/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted February 01, 2014
The Spence volleyball team just had a perfect, 23-0 season. Just sayin' As parents, we love everything about the school, especially the head, Bodie Brizendine.

Posted November 03, 2013
I love Spence. A) The teachers are all experts in their fields, most have doctorates, and have graduated from some of the best schools in the country (Ex. yale, harvard) B) They all really love what they do. They are all so excited and ecstatic to teach. They walk into the classroom joyously and cause their students to become enthusiastic about the subject and eager to learn. C) They really care about their students. If a student isn't doing so well in the class, the teacher will invite them to meet with him/her and discuss why she is having trouble in this subject and then try to fix it. If needed, a student and teacher might meet during lunch once or twice a week so that the teacher makes sure that the student understand the material fully. If a student is having trouble understanding some of the concepts of the subject (Ex. essays, or a math concept), the teacher will encourage them to meet with him/her and will help them. D) the facilities are amazing now that they have been renovated. E)The homework load is a bit much but it's not unmanageable. It teaches time management and prepares the student for higher learning. If you are a prospective student, I would recommend Spence

Posted May 16, 2013
"Not for school, but for life we learn"... Spence is a wonderful school, with tremendous academics, top notch facilities, and outstanding teachers. The Spence community is tight knit, graduates remain involved, and the teachers remember the girls years after they have moved on. I have many fond memories of my years at Spence, I enjoy being an active alumnae, and I hope that my daughter will be a Spence girl in the future.

Posted March 23, 2010
The teachers are passionate about what they do and it shows with the excellent academic record of the school!!!

The Spence School 0

Posted March 05, 2010
I think what is great about this school is the staff who is so embracing and helpful. I am a potential parent who had some concerns and the individual I spoke to allay my fears and instructed me what to do. This school ranks high on my list

The Spence School 1

Posted March 03, 2010

Posted March 01, 2010
Great academics, teachers, parent body and nurturing environment for the children!!!

Posted November 10, 2009
A wonderful school where the girls love to learn.

The Spence School 0

Posted October 10, 2009
I love Spence because the teachers are so warm and welcoming. They really want you to do well and encourage you to ask any and all questions and meet with them.

Posted October 10, 2009