9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 06, 2015
My son is a sophomore at Cathedral. I can't say enough about this wonderful school. It truly is a family. Students are respectful and disciplined. Every morning the President Fr. Fonti is at the front door greeting every young man as they enter the school. The student teacher ratio is excellent. Your son is not just a number here. Student and faculty all know one another. And every student is valued. It is an exceptional school.

Posted January 19, 2014
I graduated from Cathedral Prep in 2011 and I loved it. The environment was great, the staff is amazing and I made lots of friends I'm still close to. I arrived there in 2007 when Mr. Diaz was just a teacher and saw him move up to vice-principal in my final year and to principal after I graduated. The school is very good to the alumni, as I have been back to observe classes for my college field work in education. While at the school I was on the speech team and student council all four years. I was also on the NHS and the head secretary of the NHS as a whole in the school. I had an amazing experience and hope to maybe teach there one day. CK

Posted October 30, 2013
I am so glad my son decided to go to Cathedral . It is the best school for him , near to our home ,with excellent teachers and great parents who care about the school activities and are always ready to help. The new principal Mr Diaz is great and down to earth . Having great teachers who care about their students it is very important. We are small school but with big heart. If you have to think about a male school have as a first choice Cathedral Preparatory you will be glad.

Posted September 21, 2011
I graduated from Cathedral Prep over 20 years ago, and I still count many Cathedral faculty and other alumni among my closest friends. This school was amazing (and still is). The rigors of student life were not easy, however, as many other students left before graduating. That being said, the ones who "made it" were excellent students and have gone on to do some amazing things in life, some within the priesthood, many as laypersons. I must say that the academics required at Cathedral made my later years in college and grad school a breeze.

Posted June 27, 2011
My son graduated June 1, 2011. What I like about the school is the small class size that the teachers really know each student and even the rector /principal knows each student by name. My son was given a well rounded education by excellent teachers, guided and molded spiritually by priests and teachers. As a member of the National Honor's Society,he improved his leadership skills, as a member of the Forensic's Club, he gained confidence in public speaking since he is a quiet child, and community service makes him more civic minded and become a better member of society. I am really thankful for the 4 years my son spent in Cathedral Prep. I know the 4 years of education given to him by the faculty and staff of Cathedral Preparatory Seminary prepared him spiritually, educationally and mentally for the rigors of college and future endeavors. Thank you Cathedral Preparatory Seminary- rector/ principal, administration, priest, teachers and staff for helping my son developed a well rounded personality!

Posted January 20, 2007
My son is currently a sophomore in the honors program. The class size and the devoted faculty set the students up for success. Teachernet helps keep the lines of communications open. My son is maturing and growing spiritually and academically. Students are asked to be open minded and to accept God's will for them they are not forced into the priesthood. My son is guided and encouraged to be the best Catholic gentleman he can be. The faculty is honest, supportive, and they understand teenage boys. They have reasonable expectations of students. The school offers honors and regular classes. Incoming students and parents are concerned about Latin. Faculty assistance before and after school is available. Tutoring with National Honor Society Members also available. Your son will succeed if he makes the effort. Excellent school! Wonderful nurturing environment. Tons of extracurricular activities and sports.

Posted May 19, 2006
I went to Cathedral for all four years of High School and I have to say that it was one of the best choices in my life. The teachers were amazing that they really care about you. The small class sizes make learning more fun and interesting.

Posted December 23, 2005
My years at Catherdal went very fast. I had such a great time. The faculty was great. They were very spportive and helped in anyway they can. I made many friends in which I still keep in touch with. The academics was awesome. I learned a lot and was opened up to different cultural things. I also enjoyed the religious aspect. It made me really think about the priesthood and if it was something that God was calling me to do. I suggest Cathedral to all my students. I will never forget the memories.

Cathedral Prep Seminary
56-25 92nd Street, New York, NY  11373
Last modified Cathedral Prep Seminary is a Private school that serves grades 9-12