. To all my classmates: I love you all and never forget the times we had in St.Rose of Lima together. -A.C. Class of 2009

Posted May 03, 2009
i am ready to graduate this year from St.Rose of Lima School i can say alot from my part of the school because ive been enrolled in St. Rose since first grade. I can say it has change so much during these past few years looking back at all the trouble the school has gone though its so worth it to look at the school ,my teachers and best friends and smile. I now stand strong and proud of my self for what i have achieved during these years and i am going to miss St.Rose so much , all i can say to the parents that do want to put there children in this school it is worth every penny of it .I love my teacher shes the best and i know she puts alot of effort in helping us thank you for everything Miss Lopez :]

Posted March 12, 2009
I feel that St. Rose of Lima School is a much better place this year than it has been in the last ten years. The students are happy and motivated to do well. The teachers are happy and are a pleasure to work with. I am delighted that my child is having a wonderful year. She comes home happy and smiling every night. I would not change the new prinicpal for anything else in the world. She is the best!

Posted February 02, 2009
So many parents want the former principal back. This new one is nasty to parents, students don't like her and the teachers don't look happy

Posted December 13, 2008
I can't say that there has been a lot of consistancy in the school. Sadly, the old principal of St. Rose retired, bring in the new principal whom has confused and disapointed the vast majority of us. Teachers range from apathetic to astounding, depending on the person you're talking about. The upper grades this year are doing far better than they ever have, with three teachers in place who actually teach--challenging the students, as opposed to simply passing them as many of the other teachers in the school do. I'm happy in some ways I've kept my child there. The teachers she has are doing their best--and my child is happy with them.

St Rose Of Lima School
517 West 164th Street, New York, NY  10032
Last modified St Rose Of Lima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Rose Of Lima School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top