/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted September 06, 2014
My nieces and nephew attend this school and this is the BEST school they've been to; hands down better than any public school out there. Why? Smaller class sizes mean more attention to individual needs. Attending graduation made me all warm and fuzzy because I love watching dedication, passion and talent play itself out in front of families. What's really important about any school is to make your OWN decision. I know from experience that public schools with A ratings don't have A plus material (bullying, overcrowding, lack of music and art is not an A school, DOE). It's so clear this small school has a dedicated staff with TIME to care. They have graduates who are heading to Brooklyn Tech, one of the best schools in Brooklyn, when public schools produce students who head to Lincoln--NOT one of the best! Take negative reviews with a grain of salt. This is a hidden gem on Wadsworth Street that really deserves to be revealed! And please don't get me started on the teachers! So dedicated and professional! Well done, St. Spryidon!

Posted August 20, 2014
great little school just like the reviewer say. very nice people speak spanish, greek and another lanauhge. very good. My sons going to love this small schhool. i saw some of the teachers they smiled at me and they did not know me. they help me find my way to registr

Posted August 14, 2014
I ask everyone that visits this site to also visit the school. The negative reviews are unfair at best and over all down right lies. As a parent who's child graduated this year I must say Saint Spyridon has been the best for my daughter. She thrived there and cried buckets of tears knowing this would be the last year with her strong, loving and talented teachers. I am often shocked by the negative and hateful reviews by fellow parents who walk around claiming they know more than these dedicated and hard working teachers who work so hard for our children's educational, spiritual and personal well being. All it takes is one disgruntle parent or teacher(yes teacher) to cast a shadow of doubt on the miracles that happen at our fine school. Please do not believe the haters. Come feel the love for yourself.

St Spyridon Parochial School 2

Posted August 04, 2014
this school is a poorly-run business, teachers are unsupervised. nobody to hold accountable, poor security.

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughter has attended St. Spyridon since Pre-K. She has thrived because of the great teachers and small classroom environment. I've never experienced any problems that others have listed. Education is important-and where your child takes their first steps on the path of knowledge equally so.

Posted September 09, 2013
This school is extremely disorganized ,they changing teachers almost every year, all they do is pooling money from parents pockets , I have told by the other schools that my son is behind the program, horrible attitude towards there students and there students mothers and fathers , school security is zero, horrible school.

Posted July 27, 2013
Stay away. The worst school in NY. Check the principals education and background. Rude, uneducated and she is never in the school.

Posted June 28, 2013
Its evident that someone inside the school is place false ratings about the school, because everytime a parent provides a rating reflecting the true identity of the school someone rates the leadership and teacher highly. But based on conversations with multiple parents and my own personal experience parents are not satisifed with the principal's leadership, curriculum, and 1st grade teacher. To add, the principal and the head master were in the papers several weeks ago for inappropriate behavior.

Posted March 28, 2013
my son is in first grade and has been in this school since he was in the head-start program, very pleased with the education he is receiving as well the character that he's captured from the school, love the way the teachers go about getting through to my child and communicate with me so we're all on the same page, finally the administration is really nice and understanding unlike other schools, the principal is the strongest yet sweetest principal i have ever come across with, the headmaster very nice as well. Depending what education you receive in your early childhood will pay off through your entire school career/professional career.

Posted March 28, 2013
I only have one word to describe this school "HORRIBLE." they are disorganized i have tried several times to arrange a meeting with the principal and not once has she reached out to me. the teacher is the same she is rude and does not communicate or regard the parent's concerns. worst of all the school is not aligned to the common core learning standards

St Spyridon Parochial School
120 Wadsworth Avenue, New York, NY  10033
Last modified St Spyridon Parochial School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Spyridon Parochial School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top