PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 23, 2014
This is an amazing school I am in the school. I enjoy the school very much. The teachers are nice. The students not to much I just keep my distance,but I like. So I recommend this school very much.

Posted September 19, 2011
I am commenting on the review form the parent posting on June 21. I am the principal of St. Brigid and I feel that we are responsible as a school to notify parents in advance that their child is not meeting standards. At the March report card, if the child continues ot struggle this is a sign they may not be meeting the requiremnts for the next grade. We offer a summer program here but in no way is it mandatory and many of our children take summer classes eslewehere even free at the local public school. So in no way are we putting money first. This parent was with us only one year, and he is not up to speed in math. It is sad that she wrote this about our school because of her frustration. We beieve in havign al our students be successful and work very hard to supply them with the skills necessary for high shcool and college.

St. Brigid School 2

Posted June 21, 2011
After being in the school for one year this is my observation...Some of the teachers are very involved with the kids, however, this pales when it appears that the main focus of the school is money. Many parents were told 3 months before the end of the school year that their kids were failing math or english(1st-7th grade) and that summer school was recommended...for a hefty fee of course. I am so disappointed, that an institution that is founded on the principles of Christ is lying to trusting parents...and making the kids feel dumb. Deceitful strategies like this are sinful and preys upon parents that want the best education for their kids, so they become oblivious to such deception. Again, I was impressed with some of the teachers and the principals knowledge of all the kids, but I will not be fooled but surface behavior. For these reasons I am departing from St. Brigid.

Posted October 12, 2010
It offers a wonderful education in an area that ofetn doesn't have great opportunities for children. The teachers are warma dn friendly; and they immediately make you and your child fell a part of the family.

Posted September 15, 2009
I love St. Brigid School. The principal and the teachers are always concern about the students. The teachers know every child by their first name and that makes the transition from one grade to the next a great experience for the students. They welcome new students with open arms. The are always new activities and events that the students love and enjoy. It is a great school.

St. Brigid School 4

Posted March 10, 2008
I am also a former student & St. Brigid was a great experience. I attended from 3rd to 8th grade. When I have children I want them to attend a school just as good.

Posted February 04, 2008
this school has had a great impact on me and I really enjoyed my stay

Posted February 04, 2008
I am a former student and all the time that I attended at St. Brigid, the teachers are very strict but all of my graduating class moved on and went to great expectations!!

Posted August 26, 2003
I am a graduate of this school. St. brigid is a wonderful learnning institution! As a student, I thought it as rough and unfair. As a graduate, I can say this school molds its students to be ready for the future. I take great pride that my daughter will be starting 2nd grade there this year.

St. Brigid School 4

Posted August 10, 2003
This school highly encourages parental involvement and strict compliance with it's rules. This sets the stage for fine learning within stringent guidelines. The principal is involved in every stage and knows each child by first name. At first, I thought they were too strict (after all, they're just children), but after seeing the results on my own children compared to others, I thank the school for the wonderful job they've done. Highly recommended!

438 Grove Street, New York, NY  11237