/ School Profile
New York, NY

Bank Street School for Children 1

Posted March 01, 2014
This is quite honestly a hoax of a school. They fancy themselves as the Chicago lab school and fail on multiple counts. Worse yet is the communication from admin. Example, our child has been in crisis. Told the mom pre Christmas and we assume attorneys in jan said hey did anyone call dad? They didn't. Only after calling dad did counseling occur for child. If you write the actual check, that's what matters. Won't waste your time on the failure of the academics. Grade:F

Posted October 23, 2013
I am a 6th grader at Bank Street. This school is great. It has all diversity. They focus on school work and also after school activity. This school is the best private school in New York . I am planning to go to Beacon. I really hope I can. Lastly, Bank Street helps a lot with education. You learn a lot, and gain smartness.

Posted July 30, 2013
Bank Street offers a deep education based on observation, inquiry, and a profound respect for the social world and environment. Because the fundamentals of language and mathematical thinking are instilled in such a thorough, developmentally sound fashion, the children are ultimately use these building blocks to think with real sophistication and creativity. This has been an excellent education for my child!

Posted October 11, 2012
Bank Street is an absolutely incredible place, and the experiences and values I have gained there will continue to resinate with me throughout the rest of my life. This past year (June 2012), I graduated from Bank Street, and I'm currently continuing my education at Friends Seminary. After my 10 years spent at Bank Street, it has truly become a home to me. The people in this school are charming, kind, interesting, and over just wonderful to be with. Friendships have formed at Bank Street that will last a lifetime. Nothing can ever compare to Bank Street, as it stands proud and tall as a unique environment where every student it made to feel confident and comfortable with who they are. It's now 4 months after my graduation, and I cannot express to you how much I long for just one more day in this sacred place. Bank Street is a fantastic place for physical, intelectual, and emotional growth. I can only hope that you take these things to heart as you choose a school.

Posted April 04, 2012
I have kids in both the lower and middle school at Bank Street and we have found it to be a supportive and inclusive community - sincerely committed to the joy of learning, social justice and the "whole child" It is a unique place in the NY private school world. Bank Street is really "child centered" with social/emotional growth valued along with academics. As a result, the school turns out happy kids who love to go to school - without the anxious stomach aches that I observe in the children of friends at other schools. Bank Street has only gotten better under the leadership of the impressive new Dean, Alexis Wright. In short, Bank Street kids are given the gift of a supported happy childhood, but are also prepped to go onward - ending up at wonderful secondary schools. There is fantastic outplacement: top NYC public high schools (Stuyvesant, Bronx Science) day schools (Dalton, Fieldston, Riverdale) AND boarding schools (Andover, Hotchkiss). Top colleges follow as well. A special place.

Bank Street School for Children 2

Posted November 23, 2011
My son entered this school in 3rd grade--the school did nothing to acclimate him academically, and as a new parent I felt the parent body is quite clique-y, as well as extremely affluent. This renders the atmosphere not as diverse as they claim to be in my opinion. There is also no transportation to and from the school. My son's classroom teacher was not friendly, and quite a strict workhorse (she gave my son 3 hours of homework on Halloween). All in all, I wish we had never enrolled. The electives are good, and the hot lunch program in outstanding...but none of this justifies the astronomical tuition. They talk a lot about the 'whole child' except I've seen none of this in reality.

Bank Street School for Children 1

Posted October 22, 2011
only go here if you are entering at preschool, not any later. this is because if you come to bankstreet late you are immediatley labeled as a social outcast. from a very observant teacher

Bank Street School for Children 0

Posted March 29, 2010
I attended Bank Street for eight years. It was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot. Going to a private school opened a lot of doors for me. Bank Street helped me get into a good private high school.

Bank Street School for Children 4

Posted September 01, 2009
I have gone to this school for eight years and must imply the excellence of it education. The teachers are some of the greatest I have in countered.

Posted February 15, 2009
Bank Street is a fabulous school with a vibrant atmosphere. I have had a great time here, enjoying the attention and the community. I do warn that one should be prepared about the High School process. It can be long and stressful, and sometimes very dissapointing.

Bank Street School for Children
610 W 112th St, New York, NY  10025
Last modified Bank Street School for Children is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Bank Street School for Children Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top