/ School Profile
New York, NY
Before care: Yes

Manhattan Christian Academy 4

Posted November 02, 2014
Our son is new to the school starting as a 7th grader. It's a shame I did not know that this school existed right here next to Riverdale the Bronx. It offers a nurturing, God centric environment that is academically challenging and holds the children responsible for their attitudes, behaviour and character. I have already seen my son mature since the fall and the extracurricular activities are impressive for a small school. The student to faculty ratio is also great.

Posted October 24, 2014
As a teacher at this school for the last nine years, I have to say that I couldn't be more blessed to find an institution that has such a great desire to reach out to the community as well as to preach the good news of the gospel. I am sad to read the reviews of parents who have left with a distaste in their mouths for our school. If you are upset about how much Bible is taught well then yes maybe this school is not the best choice as we believe that the Bible is the foundation for everything in life and therefore should be taught alongside normal academic curriculum. I wanted to say though in regards to our school being only about money, I absolutely disagree with that. Our tuition is far below what would need to be collected in order to not only pay myself and the other teachers but also to cover normal school expenses. I understand that we have a fair amount of fees such as tardy, athletic, etc. but so do most private institutions and our school is funded merely by the parent contribution and donor giving. I have worked at several schools and am proud to represent this school. I love this school and look forward to many years of teaching and loving on our kids.

Manhattan Christian Academy 1

Posted September 29, 2014
The ratings dated 6/6/14, 9/25/13 and 9/1/09 are very accurate. I find this school is ONLY about money. They seriously could care less about the safety and well being of your child. The best quote I saw in these reviews "Their idea of problem solving from bullying to cutting is to pray it away." This is exactly how it works at MCA. Nothing is taken seriously unless its are relative or sibling of a teacher, preacher, principal or staff member. They are only interested in your money and will find every possible way to dig into your pockets. There is a monetary fine for every possible violation. If you don't pay the fine...they withhold the childs report card and will go as far as not permitting the child to graduate to the grade. There is way too much emphasis in the teaching the bible. One year my daughter's homework was almost only bible studies. Following suit of many other parents, I decided to take my daughter out of this school and believe me it was the best move I made. Entering the new school I found she was almost a grade behind. She is now up to date and is doing much better in school. Please forgive my for my grammer but I am only 4 years in this country.

Manhattan Christian Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2014
Sadly, I am very disappointed with manhattan Christian academy. Their elementary school program (grades pre-k thru 4) is quite good. However their middle school has much to be desired. They do not know how to address pre-teen and teen socialization and issues. Their idea of problem solving from bullying to cutting is to pray it away. If that doesn't "heal" the offending party, then kicking the child out is their answer. If you are not a full tuition paying parent, or do not attend their church, you are made to feel less than adequate, both student and parents. The teachers are over worked and under paid and when you need to ask a question or need information about your child, they are difficult to get a hold of, or when they do, they give you vague responses. My recommendation to MCA would be to hire a well trained professional in social work to help students and families alike with resources, counseling and information, instead of pushing the child and family aside and making them feel like failures and sinners.

Posted November 27, 2013
MCA is an amazing school. I am a pre-school parent and absolutely love all that MCA is doing for my son. MCA is definitely doing an amazing job in raising up intelligent Godly men and women who will be change agents in this world.

Posted October 26, 2013
I am an alumni of this school. I love this school. The teachers and staff are very kind. You feel very welcomed. Everyone knows your name. They offer after school tutoring, if you don't understand something, they will help you until you get it. They also have extra curriculum which is really fun. The spiritual aspect is the best. Every morning we get together as a school and have a time of worship and devotion. I still go back and visit.

Posted October 11, 2013
MCA is an oasis in the middle of chaos. I am so thankful for answered prayer and am glad that there is still such a school that offers Christ Centered Education without compromising academic excellence. The children excel spiritually, academically and socially in a short period of time due to the teachers and faculty ministering God's word through being examples of Christ's love. If you are looking for a school that develops the whole child, then look no further, you've found it.

Posted October 08, 2013
MCA is AN EXCEPTIONAL EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE: If your desire and goal as parents is for your child to be spiritually centered, highly challenged academically, and well-rounded, then Manhattan Christian Academy is the place for you (and your child). It is a hidden jewel in upper Manhattan, but a shining light and hub of spiritual grace, academic genius, and creativity for all involved. The children are mature, focused, and supportive of one another, and the faculty, staff, and teachers, are dedicated to ensuring that each child realizes and reaches his/her fullest potential - spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally. The school's extracurricular activities - robust and plentiful - only serve to enhance each student's daily learning experience. We could not be happier as parents of a MCA third grader. The spiritual and educational standards that we have set for our son are very high and are being met each and every day at Manhattan Christian Academy. In short, while the road to long-term success in life begins in the home, it continues and is reinforced each day at MCA. - Very Proud MCA Parents

Posted October 03, 2013
MCA has wonderfully committed staff, who care greatly about the children. So blessed to be a part of this community.

Posted October 01, 2013
This school is amazing!!! So grateful to God for leading me here. My children love this school and I couldn't imagine them in any other place! My children are thriving in the hands of such loving, caring and devoted teachers and staff. Academically my children are being prepared and challenge beyond my expectations... And knowing that's is being done in a environment that daily points them to Jesus truly delights my soul! Thank you Manhattan Christian Academy for being a safe haven of Gods love for my children!

Manhattan Christian Academy
401 W 205th St, New York, NY  10034
Last modified Manhattan Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Manhattan Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top