/ School Profile

Posted April 29, 2014
this school has the best science department, if you have DR. Kumar, you'll be great, he is an excellent teacher.

Posted November 13, 2013
I'm a Senior at St. Vincent Ferrer, and i absolutley love it. This school is made for girls who want to succeed in life, not just succeeding in memorizing notes to pass a class. The work is challenging and in no way an "easy A". Homework, as mentioned in a previous comment, can sometimes be demanding, but it's not overwhelming. Another great thing concerning homework and study, is that classes are set up so that there is a rotating schedule of assigned testing days each subject has. i've never had more than two tests in a day, nor has any girl here at Ferrer. I've taken both Honors and AP classes, and i must say i've never felt like school work was the only thing on my mind 24/7, I mean, there are 5 sports teams and 27 clubs, something's always hopping at Ferrer!

Posted October 20, 2013
Saint Vincent Ferrer is an incredible school. Teachers are amazing-the science program has to be one of the best in the city! The Pricipal is a leader who creates a community that includes everyone. Bullying is not tolerated and respect for others is always mention by the school administration. School is safe as could be and is in a gorgeous area of Manhattan. I was impressed with the school getting involved with a sister school in Africa. The school building is spacious, with a new gym, smart boards, computers, and always being maintained and improved. Each year the girls go on trips all over the world and my daughter has come back with a much broader perspective! My daughter is a happy kid whose friends actually say hello when they see me. If you want your child to be in a friendly, SAFE school that cares about others and teaches the girls that success is through education-Saint VIncent Ferrer is the place.

Posted June 13, 2013
This school is amazing! I am attending Saint Vincent Ferrer and I love it. There are so many clubs, sports, and activities. The teachers are very nice. Your daughter would be very happy at SVF

Posted June 12, 2013
This school is very excellent in the academic level. I am a student who is attending St. Vincent Ferrer and I have to say it is quite amazing how the students interact with each other. It has a very nice atmosphere. I truly believe if you are thinking of putting your daughter in a very good academic private high school choose SVF.

Posted October 05, 2012
I've heard numerous comments about this school, and 99% of has been more than pleasing. One thing I'm worried about is if there is a lot of homework for the student? Too much homework isn't healthy at all!

Posted November 30, 2011
St Vincent Ferrer is one of the most outstanding schools in NYC--and probably the best school for girls. The faculty credentials are superb, the students are happy, the parents are involved, and the school building is large, clean, absolutely up to date and has the latest in technology. The size (just under 500) makes for a warm, inviting community sense. The girls gave over 20,000 in volunteer hours to the community last year alone. Once you visit, you realize that all that I've written is true! Each year Ferrer becomes more well known in New York. Their tuition is almost reasonable, and you get back twice what you pay. If you're a smart girl, the Scholars Program will give you a great challenge and you'll get into some of the best schools in the country. It's the best kept secret in New York--but more than 1400 people attended Open House in October

Posted April 26, 2011
The teachers with their various personalities and teaching methods provide engaging classes. I'm enjoying each of my classes and thriving due to the patience and support from both my friends and teachers. While visiting other high schools I found that some of them were too dark and dreary which left the impression of a sort of prison. The building itself is spacious and has large windows that lets in lots of light into the classrooms and hallways. The school has a bright and friendly atmosphere that I'm glad to be in each time I make my way to class. A few examples of the numerous clubs include the debate team, volleyball team, school newspaper, global concerns, pilates, french club, and track. -One of the reviews mentions students breaking lockers to steal coats and there being a high presence of drugs. If other students are going into another student's locker then it's only because their friend gave them their combination to borrow textbooks or notes. I haven't heard of any incident in which students are breaking into lockers to steal other people's coats. Each high school has a few troubled teens but St. Vincent is definitely not a school that has a high presence of drugs.

Posted July 23, 2009
I'm a student at Ferrer and I've loved every minute of my time here! SVF's the kind of school that's got the whole package: teachers who are actually interested in what they're teaching, girls who come from all walks of life, and an environment that encourages learning. It's the kind of school where nobody goes home as soon as the bell rings: they stay after to participate in clubs or work on group projects (in fact, a lot of the time, the teachers have to chase us down and tell us to go home in the evenings!) Definitely worth a visit -- you won't regret it.

St Vincent Ferrer High School 1

Posted July 03, 2009

St Vincent Ferrer High School
151 East 65th Street, New York, NY  10065
Last modified St Vincent Ferrer High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Vincent Ferrer High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top