PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My three children have/are attending this school and it is doing an amazing job with them. We are delighted with the school as an education center and a community builder.

Our daughter attended Epiphany for both Nursery and Pre-K and has grown tremendously from an academic perspective. She has loved her teachers in both years who were a mix of both strict and nurturing. Financially, the school is a gem given city-living costs. We would highly recommend this for nursery and pre-K programs.

Epiphany is everything we hoped it would be. Rigorous academics but not at the expense of a student s happiness. These kids are happy, friendly, supportive & well behaved. The teachers are professional, patient, accessible & fair.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Epiphany is everything we hoped it would be. Rigorous academics but not at the expense of a student s happiness. The director and teachers are patient, accessible, prepared & fair. I am very glad my kids go to this school.

My son has gone to this school for 8 years, and it is a good school. The teachers are overall good, the Principal is strong. My only complaint would be that while they provide extra help to kids falling behind, there is no extra challenges given to kids who can master the material. The kids my son has befriended are from very nice families. It is a great environment for the kids - they like going to school.

This is an incredible school. We join a year ago and we couldn't be more happy. Grades 4 to 8 have iPads, teachers are very professional and committed. My kids were very welcome and happy to find many friends. Epiphany kids are very polite and friendly. I am very happy to be part of this school.

I wrote a review of this school back in July, for some reason it got removed. Anyway, I went to Epiphany and graduated last June, and I had mixed feelings about it. The academics are definitely some of the best in the city. However, many things need to be changed. Most teachers are great, but some are terrible, they harass their students and make them scared in class, plus they choose favorites, of course. No one wants to go to the guidance counselor because of how harsh and off putting she is, so kids have to handle problems on their own. Even though it's a great school, the kids are not as good as they seem. Sure, they're book smart, but out of class, a lot of these kids are really dumb, and also pretty badly behaved. They're snobs, too, making fun of and downgrading high schools other kids plan to go to. Epiphany is good in the long run if you want your child to get into a good high school, but it's not as good as it seems. Plus, they bilk you for cash every chance they get, so if your kid can still get into the schools you want by going to a cheaper or public school, just send them there and save your money.

This review is for Pre-K only. We were very disappointed by the huge class size. Twenty five kids and only 1 teacher and 1 teacher's assistant. The kids are so young and little but the Pre-K teacher is not nurturing or sympathetic. As a parent we want to trust a teacher who has decades of experience but I think the decades of experience has left the teacher jaded and uncaring. It's sad to see a teacher who was probably once very good. She can't be bothered with children who don't fit the mold. She expects the children to bring classroom donations down to the classroom by themselves. If you hand her any donations, instead of saying thank you she says "okay?" Like you have inconvenienced her. If your child is a follower and does not have emotions or opinions, then they will do fine in her class. We spoke to the school psychologist about some issues our child was having and she was also unhelpful. She referred us to a place that costs several thousand dollars just for a consult.

My daughter will complete Kindergarten this June at Epiphany and I am happy to report that we are extremely pleased with the overall experience. The school has a great curriculum that makes good use of the latest technologies. Additionally, each week we get a printed overview of the weekly course of study, which allows us to stay informed about what our daughter is learning each week. The school also nurtures a fun, inclusive environment where teachers and parents work together to achieve mutual goals.

I love this school and am sad to graduate this year, but I will visit frequently.

Last modified Epiphany Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8