PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 15, 2015
My son is a 2nd generation MCHR, student and we love it. The perfect place for working families to know love and grow with your children. The faculty is very open and caring. I would recommend this school 100%.

Mount Carmel-Holy Rosary School 4

Posted September 06, 2013
My daughter is beginning her second year at MT. Carmel and we love it! She is entering the second grade and we are excited about it. The teachers are very loving and caring. The principle is nurturing and caring. I love that she knows ALL her students; from 1st to 8th grade. It is a small school with a loving and educational environment. We came from a charter school; which was good but in this school, my baby gets to learn music, arts and most importantly, she learns about God. WE ARE LOVING IT!

Posted October 14, 2012
Fantastic school! Our daughter is in the PK-3 program and we've been very impressed with the principal, the teacher and the program. Love how they take early childhood education so seriously! In addition to regular instruction, our 3-year-old's class also has weekly lessons with an art teacher and a music teacher. What's more the after-school program also has small group piano lessons at a pretty reasonable rate! The school was recommended to us by a friend and we feel very fortunate to have found it!

Mount Carmel-Holy Rosary School 1

Posted September 03, 2012
I love this school, but the student body is very bad. The students are very rude and do not know how to respect one another. They're always picking on someone and are ALWAYS CURSING! but the teachers never seem to notice for some reason! So many bullies in this school.. and even if you tell the teacher or principal, all they do is give you a talk and call your parents. Even after that, the bullies still roam the school being rude.. I feel like the staff don't really care about what goes on.

Posted November 11, 2010
My daughter is currently in Kindergarten and she is doing extemely well. She first attended MCHR in Pre-K 4 when Pre-k 3 and 4 were together. This year they have separate classes which is really great. i would wholeheartedly recommend this school. The reason I choose this school was because at an early age my daughter showed interest in music and dancing. The principal Mrs Kaczynski is a wonderful prinicipal. My daughter's Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Villa is fabulous and she genuinly cares about the students. She does great projects with the kids and my daughter loves learning. My daughter recently told me that she wants to be a teacher just like Mrs. Villa.

Posted November 12, 2008
The school's principal Mrs. kaczynski is top-notch! She is an absolutely wonderful principal who loves her students and staff, treats the parents with fairness, encourages her children to strive for the best and has created an atmosphere for learning and demands student high achievement. I recommend this school to everyone who desires a quality education for their children. Go see Mrs. Kaczynski or Ms. Frances, school secretry who is excellent.

Posted July 29, 2008
My son attended this school last year for Kindergarten. He loved it there and his teacher, Ms Seltun was very patient with him and myself. The school has a lot of wonderful programs and the principal has done a great job with keeping the kids in line. The only problem that I had with the school was the willingness to get more academic programs pushed. They pushed the Music and Dance programs more. Even though still it is a great school and I am saddened that my son will not be attending next year since we moved out of state. If you are looking for a great elementary school, this is it!

Posted July 14, 2008
I have been a student of this school for many years now and I feel that this is an excellent school because their are many after school programs that help students strive for success.

Mount Carmel-Holy Rosary School

Posted April 17, 2008
My son is in Kindergarten and this school is wonderful. His teacher has so much patience with him seeming he has ADHD and he has learned to calm down in class with her clever tactics to keep him in his seat. It is a close-knit family oriented school and I will be saddened when I have to take my son out due to us moving . The principal andd staff are great and really keep the children in check and make them strive for perfection! I highly recomend this coll.

Posted February 02, 2008
i have been going to this school for many years and have no complant. with a strict hand they teach your child discipline and catholic values

Mount Carmel-Holy Rosary School
371 Pleasant Avenue, New York, NY  10035
Last modified Mount Carmel-Holy Rosary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8