/ School Profile

St Hilda's & St Hugh's School 1

Posted August 28, 2013
The administration/teaching staff are not experienced in managing students with special needs, including gifted but needing social/emotional development support. Unlike most private schools and all NYC public schools, SHSH does not have a staff social worker, psychologist or learning specialist (except an in-house remedial reading aide). The school is "open" to accommodating in-class resources parents provide (paid by family) but isn't equipped to offer professional guidance on how to identify needs and source related services. SHSH does not independently assess qualifications of resources brought into the school by parents (or conduct/require background checks), yet will add to their referral list. Much too late I found that SHSH wasn't a good fit for my child and they handled the transition in a very awful, unprofessional way. Fortunately a new school with experienced administrators, caring teachers and seasoned professionals have helped my child regain her love of learning. If you want your child to learn in a diverse environment that can support special needs, either for your child, or to teach your child empathy for others, SHSH may not be the place for your family.

St Hilda's & St Hugh's School 1

Posted November 17, 2012
Head master seems more interested in fundraising and expanding school than in dealing with individual students. The school has no learning specialist to deal with children who have advanced or remedial needs. They expect you to bring one in at your own expense...and many families do. Some faculty are great but others are just mediocre or worse. This school was a great disappointment for my family.

Posted September 20, 2011
Hi i am one of the students at St.Hildas and i was just trying to get to the school website when i found this review. Our school completely deserves five stars! I have learned so much from my teachers and i have learned so much from just being in an area where we all get along. I am in that band you mention. It is alot of fun and again I have learned so much. We go on lots of field trips in my school so we get exposure to museums and historical places that we would otherwise not get. I am in 6th grade and i am enjoying it and i cannot wait for more!

Posted June 16, 2011
I absolutely love this school. I have been a parent since 2002, and every year I am impressed all over again.

Posted October 05, 2010
Our daughter is in her second year at St Hilda's. We could not be happier. The academics are rigorous, but the atmosphere is supportive and cherishes each child. The facilities are also top-notch and focus resources on the younger children, unlike many schools which extend though 12th grade.

Posted April 03, 2010

St Hilda's & St Hugh's School 2

Posted February 18, 2010

Posted February 16, 2010

St Hilda's & St Hugh's School 2

Posted August 15, 2009

St Hilda's & St Hugh's School 0

Posted July 27, 2009
Thee best school in New York if you like a little old school education mixed in with the new school. We LOVE IT!

St Hilda's & St Hugh's School
619 West 114th Street, New York, NY  10025
(212) 932-1980
Last modified St Hilda's & St Hugh's School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Hilda's & St Hugh's School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top