/ School Profile
New York, NY

St Vincent Ferrer High School 2

Posted May 17, 2015
So far my daughter and I are so disappointed with the school and some of the faculty. This school came highly recommended and we were so excited that she was going there but that has changed. Let me start by stating that my daughter is no stranger to the catholic school system. She has attended since kindergarten but since coming here her views have changed a bit. She doesn't feel supported is willing to travel to a school father away with hopes of getting better support and a better phys Ed program. Also I find there is no effort from the teachers or the principal to support the freshman (I'm trying to be general in hopes that my daughter isn't being picked on). And that's only one issue. There are many more limitations unfortunately. Favoritism is rampant unfortunately. The academics are decent but teaching styles are not always great; they do offer after school help for some subjects which is good. They also don't alway have room in the honors classes for all eligible students so a student may miss out on the opportunity to be challenged which I feel is unfair. In my opinion this is not a great school. It's just an ok one. We are again, very disappointed.

St Vincent Ferrer High School 2

Posted April 19, 2015
I'm a parent to a freshman, who is apart of the class of 2018. I have another daughter who is a senior this year who will be graduating in the next month. To be completely honest I was so happy with this school when my daughter who is a senior, was first starting out. Now that my other daughter is a freshman this school has definitely degraded and the students are held on a standard if they are a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior. I would expect that from a public school not from a catholic school. Everything is a double standard and the rules for one have become more strict and a lot more ridiculous. The students are not heard and not listened to and neither are the parents. If you want to deal with the aggravation go ahead and send your daughter here. I wouldn't recommend it. My daughter who is a freshman gets at least four hours of homework and is in no honors classes.

St Vincent Ferrer High School 3

Posted February 07, 2015
They have an extremely high admission deposit of $1,000.00 to hold a spot for your daughter in the freshman class. Make sure your daughter is going to attend this school. If you and your daughter decide that she will attend and go to another high school, this money will NOT be returned!

Posted February 07, 2015
As a freshman and part of the Class of 2018, I have waited until the second semester to write a full review. I can honestly say that this school is way better than I had imagined. I take honors classes and an advanced language course. Academically I will not say I'm being challenged to where I cannot handle it, I have always been a very good student. The load of the work, however is very heavy. You must study and do your homework to understand what you are doing in class, the teachers (at least the honor classes) will not spoon feed you the material. If you're not a studious and well balanced I do not suggest you attend this school. You have many chances to make friends, become integrated in a club, and have a social life. The only downside would be that there aren't many healthy choices for snacks or lunch, its usually fried things or very oily. There are salads and yogurts available, but no one would reach for that when you have delicious muffins and cookies available. If you rather not learn go to another school, Cathedral is nearby. If you want to be more socially active go to another school, like Notre Dame.

Posted April 29, 2014
this school has the best science department, if you have DR. Kumar, you'll be great, he is an excellent teacher.

Posted November 13, 2013
I'm a Senior at St. Vincent Ferrer, and i absolutley love it. This school is made for girls who want to succeed in life, not just succeeding in memorizing notes to pass a class. The work is challenging and in no way an "easy A". Homework, as mentioned in a previous comment, can sometimes be demanding, but it's not overwhelming. Another great thing concerning homework and study, is that classes are set up so that there is a rotating schedule of assigned testing days each subject has. i've never had more than two tests in a day, nor has any girl here at Ferrer. I've taken both Honors and AP classes, and i must say i've never felt like school work was the only thing on my mind 24/7, I mean, there are 5 sports teams and 27 clubs, something's always hopping at Ferrer!

Posted October 20, 2013
Saint Vincent Ferrer is an incredible school. Teachers are amazing-the science program has to be one of the best in the city! The Pricipal is a leader who creates a community that includes everyone. Bullying is not tolerated and respect for others is always mention by the school administration. School is safe as could be and is in a gorgeous area of Manhattan. I was impressed with the school getting involved with a sister school in Africa. The school building is spacious, with a new gym, smart boards, computers, and always being maintained and improved. Each year the girls go on trips all over the world and my daughter has come back with a much broader perspective! My daughter is a happy kid whose friends actually say hello when they see me. If you want your child to be in a friendly, SAFE school that cares about others and teaches the girls that success is through education-Saint VIncent Ferrer is the place.

Posted June 13, 2013
This school is amazing! I am attending Saint Vincent Ferrer and I love it. There are so many clubs, sports, and activities. The teachers are very nice. Your daughter would be very happy at SVF

Posted June 12, 2013
This school is very excellent in the academic level. I am a student who is attending St. Vincent Ferrer and I have to say it is quite amazing how the students interact with each other. It has a very nice atmosphere. I truly believe if you are thinking of putting your daughter in a very good academic private high school choose SVF.

Posted October 05, 2012
I've heard numerous comments about this school, and 99% of has been more than pleasing. One thing I'm worried about is if there is a lot of homework for the student? Too much homework isn't healthy at all!

St Vincent Ferrer High School
151 East 65th Street, New York, NY  10065
Last modified St Vincent Ferrer High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Vincent Ferrer High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top