PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Family. They teach the "old golden rule". Society has forgotten about love and kindness, and how to listen to each other

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Like any school, some are good and some are not so good, however, I found this to be in all schools.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The school give more homework that the PS counterpart for the same grade level. They are actually learning ahead of the grade level to prepare for the next year.

The school has gone through many changes over the past two years, all for the better. We pulled out my child and placed her in a local, highly rated public, but the academics and teacher attention was not there. There were a lot of problems hidden and a few teachers left suddenly, despite the good rating. It seems as the children were pushed to test well and not learn and grow as little people. School ratings are misleading and do not reflect how well your child will develop as a person. Good shepherd parents are like none I've encountered at other schools. We cam back because of the sense of "Family" between not only the children but the parents. I would highly recommend Good Shepherd to anyone seeking a change from the PS attitude and testing.

having my daughter in this school for 4 years now, and there are nothing but problems. From Teachers with serious attitude problems to teacher aides SCREAMING and yelling at the little kids. It seems like that is acceptable there. You can complain the Principal but it falls on deaf ears. Children being left alone in the street running around with out supervision and teachers being fired in the middle of the school year without ANY Explanation ...But they Never forget to take YOUR TUITION $$$ every month..A Horrible experience!!

My child entered the pre-K program in the fall of 2014. He has warm and loving teachers and made friends easily. The learning centers mirror more expensive programs we visited throughout the city. The school is traditional - uniform order sheets for girls on pink paper, for boys on blue paper. Mild concerns about gender stereotypes being reinforced. We were very excited to learn at an open house about a technology called Child Chart, developed by Dr. Patricia Vardin, that tracks student progress. We picked GSS over another local Catholic school based on it, but later, no one on staff seemed to know about it. An e-mail revealed that the technology had been discontinued because it was too cumbersome and said they should stop mentioning it in open houses...um, yes!!! We would call that a lie. GSS is a pretty good school. If you go in knowing the truth of what is offered and not offered, I think you will be satisfied here. I think you could get equally good or better education for lower tuition.

The new administration has done a stupendous job at keeping things running. Fabulous! To think the school was at risk of closing. It's made a 180 degree turn. The principal, vice principal and staff have done such a great job at running the facility. The teachers go out of the way for the students. A special thanks to those teachers who perform beyond the call of duty (you know who you are). Let's not forget our pastor who is always joyous. Thank you. Keep up the great work!

Our son started attending Good Shepherd since he was three and a half two years ago. We have been very happy about the education and care he has received so far. He has excelled in every aspect academically and socially for his age. We are thankful that the new Principal, new administration, the committed teachers, along with a strong board of trustees have worked hard and closely together. The school atmosphere is nurturing and children are happy and well-behaved from Pre-K to 8th grade. The School facilities are great, including a regulation size gym, computer room, library, smart boards. A science lab is being built for this coming school year. My understanding from the Principal is that in the fall, the School will start the National Geographic Science Program for K through 8th graders. We are excited! The future of the School is promising. My husband and I have no doubt that our son will continue receiving quality education from Good Shepherd, and excel academically and socially.

Good Shepherd is a great school. My children are so happy everyday, I have one child in the upper grades and one in the lower grades. The 4th grade teacher is amazing and extremely dedicated. The upper grade teachers are such a great team and work really hard to ensure a quality education for my child. My older child took part in a speech contest, a history fair, and soon a science fair. There is always something going on at Good Shepherd and I think its great. God bless the faculty and adminstration. My Good Shepherd continue to grow!!

Good Shepherd School is a jewel in the Bronx. My daughter attends the school and she is happy to go to school each day. The upper grade teachers are especially dedicated. They give of their time to help every child in their care. They are present at all the school events and even cook the dinner for the families on Pasta Nite. The school is a safe, nurturing place and it is worth the cost.

Last modified Good Shepherd School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8