/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted October 30, 2008
its really a wonderful school, the teachers teach in a way that honestly anyone can understand, its just great

Posted September 17, 2008
Grace is a wonderful school, especially in the early years. It is one of the only schools in NYC to have a separate building with its own roof playground just for the JK and K classes. They believe in nurturing the whole child & you see this in how they consciously build connections between the students - the older students act as book buddies or guide them thru school events. different grades sit together at lunch, etc. Apparently they are going to add a high school in the future but I personally feel it is good for kids to try a new place after 10 years.

Posted August 27, 2008
Grace is such a special thing to me for a few reasons. all of the kids are so genuinely friendly and down to earth. The teachers really take the time to get to know you, and normally succeed. there are small grades, so everybody is practically family. Not that at times I dont like school, but who doesnt? comparing Grace to so many other schools I know about, I think it is the best learning enviorment to grow up in.

Posted December 03, 2007

Posted December 02, 2005
- a former student
I graduated from Grace a few years ago and I still find it hard to believe I'm gone. Now that I'm at boarding school, its tough to stay in touch. Somehow, through Grace, I'm still so connected to everyone from my grade and we're still best friends. High school is only four years, while I was at Grace for 9. My varsity softball team in 8th grade was undefeated in the private schools league. I couldn't wait for Thursdays because of advisory, and Wednesdays because of Electives. I took Japanese for three years, and it helped me later in school. Grace got me so advanced in Spanish, and it helped me take sophomore and junior spanish classes when I was a freshman. I can see myself staying friends with my Grace friends for life. I wouldn't change my experiences there for anything.

Grace Church School 4

Posted October 04, 2005
A very warm and nurturing environment where students can always find support if needed. Very strong emphasis on ethics and community service.

Grace Church School