Posted October 13, 2014
This school is extremely great . It is as good a community as an education system .The classes are interesting and not like public school lectures.This school is changing my life because , our teachers here at De la Salle academy really care about your improvement throughout the year . They even make sure you are keeping your mind active when school is out. All of the teachers are willing to help you after school and in school , even though they can be at home relaxing , so that shows that they care about you because they lose some of there free tim to help you . This is the of the most diverse communities I've ever been in throughout my entire life.This school in a way shows you how to look beyond skin color and they also form you into a good person _

De la Salle Academy 1

Posted September 04, 2014
A school that offers no help to their students who might be stressed or really nervous

Posted October 05, 2013
De La Salle Academy is not just a school, it's a community, a family, a home. I am a current 8th grader here at DLSA and I couldn't have made a better choice than coming into this school. Not only are the students friendly and supportive, but the faculty is equally as helpful. DLSA is a place where you can be yourself, you will not be judged. Keeping in mind that this is my last year here at DLSA, I'm not worrying about missing my friends. The friends I have now are lifelong friends. Additionally, considering that the school is so small, the teachers really get a good sense of who you are, whether it's about academics or not! In a class, you can get good attention from every teacher individually even. DLSA is all about community and belonging. For me, personally, I have two families. One, my ACTUAL family and two, my DLSA family. DLS is really like a family. I mean, if you have a brother or sister at home, you may have your ups and downs, but in the end, WE ARE FAMILY :) and I love every single one of my brothers and sisters (and moms and dads...)

Posted June 25, 2013
I am please to be able to give some insight on De La Salle Academy. DLSA is my alma mater; I graduated from this school in 1990 - it seems like a life time ago. De La Salle provides gifted children from low income families the opportunity at a high quality education that may otherwise not have been attainable. Through the help of sponsors and donations, the school makes up the difference that the parents of these talented kids could not afford. I was fortunate that the school board believed in me and accepted me among thousands to attend. I firmly believe that De La Salle and the education and life lessons I learned there provided the foundation for who and what I've become today. I feel blessed to have been part of the DLSA family and am happy that many more generations of gifted city kids will have the same opportunities I was given.

Posted May 28, 2013
I am a student currently in 8th grade and I entered in 6th grade. This school, not exaggerating one bit, changed my life. Academically it pushed me to do my best and to work hard for the grades that I earned. There is also a strong community where everyone is there for you. The small-ness of it also adds onto the community because everyone gets to know each other well. I know this all sounds idealistic but it's true, this is a bubble from the real world but this place, this bubble also allowed me the extra time to find who I truly was and to learn about myself and my boundaries in life. It prepared me for the real world and it also brought me to have friends that are supportive and won't bring me down but actually push me up to do better and to achieve my goals. My friends are friends that I believe I will keep past high school and college, these are my life buddies. When I first came here, I thought that these people were crazy hugging me and actually being happy and so bright at school. Usually at public school you don't see those expressions, but at De La Salle those are common expressions. Happiness to be at school with supportive teachers and friends surrounding you.

Posted February 12, 2013
I know that my child (who is in the 8th grade now) really loves this school. Personally, I do not think she could have gone to a better middle school. Every teacher in DLS is not only very good at teaching, they are very supportive and encouraging. The principal is always around mingling with students around the school. Every subject in DLS is challenging, and one has to really learn to manage their time in order to get a great report card. DLS really puts a lot of emphasis on being a community member, being a leader, being the best student that YOU can be, and just taking all the opportunities that come your way. DLS not only helps you get to the best high schools in the country, the principal also keeps in contact with you throughout your education career and beyond. All in all, I believe that this is a really great school and a really great opportunity. They have their own website, so apply! :)

Posted November 11, 2011
While there is a learning curve - more in terms of learning time management and scheduling, rather than academically, we are so happy our son is in this school. He is struggling to keep on top of his homework right now, but he will get there. Nevertheless, he feels he made the right choice in moving to this school, is happy and has many friends among classmates. It certainly seems as nurturing and supportive of academically inclined children as we initially thought. It was worth the work to enable him to be accepted. He was so thrilled to get that letter. The principal and his staff all seemed totally committed to empowering the children to reach their potential and go on to great schools. We look forward to seeing our son flourish here.

Posted September 29, 2010
All schools should be modeled after DLSA. I have a child in 7th grade and this school is just beyond awesome. Subjects are wonderful and taught very well. The Principal is accessible and treats you with respect and dignity. Everyone from the teachers to staff and students treat you like a person and everyone is just wonderful and caring. The best choice we ever made was to have our child go to DLSA. You won't regret it.

Posted May 14, 2010
De La Salle is a great place. No, even better. Here at DLSA, the teachers are smart and they care for the children, and they actually want them to succeed. They are also nice to the parents. Here, they don't only teach about how to be smart,but they also give you love, and moral teachings. It makes you feel like a real family. The principle is the best. He REALLY cares about the children, and they all look up to him. He is a perfect example, and a great man.

Posted February 14, 2010
De la salle acaademy is a place not only where you can excel academically but excel socially and to widen the range of thought. It is a place not only where you can strive for sucsess but a place where you feel loved and cared for. I am currently a student at de la salle academy and i feel all these things and so do many of my other community members . Its such a wonderful atmoshpere adb any child is lucky to be there

De la Salle Academy