PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted June 01, 2016
Our daughter attended Epiphany for both Nursery and Pre-K and has grown tremendously from an academic perspective. She has loved her teachers in both years who were a mix of both strict and nurturing. Financially, the school is a gem given city-living costs. We would highly recommend this for nursery and pre-K programs.

Posted August 06, 2015
Epiphany is everything we hoped it would be. Rigorous academics but not at the expense of a student s happiness. These kids are happy, friendly, supportive & well behaved. The teachers are professional, patient, accessible & fair.

Epiphany Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 06, 2015
Epiphany is everything we hoped it would be. Rigorous academics but not at the expense of a student s happiness. The director and teachers are patient, accessible, prepared & fair. I am very glad my kids go to this school.

Posted May 01, 2015
My son has gone to this school for 8 years, and it is a good school. The teachers are overall good, the Principal is strong. My only complaint would be that while they provide extra help to kids falling behind, there is no extra challenges given to kids who can master the material. The kids my son has befriended are from very nice families. It is a great environment for the kids - they like going to school.

Posted January 27, 2015
This is an incredible school. We join a year ago and we couldn't be more happy. Grades 4 to 8 have iPads, teachers are very professional and committed. My kids were very welcome and happy to find many friends. Epiphany kids are very polite and friendly. I am very happy to be part of this school.

Epiphany Elementary School 3

Posted November 23, 2014
I wrote a review of this school back in July, for some reason it got removed. Anyway, I went to Epiphany and graduated last June, and I had mixed feelings about it. The academics are definitely some of the best in the city. However, many things need to be changed. Most teachers are great, but some are terrible, they harass their students and make them scared in class, plus they choose favorites, of course. No one wants to go to the guidance counselor because of how harsh and off putting she is, so kids have to handle problems on their own. Even though it's a great school, the kids are not as good as they seem. Sure, they're book smart, but out of class, a lot of these kids are really dumb, and also pretty badly behaved. They're snobs, too, making fun of and downgrading high schools other kids plan to go to. Epiphany is good in the long run if you want your child to get into a good high school, but it's not as good as it seems. Plus, they bilk you for cash every chance they get, so if your kid can still get into the schools you want by going to a cheaper or public school, just send them there and save your money.

Epiphany Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2014
This review is for Pre-K only. We were very disappointed by the huge class size. Twenty five kids and only 1 teacher and 1 teacher's assistant. The kids are so young and little but the Pre-K teacher is not nurturing or sympathetic. As a parent we want to trust a teacher who has decades of experience but I think the decades of experience has left the teacher jaded and uncaring. It's sad to see a teacher who was probably once very good. She can't be bothered with children who don't fit the mold. She expects the children to bring classroom donations down to the classroom by themselves. If you hand her any donations, instead of saying thank you she says "okay?" Like you have inconvenienced her. If your child is a follower and does not have emotions or opinions, then they will do fine in her class. We spoke to the school psychologist about some issues our child was having and she was also unhelpful. She referred us to a place that costs several thousand dollars just for a consult.

Posted June 05, 2014
My daughter will complete Kindergarten this June at Epiphany and I am happy to report that we are extremely pleased with the overall experience. The school has a great curriculum that makes good use of the latest technologies. Additionally, each week we get a printed overview of the weekly course of study, which allows us to stay informed about what our daughter is learning each week. The school also nurtures a fun, inclusive environment where teachers and parents work together to achieve mutual goals.

Posted February 02, 2014
I love this school and am sad to graduate this year, but I will visit frequently.

Epiphany Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2013
I am a recent graduate of this cheap school. I HATED 7th and 8th grade. The teachers are 100% sexist. They treat boys a lot better than girls for no reason other than practically all of the teachers are women. I don't believe I received a quality education. Bullying is a huge issue in our school and it is NEVER addressed. All of our tests purely evaluate our memorization skills. It is ridiculous. I do not recommend this school to anyone. This school's only drive is money. There is a 70% white population. There is no diversity. Being different is not celebrated or embraced. All of the teachers point out your little mistakes. They are all nit picky. Each of the teachers have favorites in the class. I am so glad I graduated from this lazy money driven school. I honestly hope it's gotten better, though I highly doubt it has.

Epiphany Elementary School
234 East 22nd Street, New York, NY  10010
Last modified Epiphany Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8