/ School Profile

St Lukes School 5

Posted January 16, 2010

St Lukes School 5

Posted September 02, 2008
I went to St. Luke's for 10 years. Throughout the lower school, it is almost an ideal school. However, in the Upper School, it begins to feel a little bit too small. There is no doubt I received a great education during my 10 years at St. Luke's. It is very structured and very rigorous- especially in 7th and 8th grade. My graduating class got into some of the best NYC high schools, and we were all very happy with our final decisions. The best part about St. Luke's, hands down, is the Upper School head, Lyn Spyropolous. As cliche as it sounds, my 10 years at SLS have made me not only a very good student, but a great person. All of my teachers were extremely helpful- especially at making sure that I make a smooth transition into high school. Without St. Luke's, I don't know who I would be.

St Lukes School 4

Posted December 29, 2007
My son is in his sixth year at St. Luke's (4th Grade) and his experience has been very positive. Since there is only one class to a grade, the culture of the school is very intimate and nurturing. It is an Episcopal school and curriculum is informed by its faith based traditions without feeling like a 'religous' school. The school is situated on a lovely campus with an enclosed garden. However its gym facilities are limited due to space. Bart Baldwin - the head of school is fantastic. One point to keep in mind, the school does not have the resources to assist children with pronounced learning issues. I've noticed that these children are usually advised to transfer elsewhere (although the school does help with this process).

St Lukes School