PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. Spyridon teaches their students to be respectful and honest young ladies and gentlemen. The students get along with their peers and respect and listen to their teachers and administrators.

St. Spyridon is a warm, loving and safe atmosphere for children to be learning in. The teachers are very dedicated, educated, hard workers and truly care about their students. The new Principall, Ms. Panos, is a very caring and loving individual , whose knowledge and experience in school building leadership is refreshing and what this school has been lacking in many years. I am a very happy and proud parent of the school and see academic results in my child.My child is happy to come to school. I would recommend this school to everyone who is lookiing for a small, safe, caring parochial schoil setting with small class sizes and individualized instruction in a classroom setting.

Both my children have attended St. Spyridon since Pre-K. My son graduated this past June top of his class. The school is a small community of very caring teachers and administrators. It is true that in the past the school was plagued with poor management and high teacher turnover, specifically in the lower grades. Thankfully, this year has brought a new principal who is turning the school around and the changes have been positive. For those parents who feel the school is not teaching their children at the same standards as other schools, my son is proof positive that this is not true. He received a stellar education at St. Spyridon and it has been confirmed by many of his high school teachers who praise his ability to write wonderful essays with proper language and sentence structure in the ninth grade! Fighting and bullying is not tolerated in this school. The new administration is very quick to handle any incidents of poor behavior. There is a sense of community among the students which I rarely see in other schools. Overall, I think the school is a good school. There are still areas for improvement, but good things are happening there. Any concerns I may have as a parent are handled promptly. The teachers as well as the new administration are professional, educated, kind and really care for the kids. This is more than you get in some of the public schools in this particular area of Manhattan!

My nieces and nephew attend this school and this is the BEST school they've been to; hands down better than any public school out there. Why? Smaller class sizes mean more attention to individual needs. Attending graduation made me all warm and fuzzy because I love watching dedication, passion and talent play itself out in front of families. What's really important about any school is to make your OWN decision. I know from experience that public schools with A ratings don't have A plus material (bullying, overcrowding, lack of music and art is not an A school, DOE). It's so clear this small school has a dedicated staff with TIME to care. They have graduates who are heading to Brooklyn Tech, one of the best schools in Brooklyn, when public schools produce students who head to Lincoln--NOT one of the best! Take negative reviews with a grain of salt. This is a hidden gem on Wadsworth Street that really deserves to be revealed! And please don't get me started on the teachers! So dedicated and professional! Well done, St. Spryidon!

great little school just like the reviewer say. very nice people speak spanish, greek and another lanauhge. very good. My sons going to love this small schhool. i saw some of the teachers they smiled at me and they did not know me. they help me find my way to registr

I ask everyone that visits this site to also visit the school. The negative reviews are unfair at best and over all down right lies. As a parent who's child graduated this year I must say Saint Spyridon has been the best for my daughter. She thrived there and cried buckets of tears knowing this would be the last year with her strong, loving and talented teachers. I am often shocked by the negative and hateful reviews by fellow parents who walk around claiming they know more than these dedicated and hard working teachers who work so hard for our children's educational, spiritual and personal well being. All it takes is one disgruntle parent or teacher(yes teacher) to cast a shadow of doubt on the miracles that happen at our fine school. Please do not believe the haters. Come feel the love for yourself.

this school is a poorly-run business, teachers are unsupervised. nobody to hold accountable, poor security.

My daughter has attended St. Spyridon since Pre-K. She has thrived because of the great teachers and small classroom environment. I've never experienced any problems that others have listed. Education is important-and where your child takes their first steps on the path of knowledge equally so.

This school is extremely disorganized ,they changing teachers almost every year, all they do is pooling money from parents pockets , I have told by the other schools that my son is behind the program, horrible attitude towards there students and there students mothers and fathers , school security is zero, horrible school.

Stay away. The worst school in NY. Check the principals education and background. Rude, uneducated and she is never in the school.

Last modified St Spyridon Parochial School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8