/ School Profile
New York, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted October 04, 2012
Beit Rabban is a very special place. It is extremely nurturing and meets kids where they re at. The amazing student to teacher ratio allows the children to receive extra attention. The small size also means every adult knows every child and can pitch in when necessary. The teachers and administration could not be more responsive and accessible. It is a truly pluralistic community which does a great job providing a strong Jewish and secular education simultaneously. The parent involvement is remarkable and the sense of community is extraordinary. Everyone was so welcoming when our child started school. The other parents are very down-to-earth and I have never encountered any parent concerned with issues of money or status. These values align with the school's values. We visited and applied to over 10 schools (both secular and Jewish) in Manhattan and there was truly no comparable place. Beit Rabban s commitment to helping children socially, emotionally and academically is beyond reproach. Beit Rabban prepares children to make the world a better place.

Posted September 20, 2011
I've had three kids at Beit Rabban, and they've all had a great experience. When it was time for my oldest to move on (to another really good NYC day school), he was with or ahead of the class in every subject, even though he was middle of the pack for some things at Beit Rabban. I love that the same teachers teach both Judaic and secular studies, although it wasn't something I even thought about when I applied to schools. All schools say that they integrate the Judaics and secular studies, but now that I have a child in a standard (really good) day school, where the Hebrew teacher is just a big afraid of math and the English teacher isn't so comfortable with a chumash, I see what a difference it makes. If you visit Beit Rabban, ask them about why they do it this way. They explain it better than I can.

Posted September 15, 2011
My daughter has just started her 5th year at Beit Rabban -- and she wants to go there until college! My husband and I are consistently impressed by how the kids love to learn! They are encouraged to think critically, solve problems creatively, respect different perspectives, and develop core skills beginning in preschool. The teachers are innovative in their approach, and give each child personalized attention to progress at the right pace. Thoughtful Torah study and Hebrew language are an integral part of the interdisciplinary curriculum. From a young age, kids are empowered to think for themselves, ask the right questions, and believe that they can make a difference in the world around them. It's also a great community of parents, and very diverse.

Beit Rabban 4

Posted September 15, 2011
Beit Rabban is a gem. I never imagined I d find such a place on the Upper West Side. It s truly child-centered, with each child s needs coming first, without compromising learning that s both rigorous and exciting. The classrooms are alive with enthusiastic, energetic children engaged in challenging work. The school s graduates are deeply versed in Jewish and secular learning, but are also confident, thoughtful, and compassionate. I couldn t be happier.

Posted April 20, 2010

Posted March 22, 2009

Posted June 03, 2008

Beit Rabban 1

Posted September 17, 2007

Posted May 24, 2006
Our son is completing kindergarten at Beit Rabban and we are thrilled with the school. It's a truly unique Jewish day school, combining rigorous secular and Judaic curricula with an emphasis on critical thinking, intellectual creativity and genuine tolerance for diverse level of religious observance. Families range from secular to Orthodox and everything in between; everyone is treated with respect. Students learn traditional primary Jewish texts in Hebrew beginning in kindergarten. Fully integrated curriculum includes Hebrew immersion. Small class sizes, amazing degree of individual attention: we receive a lengthy note each week detailing our son's progress and suggesting ways we can reinforce his studies at home. As professional math-types, my husband and I are particularly impressed with the strong math curriculum. Our son loves his school and has actually asked for more homework, which he gets. School is growing rapidly and plans to open a middle school soon.

Beit Rabban