9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not permitted at Regis and that is not a part of the culture

Develops character: Strongly agree

The entire theme of the school is "A man for others" in other words, be kind and compassionate. From all the students that I have met, each boy displays this quality

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers seem great, although there are a few that shouldn't be teachers.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The homework load can be a lot, if they do not schedule their time wisely. They do not have massive amounts of homework, but during their class day, they are constantly challenged.

Regis is a unique experience, because it not only inspires the students to excel, but they stress how to be "a good person." In each class, my son is constantly challenged at the highest level, so from the moment they begin their day to the end, they are being taught how to think "outside the box." From Math, Social Studies, to Theology, etc. Each year the kids have to do some volunteer work and go on a retreat, which continues to help them grow as individuals. This is not "Catholic dogma at its worst," it is Christianity/Catholicism at its best at all levels from intellectual stimulation to being kind to others. My son and his friends are growing into top notch gentlemen - everyone who is able to attend, is richly blessed.

My son went to this school and graduated in 2014. The school gives their own admission test, and also has an interview process. The school has the ability to determine who might be a good fit for their school. They want intelligent, hard working boys who can handle the curriculum, which is difficult. The school was tremendous for my son. He was challenged, by the other students. They strive to do well, and help each other. He developed a great group of friends who are doing well at some of the top colleges in the country. The boys commute from all different communities in NJ, CT, long island , queens,the bronx and many others. They work hard in school and also serve the community in many ways also. My son was involved in a mentoring program called the Reach program. He mentored a student for three years and that boy is now a Regis student. Even with the commute, they manage to get their work done, have fun, and be men for others, which is their motto. The only downside is that they make so many friends from all over, you might be driving them to see their friends. But you will meet some wonderful kids and parents in the process!

As a parent of a Regis graduate who went on to a Ivy League school. My wife and I feel blessed that our son received the best education in NYC. Its not just the education, its the teachers and the administation. Rich or Poor all students are accepted for there potential. We planned early on that our son who had attended public grammer and middle school prior that he do very well in school. We also made sure that his after school activites were activites that would prepare him for life. Regis is a Roman Catholic school however the school focus is to prepair these young adults to become Men for Others. It is this concept that our son has taken with him and no matter what life throws his way he will be ready to face the challenges due to the education he received at Regis. young men ready to lend a hand to those in need. The world needs more schools like Regis . God Bless them as they start there next 100 years.

I am a parent of a Regis student who is a junior currently. I have been very impressed with Regis in the past 2.5 years. Not just the students and faculty, but even the parents of Regis students are warm and friendly. My son enjoys his school life and is popular and well liked by other Regians. He does have a long commute from New Jersey, but he never complaints about the 2 trains + 1 bus he takes to get across to upper-east-side. When I drive him to his games (does play for Regis teams) as well to school occasionally, I do see the other Regis students very cordial and top-notch. I do not see that from other public school + private schools when I visit for games etc.. (networking/camaraderie is huge for a successful kid IMO) The academics , the extra-curricular etc.. makes the students well-rounded. Regis was ranked as the 5th best high-school in the country for SAT scores (which no one even brags about). So all in all, I wish there was a girls-equivalent of Regis (which there is none).. we are lucky to be close to NYC and Regis.

I am a Regis graduate, as is my son. In addition to an outstanding academic curriculum, there is a moral and ethical environment that encourages students to think of the needs of others, in keeping with the school motto, Deo et Patriae--for God and country.

As an alumnus, I can tell you that Regis provides unmatched education and camaraderie among the students. From Seniors to Freshman, all students help each other out and are always there to give advice or help out with something. The boys at Regis are truly wonderful from the classroom to the athletic fields. Athletics, contrary to popular belief, are very competitive. Not all students are weird, in fact when I was at Regis, many kids had flourishing social lives. I made many good friends at Regis, and they are still some of my best friends to this day. However, this school is not for everyone. It requires many late nights and much devotion, but I went to college totally prepared and found the work to be easier than that at Regis. After Regis, I found myself much better prepared and having learned much more than my friends that attended other local Catholic or public schools. Regis also provides so many activities, retreats, and service work that builds character in it's students. In conclusion, going to Regis was the best decision of my life.

Last modified Regis High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12