K-12|Private
1,300 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted July 14, 2016
My daughter joined Dalton in Kindergarten and will be in 2nd grade this fall. The progressive approach which entails learning by doing projects and the interdisciplinary approach have been some of the unique features of learning in the first 2 years. My daughter LOVES school. We have seen her grow and thrive In the last 2 years.

Posted June 01, 2016
I am the parent of two children who attended The Dalton School from K though 12. Each of my kids received an excellent education. Although they were forced to work very hard, there were numerous important benefits. They learned to think, write, speak in public, work in teams and on their own and to be good citizens, all within a nurturing environment. They made terrific - sure to be - lifelong friends. They were incredibly well prepared for college.

Posted January 08, 2015
I am the parent of an alum. Now that he has also completed college (yes, at a top Ivy League school), I can reflect with fondness on this unique institution of higher education. Dalton in a word is GREAT. From the day my son was admitted, to the last day of classes, it was a dream trip come true. He was challenged, nourished, complimented and made to feel that he had a home away from home. Dalton is an opportunity, a gift that keeps on giving throughout a lifetime. What more could a parent ask for?

Posted August 25, 2012
I was accepted into the Dalton School, and am starting my Dalton education this September. But, once I entered that school to think bout applying, I knew this school was just right for me. Their academics seem to be rigorous, and I feel that there is a big sense of community, much like there was at the program through which I am entering Dalton, Prep For Prep. After getting accepted into Dalton, I spent a day there, and the students are really curious, and they were really friendly and kind to me. I was surprised because this had not happened during my 1st day at the public school I attended. The teachers were amazing, and they were very willing and happy to answer a question a student had. Everyone is extremely nice. I am really looking forward to attending Dalton in the fall!!! -Marco Paz-Solano

Posted December 17, 2011
I graduated from this school and I loved it. I am very smart.The teachers are awesome.I would recomend this school to everyone in New York.

Posted June 25, 2010
I started at Dalton in kindergarten and just graduated a few weeks ago, and I can honestly say that it was an amazing experience. The faculty (well, most of them) are brilliant, engaging, and insightful, and are always willing to help you or challgenge you when you need it. The school is undoubtedly slanted toward the humanities (History and English are definitely the best departments in the high school), but no matter what your interests and abilities are, if you pick the right classes you will be challenged and you will learn A LOT. In high school you can make your schedule as heavy or as light as you want (within certain boundaries, of course), depending on how many extracurriculars you do and how much down time you want, and in this respect Dalton is great at letting each student direct the course of his/her education.

Posted December 24, 2009
I go to dalton and i couldn't be happier. It is balanced so well!!!

Dalton School

Posted November 07, 2009
The Dalton School is wonderful because it teaches you alot, and the work is not too hard. Ruth Simon

Posted July 13, 2009
Excellent school due to the amazing faculty, who are always more than ready to help. If you want to do something, you can get it done here. If a student wants to do nothing... well, he/she can do that too.

Posted January 09, 2009
Dalton is amazing! I've been attending this school since kindergarten, and leaving has never crossed my mind. Every type of student is accepted here, from the Model UN boy, to the actress, to the computer science lover. I've never felt uncomfortable around my teachers or the administration, and both are always extremely friendly and great! besides all this, the academics are superb. Though at times the work load can become stressful, your teachers are always there to support you. There is no better learning atmosphere or school in the world.

Dalton School