PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 27, 2016
I would like to thank The Principal, teachers, assistant teachers, and staff. It’s a team effort here from the strong Parents Association right up to the top. Which reminds me, our Priests deserve a special thank you too!

School Of The Blessed Sacrament School 5

Posted February 27, 2016
My 8 year old has been a student at Blessed Sacrament for 5 years now. My wife and I feel we could not have made a better choice. In our line of work as educators we have the low down on most every school in the city. We feel fortunate to have been accepted when we applied to PreK4, more so since we had been placed on a waiting list initially. And although we commute every day past so many other schools closer to our home and more convenient logistically, we know many families that travel much further than us. One thing that has appealed to us is how involved the parents often choose to be in the various school events. A real feeling of caring, comradery, and community is found here. The fact that Christian education is infused throughout and not just in “Religion” class is also paramount. When I see my child starting her day at the morning assembly, saying a group prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance, it harkens back to the education I received some 50 years ago. Except my daughter has the benefit of learning on smart boards, computers, and other more modern accommodations. There are many beneficial after school programs and the school’s music and choir is second to none

School Of The Blessed Sacrament School 5

Posted February 25, 2016
I have been in this school since PreK. My son loves it here. He's challenged everyday and loves going. It's a small school, small class sizes. School caps at 26. The administration is very responsive and has an open door policy. You voice can be heard. They try really hard to make the school the best. It's has improved every year since I'm there. If you want private, a Catholic education and individualized attention then you should definitely look at this school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 25, 2016
The principal of this school is amazing. She's young energetic and always looking to improve it. She's always open to hear your concerns and criticisms and try's to change what needs to change.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 25, 2016
The Catholic curriculum promotes all these qualities. Through the teaching of religion the students learn good moral standards.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 15, 2015
I want to say thank you to everyone - to the Principal, who is so dedicated to making Blessed Sacrament the best school it can be for my children, to the teachers who are so dedicated and care so much about my children, to the staff who are always kind and responsive, and to our great Parents Association, who give so much of their time and energy to the PA.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 15, 2015
The teachers are very effective. I can see my children applying what they learn in school on a daily basis. They are well taught and retain their knowledge from year to year. The teachers really care about their students, and make sure they are given work that is appropriate for them.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 15, 2015
Students start having homework in Pre-K 4 at Blessed Sacrament. The homework and required time commitment are always age appropriate -- starting as weekly home work in Pre-K 4 and building up to daily homework in 1st grade. Giving homework as early as Prek_4 helps develop the habit and routine of homework as a part of the school year, and also reinforces what they are learning in school.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 15, 2015
Yes, these traits are also encouraged at the School of the Blessed Sacrament. Students are taught to stick with it, even when they are having a hard time.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 15, 2015
Wherever I go, people always tell me that my kids are extremely respectful and polite. Blessed Sacrament educates the whole child -- not just core skills like reading and math. Students know from an early age that they must be respectful to their teachers, school staff, their fellow students and themselves.

147 West 70th Street, New York, NY  10023
Last modified School Of The Blessed Sacrament School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8