/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted February 22, 2014
I think this website should include a students say because all the other reviews are parents who wouldn't understand what it's like for the kids perspective. All the kids here hate the school as they reach the older grades and start realizing what other places have to offer. There are no AP class of any sort. We have recess in a parking lot. They waste money on the most ridiculous things.They are constantly milking money out of our parents. The dress code rules for dress-down day are suffocating. No leggings unless your shirt is fingertip lenth no shorts under fingertip lenth, no tank tops, no open toe shoes...etc. it's sopose to be dress-DOWN day we aren't Amish can't we wear want we want for the one day a year we get to wear our own cloths? The ceiling in the gym is way too low the tiles are constantly falling out of the ceiling, it's dangerous but we can't afford to get a new one because we spend too much on other things. I talk to public school kids and I feel dumb around them when we are talking about school because they know way more than me because the teachers here failed to teach me correctly. Its embarrassing to go to this school

Posted June 11, 2011
I am extremely disappointed about the way issues are handled. The school secretary is very unprofessional in every aspect. Appearance and the way she approaches parents is not acceptable. The afterschool program is a zoo and should be managed differently. My son was left unattended in this program with 50 other students running around because the secretary was nowhere to be found. The Principal runs away when confronted with issues. The school needs a better Principal and office secretary who can treat people with respect. I am withdrawing my son and going to another school.

Posted March 23, 2010

Our Lady Of Mercy School 4

Posted November 10, 2009
My child has been in this school for 4 years, and each year more is being done to make the school better. The have computer class, art, music from Pre-K to 8th and this year the classrooms have computer interactive whiteboards. My child comes home and is excited to tell me what she learned in school and how she got to use the 'SMARTboard'. The staff is very helpful with scholarship applications. Every parent I referred to the school is told about applying for a scholarship, to make this great education affordable. It IS a very old building, but it's refreshing to see the continual updates. Overall, my child loves this school, and I am happy with the way I am treated as a parent

Posted November 03, 2009

Posted October 29, 2009

Our Lady Of Mercy School 0

Posted August 10, 2009
This school is good installing a great education but as far im concerned my daughter could have gotten the same education at a school that doesn't charge for everything....Dont get me wrong i understand about all the school fees but every time you turn around the kids are bring home notes saying that money is needed for this or that...they really do need to get their act together it just became to costly......Dont send your children there.......

Posted May 11, 2008

Our Lady Of Mercy School 4

Posted May 09, 2006
The school is a small compassionate school. It has a lot of character to it. One thing that parents have to understand is that not only the teacher is repsonsible for the education of their child but also the parent. I know that it is hard for parents (Me being one myself) that work, but we have to put our children first.

Our Lady Of Mercy School 3

Posted January 06, 2006
The school is small and there appears to be one class on each grade level- the classes are big. My son is in kindergarten but I just transferred him because it got too expensive, and I felt like he was being taught out of one of those books you can get at Barnes and Noble. Because I am an educator in a public school, I would have liked to see more differentiate instruction for my son as he bored easily with the schoolwork, and a little more discipline control with the two teachers in the room. On the plus side, however, the 'old school' ways of rote memorization and sounding words out was refreshing to see, and I can't deny my son knows LOTS of things by heart and sight, including Our Father, the months of the year, days of the week, and counting to 100.

Our Lady Of Mercy School
2512 Marion Avenue, New York, NY  10458
Last modified Our Lady Of Mercy School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Mercy School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top