/ School Profile

Highway Christian Academy 1

Posted December 28, 2012
I was told by a few people that this was the school to go to for academics. I do not see that I had my child there and I found so much wrong. The television is always on, the teacher has her own personal television she is watching, there is no cafeteria, no library, not much of anything. The staff is clueless,rude and soooo unprofessional. The homework is not checked. I can go on and on. I believe maybe at one time they could have been a good school, but I do not see them as a good school for my child. Did I mention they are greedy for money but where does the money go because its not invested in the children. They have nothing for them. Research a little more you can find a better school. I give this school no ratings(the one star was an accident) and all the ratings are saying the same things then there must be some truth to it not just one parents opinion.

Highway Christian Academy 2

Posted July 10, 2012
My son attended Highway for the past year and while I think the teachers give the students a decent foundation; the administration is HORRENDOUS. They lack professionalism as well as common sense. When I went to interview, the woman conducting was eating McDonalds and talking with a full mouth. Her office reeked of onions and she had the worst attitude. For the amount of money they collect between tuition, book fees , and trips as well as candy sales you would think they would brighten up the place or add some extracurricular activities. My other issue was several times when I went to visit the children were left unattended and in chaos. By the way, what's with the sleeping "security" guard?? I use that term loosely.

Posted January 30, 2012
My son attends HCA now. He has been there for 2 years. He has learned a lot but it now time for him to move on. A good soild foundation; academically they are good but the Administration Staff is horrible. Attitudes all the time; and they do not know how to speak to you. When I came in to register my son; I was in the office and one of the staff members had the radio blasting WLIB 1190 gospel radio station. She had to repeat her question to me a few times before she could hear me. No professionalism at all.... Who is the principal? I have never met him or seen him before...

Highway Christian Academy 2

Posted July 29, 2009
Academics in this school depends on the teacher your child will have. There are some teacher's that's very good and they children adore them. Other teacher's need to leave there personal life etc. out of the classrooms. To me, it feels like the teacher's walk on straws. Administration there is a toss up. They are not very professional. She The classroom sizes are getting smaller and smaller. My child was blessed to have the best teacher's this school offered and she's very smart. I just wished that they could've challeged her more. I would have to agree with the other parents, if your looking for extracurricular activities, you're looking in the wrong place. You will not find it here!!!! I would also like to point out, the entrance door does not close all the way all of the time and I believe someone should be downstairs at all times.

Highway Christian Academy 0

Posted May 03, 2009
I attended Highway for many years. From PreK to Eighth grade. This is an excellent school for academics but seriously lacks extra curricular activties and i dont believe all of the teachers are certifies beinq that it is a family run adminitration. The administration needs a serious attitude adjustment also. I always wonderes where all of the money for tuition went to because there were not any type of activties, games, snacks, movies, There was nothinq. I learned alot in that school and i commend their academic ability because I came out a scholar, but I see this school closing soon because of dissatisfied parents and over priced tuition.

Posted April 30, 2009

Posted June 09, 2008

Posted April 01, 2008
Highway is a good school for academics. My daughter is doing good. They need more programs for the childern(computers, dance, arts). They need better security anybody can walk in the building. Also, there is no PTA and they charge for everything.

Highway Christian Academy 5

Posted January 12, 2008

Highway Christian Academy 0

Posted January 11, 2008
Highway is a great school for academics. My son who is 4 and in pre-K for 4 year olds, is already reading, writing his name and counting up to 100! I think the administration needs an overhaul, as it is a family-run administration. The tuition is very pricey compared to the benefits these children should be reaping: air conditioning, 21st Century technology (computers), better lighting and more extracurricular activities (how about music, art, dance?). I am looking to enroll my son to an environment that has all these things and more because he deserves it! Parents need to see what their tuition is getting them besides the academics, as the children's learning ability is a partnership with the faculty.

Highway Christian Academy
132 E 111th St, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Highway Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Highway Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top