Posted December 24, 2013
Daughter attends school. She is taking advanced mathematics and science courses. More importantly she is learning to be an ethical and caring woman. Good college preparation.

Posted October 11, 2013
Notre Dame , is a very excellent school in my opinion , but i will say the girls are very mean and hurtful. Right now i am a current Sophmore about to transfer. i loved it freshman year , but now i hate it . The girls are mean , all about themselves and they will make it be known. Now , if your daughter isn't the type to socialize then don't send her here because it's not the place for her girls will chit chat about her being weird and all that bad stuff. In my opinion , send your child to Cathedral High School . Much better than Notre Dame they want you to believe that it's an " our home " situation . NO it's about trying to stay in the crowd not get picked on and understand where you fit in . It's almost like a caste system , when you go into Notre Dame you got to know where you fit in.

Posted September 17, 2012
this school is amazing and I love the teachers and staff. You could not ask for a better school!

Posted September 03, 2012
This school is horrible. Send your child to St. Vincent Ferrer if you want them to be prepared for college.

Posted August 11, 2011
I absolutely loved this school! I graduated this past June and I can honestly say my experience was beyond amazing. The small school community allows for a very family like environment. The teachers love what they do and care for every single student. They honestly go above and beyond to ensure that the students succeed in their classes. They know every student by name and make you feel like you're more then just a student. They want you to learn. There are lots of after school activities to participate in. I was personally member of the Spirit Squad for four years, the running club, and the student actor training institute. The councelling department was incredibly helpful and got to know each student on a personal level. I highly recommend this school to all girls. Our school's motto is "chez nous", meaning "our home" in French. Despite the fact that I've graduated, I know this will always be my home and I will always have my Chez Nous Sisters.

Notre Dame School 4

Posted February 04, 2011
I graduated in 2009. Notre Dame is like a family. The friends I made at this school are like my sisters and the teachers are all unforgettable. My favorites ones are a handful not just one or two. I agree on the afterschool activities but with a school so small as Notre Dame and with high dependence on personal funding, meeting the needs of all the student for clubs, organizations and activities are difficult. I was not a great student from I entered Notre Dame. I came from a public school background and hated my first year there. I soon realized that i disliked my first year because I did not put my best foot foward. Once I tried and gave it my all I excelled and beat my own expectations. Now in College I am in teh honors program and thank it all to Notre Dame for showing me how to improve my work ethic and my abilities to achieve anything I set my mind to. If you daughter is a hard worker, who is willing to push her in order to be a successful student, she will do great and have a strong support system from the staff at Notre Dame.

Posted January 19, 2010
My daughter's and my experience at ND was beyond horiffic. The staff was very impersonal and ill equipped from the principal, vice principal, guadiance and teachers. She would constantly tell me the school was not organized and it was nothing like the open house dog and pony show, we were duped. She has since tranferred, her whole demeanor has changed she absolutly loves her new school and friends. She has joined a few of the school afterschool activites, something that ND could never seemed to to be very organized with as she was a member of one activity she complained about it's lack of organization. Good luck as this is a very important decision for both you and your daughter.

Posted August 02, 2009
Notre Dame is a great school. I graduated in 2006 and I am now a senior in an Ivy League institution. I don't think that I would have ever achieved all that I have achieved if it weren't for ND. The teachers are excellent and the Counseling staff is top notch. I hear from my peers about how they had to figure out the college application process on their own and I am stunned. ND guidance counselors ENSURE that ALL students apply and are accepted into four-year universities and colleges. I will say that while I was there, I did not appreciate the wonderful opportunities and people at ND, but I am so glad to have formed and to still form a part of the Chez Nous (ND's motto) family.

Posted March 14, 2009
some people think notre dame is bad thats only beacause they are not good student

Posted March 12, 2009
Notre Dame is not a very good school. It isn't pretty and i am afraid i will not be getting into a good college as i am a sophomore right now. Also, there are only four sports that actually compete with other schools. There are many private schools in Manhattan that your daughter can go to that are both prettier and better academically. For example- Sacred Heart, Hightingale Bamford, Chapin, Marymount, Brearly, Loyola, Dalton. Do not send your daughter here if you want her to have nice friends with social lives that are pretty and get invited to parties.

Notre Dame School