/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted May 10, 2012
I have one child who graduated St.Margaret, one still there and one entering. I am so very happy with everything the school has to offer. The Principal is fantastic! He is hands-on, thinking of new and exciting ways to have the children excited about their education. He has implemented new clubs into to school , Junior-Beta Society, Golf, Math club, Spanish, Drama and so much more. As a teacher myself, I look for certain things in a child's education and St.Margaret's has everything. My children are safe, happy, and smart. They don't suffer the stress that public school children have. I adore being an educator and watching children learn and grow, its upsetting when you see them nervous and frightened about a State exam and knowing it will decide if they pass or fail for the year. With the Public School System adding test after test, I am grateful that my children attend St.Margaret's and will never be subject to such anxiety!

Posted May 02, 2012
St. Margaret School has been a great experience for us. Our child has been attending this school for ten years, one more to go. She has had wonderful, experienced teachers and the opportunity to do many things. The school offers many sports; after school clubs where the students interact with one another in small groups; a school band where they can pick an instrument of their choice and learn not just how to play but read music. It also offers membership into honor clubs. If you want to learn, everything is possible.

Posted March 04, 2012
St. Margaret's is a great place to send your children. The teachers are experienced and professional, and the principal is involved and continually reaches out to the parents. There are plenty of after-school activities - including basketball, track, band, science club, math club, the Junior Beta Honor Society, Italian and twirling. My two children love going to St. Margaret's. Definitely consider it for your children if you live in Middle Village or nearby.

Posted February 29, 2012
I feel St. Margaret is a school where good things are happening. The teachers are experienced and provide a nurturing, warm learning environment for the students. This past September a new principal, Dr. Franco, came to us and is breathing a breathe of fresh air into the school. He is bringing back the sense of community and open communication that the prior administration was lacking. As an alum of St. Margaret, I can confidently recommend it to anyone who is searching for a quality, Catholic education for their children. I encourage you to go and check it out for yourself.

Posted February 28, 2012
My child has been attending St.Margaret for six years. There were many issues in the past that needed to be addressed, but with our new principal in charge we have seen a tremendous change. He is a caring individual with great ideas, and the parents feel like the school is whole again. The teachers are dedicated and each student is taken care of with the best interest for the child. I highly recommend this school not only for the christian values it represents, but also for the best education you will receive by being here. I am a proud and involved parent with the school and definitely give it a thumbs up!

Posted February 27, 2012
St. Margaret School is a wonderful elementary school. I have two daughters, my older daughter graduated from Saint Margaret, two years ago and she was accepted to every high school which she applied for and decided to go to Stuyvesant High School. She was very blessed to have great faculty which gave her the desire to try her best to succeed both academically and personally. My second daughter is in the 3rd grade and she loves the school. She loves her teacher and she is doing very well academically and learning social skills with wonderful friends who share the same desire to do well in life. For a period of two years the school hired a new principal who had great strength in finance which at the time was necessary to put our school finances in order, but her bedside manners were not the greatest and many parent disliked her. Since September a new principal came into the picture and brought enthusiasm, knowledge, care and a loving personality and it is working very well. Saint Margaret School is the place to be if you would like your child to have great education in a Catholic atmosphere.

Posted February 25, 2012
St. Margaret School is back in a very big way. Our new principal is warm, outgoing, and instills a family atmosphere that is very much appreciated by parents, students, and faculty alike. The administration and faculty members are attentive to parental concerns. St. Margaret School offers students not only strong academics but teaches Christian values as well. I am very happy with my decision to send my children to St. Margaret School.

Posted February 25, 2012
St. Margaret School is truly a wonderful elementary school. Since September we have had a new principal who has done a great job of bringing the loving, community feeling back to our school. The previous principal did a great job of putting our financials in order, but lacked in school spirit. St. Margaret has had experienced, loving teachers all along and now has improved its Math Department, so all is good. The families I've met there are very good people with the same values we have. Our children go to class with a terrific group of children and are very happy at St. Margaret. If someone is looking for a loving environment run by an experienced, caring staff where a child can excel scholastically as well as build strong values, St. Margaret is without a doubt the school to send your child to.

St Margaret School 4

Posted February 25, 2012
St. Margarert has gone through many changes throughout the years. I am an alumni of St. Margaret and send my children to St. Margaret. St. Margaret is still the right choice in comparison to the other schools in the area. In September 2011, St. Margaret has had a new principal that has brought many positive changes. The morale and enrollment has gone up. I will feel very sad when my children graduate from St. Margaret.

Posted February 25, 2012
I went to St. Margaret and I loved it. I learned values that I want my kids to also learn which is why they now attend St. Margaret. The school has gone through some changes and now there is a new principal who has brought back the old values and the true spirit of St. Margaret.

St Margaret School