Posted September 13, 2013
I am a Regis graduate, as is my son. In addition to an outstanding academic curriculum, there is a moral and ethical environment that encourages students to think of the needs of others, in keeping with the school motto, Deo et Patriae--for God and country.

Posted July 01, 2013
As an alumnus, I can tell you that Regis provides unmatched education and camaraderie among the students. From Seniors to Freshman, all students help each other out and are always there to give advice or help out with something. The boys at Regis are truly wonderful from the classroom to the athletic fields. Athletics, contrary to popular belief, are very competitive. Not all students are weird, in fact when I was at Regis, many kids had flourishing social lives. I made many good friends at Regis, and they are still some of my best friends to this day. However, this school is not for everyone. It requires many late nights and much devotion, but I went to college totally prepared and found the work to be easier than that at Regis. After Regis, I found myself much better prepared and having learned much more than my friends that attended other local Catholic or public schools. Regis also provides so many activities, retreats, and service work that builds character in it's students. In conclusion, going to Regis was the best decision of my life.

Posted June 27, 2013
As a person who just ended his freshman year, I am truly thrilled by my choice of school. The commute from Long Island everyday is very tiring, but the idea of commuting to the city everyday is truly exciting. I know from experience that my grades have dropped compared to my middle school. The teachers all care about the student and they are always around to help when we need it. The Jesuit values are instilled early on in our freshman year and I feel I have matured greatly by going to Regis. One other thing that has to be shared with the outside world is that the typical stereotype of a Regis kid that only studies, kind of nerdy, and has no social life is not true at all. Most kids actually have huge social lives and hangout on weekends. Although I go to sleep late every night due to the course load, I still like the fact that I am being challenged academically. There are a variety of extracurricular activities that is suitable for anyone. Students are even allowed to start new clubs if they receive approval from administration. Regis is definitely not for everyone. Be prepared to sacrifice for school and if you are on the speech and debate team. Regis is a positive life-changer!

Posted March 31, 2013
I'm a current senior, currently enjoying the much anticipated third trimester of senior year. I came from a upper-class private school in New Jersey and applied, primarily, to top-tier boarding schools. I was accepted to all of them, but chose to go to Regis because of a love for intellectualism. I had no idea how amazing the experience would be. All of my most valued friendships were forged in resource centers and many of my best memories took place in classrooms there. I would relive these four years for eternity and call it heaven, I love the student body that much. I am not going to an Ivy, but a top-tier engineering school. The math department was admittedly weak, but physics was strong enough to make up for it. The social life is incredible, though it takes place primarily at school, by necessity. Frankly, the student body of the school is so energetic and intelligent that everything else hardly matters. (Which, by the way, gives away the one-star student ratings with awful writing from either freshmen who will change their mind or rival schools' students) If you are admitted, GO, PERIOD!

Regis High School 1

Posted March 30, 2013
Honestly, the school was not that hard. In fact, it was pretty easy. The sports suck at the school and the coaching is even worse (except for volleyball). A lot of the people there are really weird and socially awkward, but that is not the school's fault. It is a typicle private high school. If you want to be challenged, go to one of the specialized public high schools.

Posted November 23, 2012
For "WOW" above - a pity you would judge an entire school by your perception of the actions of one student. Regis is a great school, not just academically. It has the MOST respectful, helpful, friendly, and kind student body I have ever seen. Since you didn't describe the incident, I don't know what offended you; that said, even with the emotion, spirit, and passion you say they lack (you are wrong) - there is bound to be an adolescent in the pack that might make a misstep. It is impossible for you NOT to have seen the plethora of eager and outgoing students assisting thousands of guests. You, for some reason, just decided not to notice them. Frankly, someone like you shouldn't become part of the Regis community, because the attitude you have-sour, so judgmental, so quickly-is not what's here. There is a huge spirit of kindness and community. Indeed, what makes Regis special is far more than the top academics. It is the respect and comraderie and demeanor that these students have with each other, with their teachers, and with the world around them. Come back another time, and open your eyes a little wider. You missed the truth - and are badmouthing the school unfairly.

Regis High School 1

Posted October 09, 2012
WOW! One of those "desk drones" insulted my son at yesterday's open house. He was robotic, demeaning, arrogant and completely disconnected from reality. He was so disconnected; I think he didn't know he was being insulting! It's a pity the school prepares these young men academically however; they lack spirit, emotion and passion. Not well balanced for what we need in our world. Overall, the school is academically superior (no question) however, intelligence will only get you a third of the way to holism. My star rating reflects other than academics. Everyone knows Regis is above average.

Posted September 14, 2012
My son just started attending Regis, and I can say he has changed so much for the good. He used to be a smart kid in middle school but was never challenged, and was immersed into college/professional sport/ESPN etc.. (does play these sports as well),I used to always worry about him.He has become so matured and responsible, that we are so lucky that we found Regis. He wakes up at 5:30AM and studies until 10PM. When I mention about ESPN, he just acknowledges that time is so precious and there is a time in life we can enjoy sports once we start working. thank you Regis NYC high school.

Posted October 10, 2011
Whatever I write is redundant because of the well-deserved strength of Regis' reputation. I am writing partially in response to some of the other reviews. We were told upon graduation that this school's cachet exceeds that of the best Ivy League institutions. This is well deserved, why? The teachers at Regis teach you how to think better than anyone at a formative age. The teachers at Regis, especially in the humanities, are world-class. It's no accident that the academic workload is challenging. My friends at Harvard, Princeton, Yale say their workload is not as hard as Regis + involvement in debate team (arguably the best in America). I am a very happy graduate still in college - I feel incredibly lucky that I knew someone who went to Regis, told my parents about it, and then got in. At the first admissions open house I instantly felt that this was my second home - and it was. I met a brilliant group of friends - and so Regis was great for me socially. As is with most things in life, Regis is what you make of it. It is not inherently socially restricting - you have to remain grounded outside of school. It's up to you to have the educational and personal experience of a lifetime.

Posted September 27, 2011
Regis is not for everyone. Students that have exceptional motivation to learn, and the maturity to endure a long commute while managing their time effectively, can gain a life changing high school experience at Regis. The primary benefits of the school are life long relationships with other gofted students, and an almost garantee of success in college due to the outstanding job the school does preparing students for post high school life, including the ability to live independently when you leave the nest. It's not for everyone, but for those ready to meet the challenge, it's a lifetime experience.

Regis High School