PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter is in pre-k and so far I have nothing but great feedback for her teacher. I'm not sure how others are but we have great communication, we email each other quite often. My daughter went through some changes this past year and she struggled a bit initially but her teacher found creative ways and tactics that best fit the needs of my daughter rather than using a "one size fits all" approach to help her transition. I I do have some concerns about the overall administration and organization of the school. I was really turned off when our welcome letter had the WRONG date as the first day. As a first time mom, taking my kid to pre-k for the first time, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Taking your child to pre-k is a huge milestone that'll as a parent we always go back to and that's my memory of it. Also, though the pre-k program is free, I pay for after school and their tuition rates for kindergarten and up are pretty expensive for me not to be able to get through anyone when I try calling the school during the day. That's a problem that I will be raising. Their school calendars are not updated when changes are made. There were two instances where I walked in to a sign saying she had no school or 1/2 day with really short notice (1 or 2 days) and I had to scramble to find alternative childcare. My daughter will be staying there for Kindergarten but I will be keeping a close eye on the quality of education and organization. If I don't feel I'm getting what I pay for, I will be transferring her. I also think there should be a Parents/teachers association where parents have an opportunity to engage and be more involved.

I see most of these reviews are a couple years old or older. Things have changed since then. With the New Principle Mr Green. Education levels have increased tremendously. He has brought in a few programs for students that did not exist when I attended many years ago. This year they started a brand new program that shapes students to deal with today's society instead of the old way of thinking. I really like how they are teaching my daughter she is learning in a rapid pace, is enjoying her classes at the same time. After school programs are starting to be put in place where they can do from programming, cooking, photography and much more. These activities are great. Let address the elephant in the room I noticed one person saying the demographic is this school is over 50% black. That is completely incorrect, the majority of students in this school are Hispanic kids. The teachers are mixed there are black, white, Hispanic and Asian teachers. I'm not sure what school they are referring too but it's not the Washington heights Incarnation school. Maybe one of the others around the country not this one. Now that was said, The way the curriculum is and has been for the past few years are to help the students succeed and no kid is left behind. Now it's up to the parent to make sure that their children keep up with the homework and outside activities. If you don't put your part in with your kids education the school can only do so much. With all the programs kids can join now it's becoming a very progressive school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

With the new program in place, each students curriculum is based on what they need work on the most to get to current level they need to be. It's not a "standard" like the old days this much better.

This school is def. better than most of the schools in this area. which is why my child still attends BUT my main complaint is the DISORGANIZATION! First off everything is left up to the vice principle. You barely even see the actual principle. I feel like these people can't get anything right from ordering new uniforms in the school to the simplest thing like school shows. I know that finances are important in a school like this but I am sure that this school would get way more donations if parents felt like they were getting their moneys worth! The school has such an arrogant staff that you can tell was just hired on a who you know basis, my number 1 pet peeve is to pay for something and later on get treated as if I'm being given a hand out! This school needs a PTA there are so many mothers, fathers and grandparents out there who are at home doing nothing or retired and I'm sure would be more than willingly to volunteer for their kids schl. You can charge every parent who joins a $5 or even $10 for a YEARLY membership charge and have extra help on bake sales, school shows & other school activities FOR FREE! Some one needs to step in and bring this schl bck to what it used to be!

This is by far the worst school I have ever seen. This school has a 53.6% black student body and yet the faculty is made up of old white teachers. The school is in need of proper leadership, because both the teachers and principe dos'nt seem to care about the students. Parents are not respected and the teachers label the kids in the school. The teachers are all conditioned to dehumanized the kids under their care. Some of the teachers use preferential treatment toward some students. Once they lable you child as bad the lable sticks with the child, and all the teachers join in with the dehumanizing of the child. I would not recommend this school to anyone, and my advice to the parents who have children in this school is to take their child out of this school before it is to late. I feel sorry for parents who enroll their child in this school. My child was tormented by the teachers everyday was a complain for the slightest reasons; his education was neglected by the teachers, the child was unhappy at this school. So I finally had to pull him out and We are both satisfied with my desicion. I will not be surprise if one day a parent file a law suit against the school and facility.

The worse school I have ever seen poor education, the new administration just want money

This school has declined over the years. Parents concerns are disregarded. Communication with parents is poor. Some of the teachers, specially the older ones appear tired, unhappy teaching, offer little motivation, don't show love for the job they do. The school's sports department is very weak. Very few students have the opportunity to participate in organized sports.

I have had my son in this school since Pre-K and while he is doing well academically I know that it is because I am on top of his assignments and tests. The classrooms are overcrowded, the teachers are overwhelmed and the Administration is disconnected. Unfortunately once the Administration changed so did the school, the new leaders are weak and only seem to be concerned about the finances. You ask for meetings with them and are either brushed off or ignored and the meeting is never set up. Until last year I was satisfied with school but this school year has left only bad experiences.

I attended Incarnation; I met my husband there and my life long friends. My son attends the school and I love it and he does as well. The principal Ms. Pechin and VP Lee are very receptive to me and my son. They personally greet each child by name in the morning. Ms. Morales in the first floor office is always helpful. The afternoon problems are diverse and well organized. The school increase with age, I find that my son gets the support he needs. His talents and his intelligence is challenged and nurture.

I graduated Incarnation in 1995. I have nothing good to say about this school. Only attended 7th and 8th grade. Teachers did not support the honor roll students and showed favoritism towards the basketball players. Despite being in the honor roll in Incarnation, I was significantly behind in reading/grammar skills when entering highschool. I required tutoring during the first 2 months in order to catch up to other students.

Last modified Incarnation School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8