/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted April 25, 2013
Rodeph Sholom School is a wonderful school, both academically and community wise. Not only is there an intelectual academic program, but the nurturing and experiential environment has allowed me to succeed in all 12 years I have been here.

Posted November 03, 2009
Rodeph Sholom School is a truly special place. I was a parent at the school for 12 years until my last child graduated. It was an incredible experience, and my children will always be Rodeph Sholom students at heart. It's way more than a school, it's a home and a community that you can always run to. The teachers teach not only academics like at other schools, but life lessons, and how to be a good human being. I'm sad to say my children are disappointed with their new schools in comparison to Rodeph Sholom because of how amazing it was. I recommend it to any parent looking for a truly fantastic school.

Posted April 28, 2008

Posted September 14, 2007
rss is the best place ever!!!!! i have been going here for 10 yrs and i dont want to leave!! it is my second home...

Posted October 25, 2006
My child started Kindergarten at Rodeph Sholom about seven weeks ago. I was very skeptical about sending him to a private religion-affiliated school beforehand, but we are impressed and delighted. The teachers are smart, dynamic, engaged and thoughtful. The facilities are clean, bright and new. So far, so good.

Rodeph Sholom School 3

Posted June 14, 2006

Posted January 18, 2006
This is an exceptional, unique reform jewish day school, delivering a top quality education in both academic and religious subjects. The children are actively engaged in learning, and involved in religious studies, at very high levels. The school is part of a warm religious community but the focus is on a balanced spiritual and educational life. Teaching is affirmative and supportive, and individual strengths and weaknesses are encouraged and addressed respectively. The administrative and teaching staff go out of their way to ensure a safe and secure educational environment. For parents looking for a sound academic base plus religious school, this is a wonderful and unique option.

Rodeph Sholom School 1

Posted November 24, 2005
I was extremly dissapointed with the Rodeph Sholom School. My children often told me that the school was dirty, the teachers were mean/unhelpful and the school didn't seem to care. I can't believe i paid over 20,000 dollars a year for this! Parents: Do not send your kids to this school! Try somewhere else!

Rodeph Sholom School 1

Posted November 24, 2005
- a former student
I went to this school for over 10 years. Everything was fine until the school decided to create a Middle School. The elementary school was great, the middle school was not. The middle school teachers were not helpful, mean, and simply not friendly. When high school applications came, the school didn't do much to help kids get into the school they wanted. Many of my classmates (including me) were dissapointed. Overall i would not reccommend this school, try somewhere else.

Posted April 25, 2005
My experience at RSS has been wonderful. My 4 year old went through the Mommy & Me, 2s and 3s program. In all three years she has had caring, nuturing and thought provoking teachers. The PTA is very strong and supportive. All the families that I have gotten to know have a high standard for their children's education and place morals and values as a top priority. This is the perfect place for the family who wants a great overall education with a focus in Jewish studies.

Rodeph Sholom School