K-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son has attended Churchill since kindergarten and is currently in 7th grade. I've been very happy with the individualized support he has received. Churchill is a great school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers provide individualized help based on my sons strengths and challenges. They truly care.

Excellent school provides personalized individual care & attention for each student. My son has special needs and I couldn't find a NYC public school that could cater to him and nurture him like Churchill does.

Lots of superior attitude from Head of School in particular with not much to back it up. Don't expect your child to get any individual attention if he/she has a disability that is not pure dyslexia. In addition if your child is bright or high functioning be prepared to hear frequently that they are dealing with kids with "real problems" . A huge amount of everyone time's goes into the kids that seem to have problems that are beyond the scope of the school which tells you it is the Harvard of LD schools. The school started out with so much potential but the last 5 years it has just been lurching along.

It's been a pretty good experience this year, but every time I'm in the hallway there seems to be at least one crisis situation unfolding. If this is a school for LD kids then why do I keep hearing screaming and yelling "I hate you!" and "I'm going to kill myself!" And to top it off, administrator is standing in the next classroom chatting away instead of handling it. Each grade seems to have at least one kid with severe emotional problems and each year it seems to get worse. My kid has enough trouble focusing without the constant circus. We've looked elsewhere but it's all too expensive or far away, so unless he can mainstream we'll put up with it.

My son has been attending Churchill since the 3rd grade. He is currently in the 6th grade and doing wonderfullly. He is thriving and educationally and socially and we couldn't ask for a better school. His teachers are caring and truly want to bring out the best in the students. We were not accepted our first attempt to apply, but didn't let that discourage us and applied again the next year and got in!!!! Churchill's record speaks for itself and there is always a waiting list for students trying to enroll. I feel like I won the lottery.

Churchill is a miraculous place. Every child should be so lucky as to have the personalized attention that the students at Churchill receive. The teacher student ratio is a big part of the equation but the level of commitment from the entire staff and faculty is like nothing I have ever experienced as a parent of 3, in 3 different schools or as a teacher myself. The whole child is nurtured at Churchill and students are taught to advocate for themselves. I couldn't be happier with the change I've see in my child over the last 3 years of being at Churchill. We are very blessed to have a place like this for our child with LD.

Churchill - rudest admissions in NYC. Having gone through the extensive and stressful application process for a child with special needs and dealt with helpful, friendly, compassionate people at so many NYC schools, I was shocked and appalled at how rude the head of admissions was at Churchill. Shameful.

*saved my life ugghh see don't send your kid there. they'll never learn to spell or proper syntax I'm telling you man the high school's a joke

Churchill is a fabulous place to send your child to school/daycare. My daughter attended school there since she was 2. She was in the daycare room part-time and the preschool when she was 3 and 4. The staff are all wonderful and very loving. They truely care about the childrens needs. I was extremely happy with the quality of education and the marvelous teachers. I am speaking not only as a parent, but as a teacher of special needs children as well. I have worked with several students in the preschool. The teachers are terrific about accomodating the individual needs of the children (with disabilities) and open to helping the children in every way possible.

Last modified The Churchill School and Center is a Private school that serves grades K-12