/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted December 28, 2013
Poor administration. That says it all. The administrative body is disconnected from the population it serves and it shows. They lack the interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with various constituents. This significantly impacts upon the academic program and social environment. The school has significantly declined in recent years and continues on a downward spiral. I am a long time resident and can attest to the school`s decline.

Posted June 06, 2013
Horrible school. Kids are even more unruly on the streets than any of the publics schools. Recess is scheduled for 20 mins every hour thru 6pm. So loud I, a neighbor behind the school, can't be in the phone during recess. I can't imagine the kids in class learn anything learn in the midst of the yelling outside from both the kids and the teachers. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! My daughter attended St. Ignatius Loyola where this kind of behavior and scheduling was totally unacceptable. If a store owner or neighbor called to complain about our kids' behavior, there were consequences, ie, no recess for the entire school except kindergarten, the next day. Yell or scream outside got you detention during recess. Disrespecting neighbors got a teacher at the store or location and got you identified and detention issued, do it again and you got suspended. The third time got you expelled. Parents were always notified, called and spoken with. DON'T WASTE YOUR MINEY!!! I had to select a 1 star rating, but really it should be -5.

Posted December 14, 2012
I attended this school and am currently a high school senior. I have a sibling who continued attending (younger) and have to say the school has really gone down hill. The biggest problem I have is that a teacher I had my 8th grade year, Christine Allen, who was a first year teacher at the time, has been made a vice-principal. She was the worst teacher I have ever encountered and horrible at her job. She blatantly disrespected our community and made a comment about how she would never help someone like that (an elderly gentlemen who had collapsed near a hospital) because her dad was a cop and taught her not to help "people like that." She also would go sit at her desk and play on facebook all the time in the middle of class and refuse to teach because some students were talking or acting up. I will be going to an Ivy League school next year no thanks to her. Her morals and examples are not Christian (by the way she made it known to us she is an Atheist), yet is taught and is not vice principal of a Catholic school. They really made is mistake in hiring her and moving her up the rank while meanwhile some really excellent teachers were forced to leave.

Posted May 04, 2012
My daughter has been attending St. Aloysius since she was three years of age she is now in the 3rd grade and I love her teacher this year. I also love the school from the time she has started. The teachers she had are great from Ms Hunt to Ms.Willington, to Mrs Stamps, to Ms. Fuentes and many other teachers I have forgotten. If I had to do it all over again i woudl choose St Aloysius again . If i had to rate the school I would gave them 4 stars and a half. I am a very happy parent. Plus I have gone and worked in a Catholic school and I must say I think they prepare their students for high school and beyond. She will be attending ST ALOYSUIS until 8th grade no matter how hard it will be for me to afford. Ms Terry Washington

St Aloysius School 4

Posted May 04, 2012
St. Aloysius is a great school. My son has been attending since the 4th grade. At my sons prior school he was not being challenged to perform at the level i knew he was capable of. The first semester my son was on the honor roll and has been ever since, He is now in the 5th grade and he will be attending Gonzaga in the fall. He loves the teachers and staff. The Principal has always been helpful and that really matters when selecting a school for your children,

Posted May 02, 2012
St. Aloysius is a good school. I have read the comments that other parents have written. It seems to me that alot of parents are compaining about minor things. Parents need to be more involved;

Posted February 14, 2012
It was important for me to find a faith based school that would give my children a solid head start in the beginning of their academic careers. On the day of the school visit for my daughter walked out of the classroom with a big smile on her face. I looked in her hand and saw her artwork and said What a nice green clover! She said No mommy, this is a shamrock! I was impressed! I certainly thought shamrock was a big word for a two year old. She proved me wrong. I was happy that my children were accepted to the Mother Theodore Program, because they are learning in leaps and bounds. If a solid education and school community is important to you, St Aloysius School is one to consider.

St Aloysius School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
My child is in the kindergarten class and generally speaking I don t have a problem with the educational portion. We work with her at home as well and the combination of us with the school has made my daughter a better reader and mathematician. What disturbs me about the school is what seems to be poor planning and a poor administrative way of working. The school doesn t take into account that we are working parents with limited time to take off. Trips are planned and we are expected to participate on short notice, school days have been cut short without notice, afterschool care has been cut without notice and many times the information parents get from the school in the form of a newsletter is opposite the information the teacher provides you. It s a very inexpensive school, but there are things added to the cost of attendance that bring the total

St Aloysius School 0

Posted April 15, 2010
Chose the school as an alternative to high priced independent schools and the public school system. Have found the Administration poorply organized and callous to parental concerns. The final straw ... they did not feel they needed to to infrom me that my child received ahead injury and when I picked her up she needed a visit to the pdeiatrician and the Emergency Room.

Posted January 21, 2010