9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My two daughters have attended this school for three years now. They are both very happy with their experience. They have met very nice friends. The teachers are strict but caring. The principal and Sister Virginia are wonderful. There are sports teams as well as basketball/soccer/running clubs. There are also many other clubs such as girls who code, spirit squad, glee, choir, music club, drama and steppers. It is a diverse, happy well run school in a beautiful building. I would recommend it to all without reservation.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers treat the students and parents like customers. They know you can go somewhere else, including free options. So they put in a full effort every day. There's no one I've seen who's lazy or mailing it in.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school encourages the Catholic practice of faith, hope and charity. The focus is on developing academics and a moral compass. Girls must sign a "I did not cheat" statement on each test.

Top 11 reasons why I like Notre Dame: 1: Academics are challenging. (no comparison with the lazy public school style I experienced with another child.) 2. Teachers are hard-working and prepared. (they don't mail-it-in; they know each girl) 3. Girls are friendly and approachable. (they're teenagers, so no one's perfect.) 4. Great location in the West Village near the Meatpacking District and Highline. 5. Tuition is reasonable compared with competitors. Dominican is 50% more expensive.. And there's no application or essays...just list ND on the high school entrance test. 6. Parents are encouraged to participate in school life. Fundraising is kept to a minimum. 7. Always clean and beautifully maintained. 8. Excellent communication from the administrators. 9. Plenty of after-school activities. 10. True diversity of color, economic background, neighborhoods (Westchester, all 5 boros and NJ) and experiences. 11. No boys!

Daughter attends school. She is taking advanced mathematics and science courses. More importantly she is learning to be an ethical and caring woman. Good college preparation.

Notre Dame , is a very excellent school in my opinion , but i will say the girls are very mean and hurtful. Right now i am a current Sophmore about to transfer. i loved it freshman year , but now i hate it . The girls are mean , all about themselves and they will make it be known. Now , if your daughter isn't the type to socialize then don't send her here because it's not the place for her girls will chit chat about her being weird and all that bad stuff. In my opinion , send your child to Cathedral High School . Much better than Notre Dame they want you to believe that it's an " our home " situation . NO it's about trying to stay in the crowd not get picked on and understand where you fit in . It's almost like a caste system , when you go into Notre Dame you got to know where you fit in.

this school is amazing and I love the teachers and staff. You could not ask for a better school!

This school is horrible. Send your child to St. Vincent Ferrer if you want them to be prepared for college.

I absolutely loved this school! I graduated this past June and I can honestly say my experience was beyond amazing. The small school community allows for a very family like environment. The teachers love what they do and care for every single student. They honestly go above and beyond to ensure that the students succeed in their classes. They know every student by name and make you feel like you're more then just a student. They want you to learn. There are lots of after school activities to participate in. I was personally member of the Spirit Squad for four years, the running club, and the student actor training institute. The councelling department was incredibly helpful and got to know each student on a personal level. I highly recommend this school to all girls. Our school's motto is "chez nous", meaning "our home" in French. Despite the fact that I've graduated, I know this will always be my home and I will always have my Chez Nous Sisters.

I graduated in 2009. Notre Dame is like a family. The friends I made at this school are like my sisters and the teachers are all unforgettable. My favorites ones are a handful not just one or two. I agree on the afterschool activities but with a school so small as Notre Dame and with high dependence on personal funding, meeting the needs of all the student for clubs, organizations and activities are difficult. I was not a great student from I entered Notre Dame. I came from a public school background and hated my first year there. I soon realized that i disliked my first year because I did not put my best foot foward. Once I tried and gave it my all I excelled and beat my own expectations. Now in College I am in teh honors program and thank it all to Notre Dame for showing me how to improve my work ethic and my abilities to achieve anything I set my mind to. If you daughter is a hard worker, who is willing to push her in order to be a successful student, she will do great and have a strong support system from the staff at Notre Dame.

Last modified Notre Dame School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12