/ School Profile

Posted February 10, 2014
The new administration has done a stupendous job at keeping things running. Fabulous! To think the school was at risk of closing. It's made a 180 degree turn. The principal, vice principal and staff have done such a great job at running the facility. The teachers go out of the way for the students. A special thanks to those teachers who perform beyond the call of duty (you know who you are). Let's not forget our pastor who is always joyous. Thank you. Keep up the great work!

Posted July 05, 2013
Our son started attending Good Shepherd since he was three and a half two years ago. We have been very happy about the education and care he has received so far. He has excelled in every aspect academically and socially for his age. We are thankful that the new Principal, new administration, the committed teachers, along with a strong board of trustees have worked hard and closely together. The school atmosphere is nurturing and children are happy and well-behaved from Pre-K to 8th grade. The School facilities are great, including a regulation size gym, computer room, library, smart boards. A science lab is being built for this coming school year. My understanding from the Principal is that in the fall, the School will start the National Geographic Science Program for K through 8th graders. We are excited! The future of the School is promising. My husband and I have no doubt that our son will continue receiving quality education from Good Shepherd, and excel academically and socially.

Posted April 24, 2013
Good Shepherd is a great school. My children are so happy everyday, I have one child in the upper grades and one in the lower grades. The 4th grade teacher is amazing and extremely dedicated. The upper grade teachers are such a great team and work really hard to ensure a quality education for my child. My older child took part in a speech contest, a history fair, and soon a science fair. There is always something going on at Good Shepherd and I think its great. God bless the faculty and adminstration. My Good Shepherd continue to grow!!

Posted April 10, 2013
Good Shepherd School is a jewel in the Bronx. My daughter attends the school and she is happy to go to school each day. The upper grade teachers are especially dedicated. They give of their time to help every child in their care. They are present at all the school events and even cook the dinner for the families on Pasta Nite. The school is a safe, nurturing place and it is worth the cost.

Posted February 02, 2013
My son has been going to Good Shepherd School since first grade he is in fourth grade now. For the first two years my son was there enrolled in Good Shepherd, I was not too happy as the previous principle s administrative style were extreme. I was looking for another Catholic school to enroll my son, as were many parents. However, there was change in administration, with new management Good Shepherd, school has done a 360-degree change, and my son is so happy there, so is my wife and myself. The school has become a beacon in quality education and organization. I have noticed that enrollment in Good Shepherd has increased dramatically as word of mouth of the new changes has brought many new pupils to Good Shepherd. They have a great after school program in which teachers help students with their homework and afterwards have many games and physical activities to keep them occupied. I highly recommend Good Shepherd School to any parent looking for quality education and a sense of community for their young children.

Posted January 09, 2013
The teachers, administration and staff really care about the kids. They would give their left arm to help a child. Its one of the most underrated schools in the area and better than any public school in the area too.

Posted January 09, 2013
The best up and coming school in the neighborhood. Caring teachers, smart teachers, solid administration and staff, small class size, friendly religious staff and plenty of family/community involvement.

Posted October 01, 2012
i think this school is amazing...All the teachers, staff, students and everything. It is an amazing school.

Good Shepherd School 1

Posted July 14, 2011
This school is full of rude and hypocritical teachers that treat the students with no respect. There are very few courteous and loving teachers that the treat students like human beings, and understand that they are pushed too hard too often.

Posted December 07, 2010
WOW!!!!! If there's any reason to keep Good Shepherd School open in Inwood, NYC, well, the excitement and family feeling that the winter/Christmas concert provided to all this night, Tuesday, 12/7/10. The auditorium was as full to capacity as previous years. It was a great turnout regardless of the fact the weather was bitter outside. The love felt inside the auditorium was too overpowering to express in more words than this. As we strode home, a neighbor approached us and congratulated us with blessings to know this school, Good Shepherd School, is a venue not only for academics but for fun-loving activities. Miracles do come through and it showed in everyone's faces tonight. Let's get the word out and promote our school! Supporting our School, Teachers, and Parent Committee! A great job by all, indeed. Yours truly, Proud parents

Good Shepherd School