Manhattan Christian Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2014
Sadly, I am very disappointed with manhattan Christian academy. Their elementary school program (grades pre-k thru 4) is quite good. However their middle school has much to be desired. They do not know how to address pre-teen and teen socialization and issues. Their idea of problem solving from bullying to cutting is to pray it away. If that doesn't "heal" the offending party, then kicking the child out is their answer. If you are not a full tuition paying parent, or do not attend their church, you are made to feel less than adequate, both student and parents. The teachers are over worked and under paid and when you need to ask a question or need information about your child, they are difficult to get a hold of, or when they do, they give you vague responses. My recommendation to MCA would be to hire a well trained professional in social work to help students and families alike with resources, counseling and information, instead of pushing the child and family aside and making them feel like failures and sinners.

Posted November 27, 2013
MCA is an amazing school. I am a pre-school parent and absolutely love all that MCA is doing for my son. MCA is definitely doing an amazing job in raising up intelligent Godly men and women who will be change agents in this world.

Posted October 26, 2013
I am an alumni of this school. I love this school. The teachers and staff are very kind. You feel very welcomed. Everyone knows your name. They offer after school tutoring, if you don't understand something, they will help you until you get it. They also have extra curriculum which is really fun. The spiritual aspect is the best. Every morning we get together as a school and have a time of worship and devotion. I still go back and visit.

Posted October 11, 2013
MCA is an oasis in the middle of chaos. I am so thankful for answered prayer and am glad that there is still such a school that offers Christ Centered Education without compromising academic excellence. The children excel spiritually, academically and socially in a short period of time due to the teachers and faculty ministering God's word through being examples of Christ's love. If you are looking for a school that develops the whole child, then look no further, you've found it.

Posted October 08, 2013
MCA is AN EXCEPTIONAL EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE: If your desire and goal as parents is for your child to be spiritually centered, highly challenged academically, and well-rounded, then Manhattan Christian Academy is the place for you (and your child). It is a hidden jewel in upper Manhattan, but a shining light and hub of spiritual grace, academic genius, and creativity for all involved. The children are mature, focused, and supportive of one another, and the faculty, staff, and teachers, are dedicated to ensuring that each child realizes and reaches his/her fullest potential - spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally. The school's extracurricular activities - robust and plentiful - only serve to enhance each student's daily learning experience. We could not be happier as parents of a MCA third grader. The spiritual and educational standards that we have set for our son are very high and are being met each and every day at Manhattan Christian Academy. In short, while the road to long-term success in life begins in the home, it continues and is reinforced each day at MCA. - Very Proud MCA Parents

Posted October 03, 2013
MCA has wonderfully committed staff, who care greatly about the children. So blessed to be a part of this community.

Posted October 01, 2013
This school is amazing!!! So grateful to God for leading me here. My children love this school and I couldn't imagine them in any other place! My children are thriving in the hands of such loving, caring and devoted teachers and staff. Academically my children are being prepared and challenge beyond my expectations... And knowing that's is being done in a environment that daily points them to Jesus truly delights my soul! Thank you Manhattan Christian Academy for being a safe haven of Gods love for my children!

Manhattan Christian Academy 3

Posted September 25, 2013
Be aware! New school year, new faces, and a new way of conducting school business. That's right, if you're willing to give your parental rights over to the administrator and his staff, then this is the school you're looking for. Yes, you'll have very little to say in reference to your child's well being while at school. But on the other hand, if you feel you know what's best for your child's personal needs, simply because you are the parent, then this is definitely not the school to enroll your child in. It grieves me to see a good school turn in this direction. Oh, and don't let the word Christian in their name fool you, there's very little, if any humble Love for others coming from the top at this point, especially when you're in disagreement over the concerns of your child's needs, and more importantly his/her safety. I pray the ones in charge of this school would read this review and withdraw from the errors of their ways. I pray that in sincere Christian love, they would humble themselves, and respect the concerns expressed by parents and teachers in considering what's best for the children. May God bless all the children and teachers at MCA, Amen.

Posted May 16, 2012
My son has been in this school since he was one month short of 3 yrs old. I was searching for a school with a wonderful nurturing environment and I found it in MCA. Everyone from school administrative staff, to the teachers of lower and higher grades will know your child's name. This school places a strong emphasis on family orientation, etiquette, and disciplining. My son loved all his teachers and their assistants very much. Unlike public schools, private schools have a cut off date of Sept 1st to be 5 yrs old and enter kindergarten, this policy has forced me to remove my son from the school, I did not want him to repeat another year of pre-k.

Posted June 29, 2011
This school offers a great educational opportunity to the public schools and charter schools in the area. They primarily serve neighborhood families and work hard to help a majority of the families with significant tuition assistance. They have achieved much higher high school graduation rates of students that have attended MCA vs the NYC Public Schools, at a much lower cost per pupil. The teachers and faculty really care about the students and work hard to provide an oasis of learning in what can sometimes be tumultuous home lives.

Manhattan Christian Academy
401 W 205th St, New York, NY  10034
Last modified Manhattan Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Manhattan Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.