/ School Profile
New York, NY
Students enrolled: 1,300
Before care: Yes

Posted August 25, 2012
I was accepted into the Dalton School, and am starting my Dalton education this September. But, once I entered that school to think bout applying, I knew this school was just right for me. Their academics seem to be rigorous, and I feel that there is a big sense of community, much like there was at the program through which I am entering Dalton, Prep For Prep. After getting accepted into Dalton, I spent a day there, and the students are really curious, and they were really friendly and kind to me. I was surprised because this had not happened during my 1st day at the public school I attended. The teachers were amazing, and they were very willing and happy to answer a question a student had. Everyone is extremely nice. I am really looking forward to attending Dalton in the fall!!! -Marco Paz-Solano

Posted December 17, 2011
I graduated from this school and I loved it. I am very smart.The teachers are awesome.I would recomend this school to everyone in New York.

Posted June 25, 2010
I started at Dalton in kindergarten and just graduated a few weeks ago, and I can honestly say that it was an amazing experience. The faculty (well, most of them) are brilliant, engaging, and insightful, and are always willing to help you or challgenge you when you need it. The school is undoubtedly slanted toward the humanities (History and English are definitely the best departments in the high school), but no matter what your interests and abilities are, if you pick the right classes you will be challenged and you will learn A LOT. In high school you can make your schedule as heavy or as light as you want (within certain boundaries, of course), depending on how many extracurriculars you do and how much down time you want, and in this respect Dalton is great at letting each student direct the course of his/her education.

Posted December 24, 2009
I go to dalton and i couldn't be happier. It is balanced so well!!!

Dalton School 0

Posted November 07, 2009
The Dalton School is wonderful because it teaches you alot, and the work is not too hard. Ruth Simon

Posted July 13, 2009
Excellent school due to the amazing faculty, who are always more than ready to help. If you want to do something, you can get it done here. If a student wants to do nothing... well, he/she can do that too.

Dalton School 4

Posted June 12, 2009

Posted January 12, 2009

Posted January 09, 2009
Dalton is amazing! I've been attending this school since kindergarten, and leaving has never crossed my mind. Every type of student is accepted here, from the Model UN boy, to the actress, to the computer science lover. I've never felt uncomfortable around my teachers or the administration, and both are always extremely friendly and great! besides all this, the academics are superb. Though at times the work load can become stressful, your teachers are always there to support you. There is no better learning atmosphere or school in the world.

Posted December 05, 2008
Not only does Dalton offer the best educational program, but I personally know kids in almost all of the other competing private schools, and Dalton students are just blatantly the nicest, most supportive, and most appreciative for what school they are able to attend. I cannot even imagine attending any other school; I would be a completely different person, for the worse, of course.

Dalton School