/ School Profile

Posted June 18, 2014
It is very easy to blame the teachers, the principal, and the administration for ones own shortcomings. Parents' must participate in their children's education. Homework is on the web with specific information about the child and parents must look at it daily to ensure that their child is doing well. Saint Adalbert school has a very high passing rate for state exams. The tuition is affordable, the education is excellent and it is a nurturing place to bring your child to.

Posted February 04, 2014
St. Adalbert is a wonderful Catholic school. The Faculty and Administration are very professional and courteous. The school has small classes so children get individualized attention. "Option C" is a useful tool that helps parents keep up with their child's homework. The tuition is very reasonable; most importantly, the religious education is superior.

Posted May 31, 2013
The teachers work very hard to know each students' strengths and weaknesses and to adjust their teaching methods to the students. There is NEVER a time that teachers disrespect or demean the students. If anything, there are some rotten apples, students, parents, who ruin it for the whole. They are highly disrespectful to the teachers, staff, and administration and then expect respect themselves! Incredible! Give respect to get it in return! All the teachers are caring and respectful. The upper grade teachers truly care for their students and look out for them. The teachers are more than qualified but choose to remain in a small school that they feel is home! Booooo to those who bash St. A's. they must have been the issues!

Posted April 08, 2013
This school is wonderful. I can't say enough good things about the education, the religious and moral teaching, the teachers and last but certainly not least, the principal. Unfortunately, we had to move. We relocated out of the city to an area where the public schools are said to be excellent, but am finding them to be no comparison. I wish we could go back.

St Adalbert Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2013
This school was one of the worst experiences of my life. It was always cold, one time they told everyone to go get their jackets from the closets. The principal was to cheap to pay for substitute teachers so she would come sit in the teachers chair and not teach just hand us a worksheet puzzle. The money we give them apparently wasn't going to the school considering the fact 2 windows had fallen on two students. Did not like this school.

Posted August 06, 2012
I found St. Adalberts to be a reasonable and affordable alternative to Public School One poster asked where the money is going...that question needs to be asked of Public Schools. St. Adalbert's tuition is approximately 4K a year. Currently, the Public School system which is failing dismally spends at least 21k per year per student and the students are still failing. St. Adalbert's students ranked I belive above 90 percent passing on State Exams AND they don't just require their students pass the State Exams, they require their students actually are accountable and pass classes. The Public School system simply passes students along, and we are finding more and more our Public School H.S. graduates have to take remedial courses, they're not even prepared. I am happy I decided to send my child to St. Adalberts. I believe my child had quality instruction, dedicated teachers and exceptional leadership. I would recommend any parent who is concerned about a quality education as well as a safe and emotionally nurturing environment send their child to St. Adalberts. ~A parent

St Adalbert Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2012
Terrible school, the education is below most school, with teachers who give good grades because they are too lazy too actually look at an assignment. In the seventh and eighth grade ELA, we read books and learned nothing from them. There is no AC so it tends to be colder outside in the summer, even if it is 100 degrees. Tuition is expensive, and so are uniforms, but what they do with the money is unknown, as there are close to no field trips or fun activities. Teachers hardly actually do any teaching and even play favorites, punishing kids without proof that they actually did anything. And all "advanced" classes mean is that you get about 5 more homework questions than regular classes. Wasted my time because I hardly learned anything.

Posted June 13, 2012
I am a NYC Public school teacher and I can tell you that I did not hesistate to send my son to St. Adalbert. From the administrative staff to the teachers, afterschool personnel and the Principal, Sister Kathleen, everyone worked with my son to ensure that he would have a productive, nurturing and learning environment. That these days is so difficult to find. I am teacher who has the privilege of teaching 3 students who have graduated from St. A's and their abilities and respect for education made my choice even easier.

Posted December 15, 2011
I suspect the three negative comments are trolls. While they may have had a bad experience, in thier personal past with other administration they now appear to have a personal vendetta - the current administration from as best as I can gather are committed, understanding and supportive. Sr. Kathleen takes a personal interest in EVERY student in her school. My son left Public School in a state of near trauma due to bullying that was uncorrected in the Public School. Sr. Kathleen has made my son and EVERY child in her school a priority, she is compassionate, empathetic but also insists that students be accountable - something that is sorely missing not only in school but in many homes today as well. I give St. A's an EXCELLENT rating and would have no problem referring ANYONE to send their child there. That is not to negate any pain one may feel due to an experience one may have had in their past; however it is equally abusive to sabotage opportunity for other children due to personal misgivings. There are other ways to seek justice; however, don't poison the whole barrel, hold those specifically responsible accountable. Otherwise, it's slander.

St Adalbert Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2011
I planed to send my child to this school this May. I went to this school and met with the principal and few teachers, however, I was so disappointed. The principal is horrible and the education system is way behind other schools. I decided not to send my child to this school. Please save your money and time.

St Adalbert Elementary School
52-17 83rd Street, New York, NY  11373
Last modified St Adalbert Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Adalbert Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top