PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

My son is in Kindergarten and he's learned so much. He was also a Pre-K student at SBS. I consider it a gem of a school and couldn't see my son in any other school. Hopefully my daughter will attend Pre-K next Fall.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are engaged and care about results and emotional happiness of their students

So happy with this school. I have two children at SBS (kindergarten & PK3). I am very happy with the teachers and community of parents. My children are doing really well, learning so much academically - but it's also about becoming a good person. We are not catholic, but this school is very inclusive.

As a proud parent of 2 children enrolled at School of the Blessed Sacrament, 1st and 5th grades, I am pleased to share that kindness and manners are important aspects of the curriculum along with the Common Core standards. The amazing teachers and faculty are forming our children as loving citizens of the world, teaching them about community as well as being bright well rounded students. At Blessed Sacrament, you are not just another number, you are a valued member of the family. I am grateful to have found this gem in NYC!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Being that this is a Catholic school, students are taught character building as well as academics.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The new faculty and administration are top notch!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers at SBS are tremendous! They treat children as individual, inquisitive minds, and loving members of the commmunity!

We love SBS! This is our first year and my Kindergartener already has homework and has had several spelling and math tests. It’s adorable - and she actually enjoys the challenge. I’m shocked that she is already reading small books and it’s only been two months. My friends in public and private schools in the area don’t have any homework yet, let alone tests – they are just playing at this point in Kindergarten. The teachers are warm and instill in the children a sense of community, responsibility and a drive to succeed. I can see such a difference in my daughter – she wants to do well and she is having fun. The Halloween party the school just put on was amazing and I think there were over 60 parent volunteers! The parents and administration are all so welcoming and really do work together to make the school better. The computer lab, tutoring program, new outdoor space on the roof, and amazing new library, are just a few of the many changes over the past couple years as a result of the parents, new principal and vice principal all working together. Frankly SBS is a steal compared to the tuition of NY private schools. We feel so fortunate and blessed to have found SBS.

Develops character: Strongly agree

When I first attended an open house, we were accompanied by middle schoolers and I was very impressed by how well they carried themselves. Very natural, polite, open, wellspoken, confident. Wonderful role models to younger students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The school offers homework help and tutoring

Last modified School Of The Blessed Sacrament School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8