My two daughters have attended this school for three years now. They are both very happy with their experience. They have met very nice friends. The teachers are strict but caring. The principal and Sister Virginia are wonderful. There are sports teams as well as basketball/soccer/running clubs. There are also many other clubs such as girls who code, spirit squad, glee, choir, music club, drama and steppers. It is a diverse, happy well run school in a beautiful building. I would recommend it to all without reservation.
Teachers treat the students and parents like customers. They know you can go somewhere else, including free options. So they put in a full effort every day. There's no one I've seen who's lazy or mailing it in.
Top 11 reasons why I like Notre Dame:
1: Academics are challenging. (no comparison with the lazy public school style I experienced with another child.)
2. Teachers are hard-working and prepared. (they don't mail-it-in; they know each girl)
3. Girls are friendly and approachable. (they're teenagers, so no one's perfect.)
4. Great location in the West Village near the Meatpacking District and Highline.
5. Tuition is reasonable compared with competitors. Dominican is 50% more expensive.. And there's no application or essays...just list ND on the high school entrance test.
6. Parents are encouraged to participate in school life. Fundraising is kept to a minimum.
7. Always clean and beautifully maintained.
8. Excellent communication from the administrators.
9. Plenty of after-school activities.
10. True diversity of color, economic background, neighborhoods (Westchester, all 5 boros and NJ) and experiences.
11. No boys!
Notre Dame , is a very excellent school in my opinion , but i will say the girls are very mean and hurtful. Right now i am a current Sophmore about to transfer. i loved it freshman year , but now i hate it . The girls are mean , all about themselves and they will make it be known. Now , if your daughter isn't the type to socialize then don't send her here because it's not the place for her girls will chit chat about her being weird and all that bad stuff. In my opinion , send your child to Cathedral High School . Much better than Notre Dame they want you to believe that it's an " our home " situation . NO it's about trying to stay in the crowd not get picked on and understand where you fit in . It's almost like a caste system , when you go into Notre Dame you got to know where you fit in.