/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted June 11, 2014
This school is def. better than most of the schools in this area. which is why my child still attends BUT my main complaint is the DISORGANIZATION! First off everything is left up to the vice principle. You barely even see the actual principle. I feel like these people can't get anything right from ordering new uniforms in the school to the simplest thing like school shows. I know that finances are important in a school like this but I am sure that this school would get way more donations if parents felt like they were getting their moneys worth! The school has such an arrogant staff that you can tell was just hired on a who you know basis, my number 1 pet peeve is to pay for something and later on get treated as if I'm being given a hand out! This school needs a PTA there are so many mothers, fathers and grandparents out there who are at home doing nothing or retired and I'm sure would be more than willingly to volunteer for their kids schl. You can charge every parent who joins a $5 or even $10 for a YEARLY membership charge and have extra help on bake sales, school shows & other school activities FOR FREE! Some one needs to step in and bring this schl bck to what it used to be!

Posted October 02, 2013
This is by far the worst school I have ever seen. This school has a 53.6% black student body and yet the faculty is made up of old white teachers. The school is in need of proper leadership, because both the teachers and principe dos'nt seem to care about the students. Parents are not respected and the teachers label the kids in the school. The teachers are all conditioned to dehumanized the kids under their care. Some of the teachers use preferential treatment toward some students. Once they lable you child as bad the lable sticks with the child, and all the teachers join in with the dehumanizing of the child. I would not recommend this school to anyone, and my advice to the parents who have children in this school is to take their child out of this school before it is to late. I feel sorry for parents who enroll their child in this school. My child was tormented by the teachers everyday was a complain for the slightest reasons; his education was neglected by the teachers, the child was unhappy at this school. So I finally had to pull him out and We are both satisfied with my desicion. I will not be surprise if one day a parent file a law suit against the school and facility.

Posted July 10, 2013
The worse school I have ever seen poor education, the new administration just want money

Posted May 29, 2013
This school has declined over the years. Parents concerns are disregarded. Communication with parents is poor. Some of the teachers, specially the older ones appear tired, unhappy teaching, offer little motivation, don't show love for the job they do. The school's sports department is very weak. Very few students have the opportunity to participate in organized sports.

Posted May 01, 2013
I have had my son in this school since Pre-K and while he is doing well academically I know that it is because I am on top of his assignments and tests. The classrooms are overcrowded, the teachers are overwhelmed and the Administration is disconnected. Unfortunately once the Administration changed so did the school, the new leaders are weak and only seem to be concerned about the finances. You ask for meetings with them and are either brushed off or ignored and the meeting is never set up. Until last year I was satisfied with school but this school year has left only bad experiences.

Incarnation School 4

Posted August 21, 2012
I attended Incarnation; I met my husband there and my life long friends. My son attends the school and I love it and he does as well. The principal Ms. Pechin and VP Lee are very receptive to me and my son. They personally greet each child by name in the morning. Ms. Morales in the first floor office is always helpful. The afternoon problems are diverse and well organized. The school increase with age, I find that my son gets the support he needs. His talents and his intelligence is challenged and nurture.

Posted June 21, 2012
I graduated Incarnation in 1995. I have nothing good to say about this school. Only attended 7th and 8th grade. Teachers did not support the honor roll students and showed favoritism towards the basketball players. Despite being in the honor roll in Incarnation, I was significantly behind in reading/grammar skills when entering highschool. I required tutoring during the first 2 months in order to catch up to other students.

Posted May 22, 2012
Incarnation School has changed for the worst. For the last two years the school has been under new supervision. The new principal and vice principal are more concern about enrolling new student into the over crowed class rooms. There main goal is to fine new fees to charge the parents all year around. A good amount of kids are failing and have no help in getting any type of after school tutoring. The teachers are not really motivated to teach. The principal and vice principal needs to care more about the students, teachers and parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 24, 2011
This school use to be better but many parents don't feel that way anymore. This school needs to focus on each child its a small school and too many students get low grades. Teachers need to support them and the principal needs to be more involved with parents. My son had to attend tutoring classes because he fell behind being in the school. The school needs to improve.

Incarnation School 5

Posted July 13, 2011
I am an alumni of this school. Class of '70. The best years of my life were spent at Incarnation. The late Monsignor Waterson, the Priests, the nuns and the lay teachers were all wonderful. Not to mention my classmates and friends. I even found the love of my life there (we were 8 years old and in 2nd grade) and we are together today (after 48 years). My experience at Incarnation and the memories I hold will forever be treasured.

Incarnation School