/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted March 13, 2015
This school's responsive, loving approach helped my child immensely. He was failing in his prior school setting, and the attentive caring he received in the middle school enabled him to have the confidence to excel in his studies. He is now in an AP/Honors program at a top Catholic high school, and formed lifelong friendships. Having a PK-8 setting was wonderful because the older kids really function as mentors and guides for the younger kids. They mature in a way that I haven't seen in other middle school settings. My younger son is also attending St. Gregory, and having a wonderful experience at the elementary level. I highly recommend this school. The staff, parent body, teachers and student are a wonderful team. It takes a village to raise a child, and this is a great village.

Posted February 11, 2015
My daughter currently attends UPK 4 @ St Gregory. What a wonderful surprise the school has turned out to be! My daughter loves it, the curriculum is varied & fun, and her teacher, Ms. Rene is outstanding! The 2 UPK classes are racially & economically diverse & w/ 18 kids in each class & 2 teachers, small enough for kids to get individualized attention, all for free! The location is also a plus- 90th & Columbus, close to the train & the park. The school is small, but has an attractive building with a park attached that, during the day, is solely for the use of students. Parents seem quite involved in the pta, hosting fun activities each month for all grades. My other child attends private school nearby, & I actually think St. Gregory is doing a better a better job of educating students & providing a warm, fun atmosphere for kids. While I am not Catholic, I am seriously considering allowing my daughter to continue to Kindergarten next year. The school's location, its small size (1 class per grade) and its physical potential make this a hidden gem on the UWS. Consider sending your child there-you will not be disappointed!

Posted September 02, 2014
This school is warm and nurturing. Your child will be given attention as an individual person and opportunities to succeed on his or her own terms. The teachers and administrators in the middle school are straight forward and accessible. It is a very small school with a family feel. The PTA is an active and positive group.

Posted January 15, 2013
I am the parent of a new fourth grader at St. Gregory The Great. I feel blessed to have found this school for my son. He was in a charter school for three years. During that time the concern was more on test scores instead of the student. At St. Gregory the Great the student is important. The principal and all of the staff are wonderful. The curriculum is great and the students achieve because they are not stressed. My son has excelled at this school. I would recommend this schools to anyone!!

Posted January 08, 2013
My daughter has attended St. Gregory the Great for nearly two years. Her teacher along with the other teachers and administrators have always had her educational experience as their top priority. I have recommended this school to family and friends.

Posted January 07, 2013
St.Grogoory is a amazing school. The teachers are great with kids, very hands on. It feels like a family.

Posted January 07, 2013
After having significant problems at his previous school, my son has thrived at St. Gregory the Great School. The nurturing environment and the great teachers have just really allowed him to learn and grow in a way he never did before. He's proud to walk into the beautiful facility every morning, and we really could not be happier with this school.

St. Gregory the Great School 4

Posted January 07, 2013
Loving this school! My daughter and I transfered from a charter school last year. We love everything about this school. They challenge their studnets, they're organized, and great things are happening.

Posted January 02, 2013
My son is in the 4th grade and his second year at St. Gregory. After trying out public and charter schools,I was blessed to find St. Gregory and my son absolutely loves school now. The kids are well mannered, respectful, caring and considerate. The principal, teachers and staff treat all the kids as if they were their own, which makes for a loving and nurturing environment. St. Gregory makes learning fun, with some very creative techniques and ways to teach. The curriculum is also well planned and executed. My son looks forward to going to school on time everyday with a smile on his face and as a parent, you couldn't ask for more. .

St. Gregory the Great School 1

Posted June 25, 2012
I went to St. Gregory's a while back. The staff are sweet people, for the most part. It is a small school, which is good in the sense that you never feel left out or like a stranger. However, with a small school, comes atrocious things as well. For EX, everyone seems to know your business, and it is not so much as the students that "gossip", but mostly the teachers/staff. There are many parents that complain about the same teachers. There is a male teacher in the jr. high department, that, well everyone has their own opinion on him.. but I don't have a great review on him. He does not have the correct job that fits his ways or rules. He rarely teaches his students, and is very sarcastic to his students, and sometimes parents. He tends to put his students down, instead of lifting them up; as a teacher it is your job to lift up your students, and it is okay to have an opinion, but you are NOT to share it with your student, especially in front of the whole class, in which he is famous for. There is another teacher in the lower school dept. that is very strict and very unwelcoming to his/her students. This teacher is very famous for the amount of HW/discipline he/she gives the kids.

St. Gregory the Great School
138 W 90th St, New York, NY  10024
Last modified St. Gregory the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Gregory the Great School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top